Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sega Lindbergh Restore Questions

Collapse

Any topic relating to the restoration of Video or Electromechanical Arcade machines.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sega Lindbergh Restore Questions

Looks like a Sanwa Joystick, maybe a JLF.

If you're interested, the marquee you have is from a Namco Noir clone, or a Namco Noir. It is mounted too high on the back of the cab. I have the same one mounted on my cab and if you like I can show you how I mounted it lower down so it looks like a proper Lindbergh marquee. The marquee is supposed to sit flush with the top of the monitor, rather than being elevated.

Comment

Oh thanks man. Yeah would love to see how you did it! Thought it looked a little high haha

Comment

I'll snap a photo tonight of what it looks like from the front, but I can't get at the back of the cabinet due to shit being in the way.

Basically, the metal mount bracket for the marquee needs to have 4 new holes drilled in it, as the current holes do not match the holes in the Lindbergh Cab. Also, because it is too high, you also need to drill holes in the back of the Lindbergh cab monitor mount. There is a steel plate on the back that supports the monitor, it's just thin steel and easy to drill through. What I did (well, what my dad helped me do, as I suck with tools) was to drill 4 new holes into the marquee mount and then line those 4 holes up and then mark where to drill on the Lindbergh cab.

We drilled the holes and then inserted threaded rivet nuts using one of these tools. https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...ol/523129.html

The rivet nuts create a threaded hole that you can then put a bolt into to support the marquee. It ended up looking really good and you'd never know it was not original unless you looked at the back mounting plate.

Comment

[MENTION=4749]Hashman[/MENTION], this is what mine looks like mounted down lower. It's a lot closer to what an original Lindbergh marquee should look like. When I can finally get at the back of the cab, I will snap a photo to show you how I mounted it. It wasn't difficult, but it does require a rivet nut tool to do it properly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190911_144329.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	1852534

Comment

Hey [MENTION=4749]Hashman[/MENTION] where did you get the 2p harness and CP?

Comment

Originally posted by 1.21 Gigawatts View Post
              Hey [MENTION=4749]Hashman[/MENTION] where did you get the 2p harness and CP?

Comment

Comment

I bought these sticks for it as the existing stick i had didnt fit or have a plate. Jasen panel the plate holes are setup vertically instead of horizontally like the 1 player panel I had.

https://www.austinamusements.com.au/...-joystick.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hashman View Post
                    I bought these sticks for it as the existing stick i had didnt fit or have a plate. Jasen panel the plate holes are setup vertically instead of horizontally like the 1 player panel I had.

https://www.austinamusements.com.au/...-joystick.html
                    Thanks Dave. Are you happy with the Jasen’s Customs panel? Is the silver behind the “mesh” look a shiny finish like the Lindbergh graphics on the rest of the cab, or is it just grey?

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                    Working...
                    X