Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SEGA Thunder Blade DLX

Collapse

Any topic relating to the restoration of Video or Electromechanical Arcade machines.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got all the parts back from the powdercoaters, makes such a difference.

The seat section just got sandblasted as it has a large bearing in the center I couldn't remove, I'll need to spray paint it.

Then to figure out how the whole thing goes back together...uh oh
    Attached Files

Comment

Ahhh yeh! What a mad score!

I'm excited to see how this turns out!

Comment

Originally posted by esoteric_rt View Post
        Some more pics so you can see how the machine goes together.

I was surprised that there is no motor, purely mechanical movement with the joystick. 2 pots provide feedback to the PCB

So many rusted bolts that stripped, it was a pain!
        So is that true then that no Thunder Blade cabinet has a shaker motor? I've connected my PCB to the After Burner cab and no shaker action whatsoever! I suspected fault with the PCB, but maybe there was no shaker to start with...

Correction, there was a shaker motor - it definitely was on the upright cabinet. Maybe only the DX version did not have one...

Comment

Originally posted by kadeath View Post

So is that true then that no Thunder Blade cabinet has a shaker motor? I've connected my PCB to the After Burner cab and no shaker action whatsoever! I suspected fault with the PCB, but maybe there was no shaker to start with...

Correction, there was a shaker motor - it definitely was on the upright cabinet. Maybe only the DX version did not have one...
          Yeah I thought only the upright had a shaker. Seems SEGA did that with Afterburner and Outrun uprights too

Comment

Spray-painting the seat section and starting to put it all back together
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
            Working...
            X