Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Space Fever PCB help

Hi All,

I have recently picked up an original Nintendo Space Fever Cocktail cab, the game switches on but the graphics are shot to hell, on inspecting the board I found a lot of corrosion on one of the eproms with some of the legs broken off and stuck in the socket and was hoping that someone on here might be able to help me repair the board.

I suppose my first question is :-

Can I get a replacement? The identifiers on the chip are as follows, pictures also attached,

F1T on a label

TMS

2708JL

MBA7849

The socket may or may not be recoverable , else it could be replaced.

My second question is, is it worth trying to recover?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28865[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]28866[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]28867[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Ray

Hi All,

I have recently picked up an original Nintendo Space Fever Cocktail cab, the game switches on but the graphics are shot to hell, on inspecting the board I found a lot of corrosion on one of the eproms with some of the legs broken off and stuck in the socket and was hoping that someone on here might be able to help me repair the board.

I suppose my first question is :-

Can I get a replacement? The identifiers on the chip are as follows, pictures also attached,

F1T on a label

TMS

2708JL

MBA7849

The socket may or may not be recoverable , else it could be replaced.

My second question is, is it worth trying to recover?

Cheers,

Ray

Yes, it is worth fixing in my opinion. The socket can easily be replaced. Nintendos are easy to solder,

I have a Space fever, to compare to if needed

Thanks Dez,

Just need info on the eprom.....

The socket looks ok under a magnifying glass, but also looks easy enough to replace. I will try to remove the broken off legs tonight and see how it goes.

Thanks Dez,

Just need info on the eprom.....

The socket looks ok under a magnifying glass, but also looks easy enough to replace. I will try to remove the broken off legs tonight and see how it goes.

Let me know if you want the img

One of the guys on the forum could show me how, I have his burner at my house ATM