Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sega Super Hang-on measurements

Collapse

Any topic relating to the restoration of Video or Electromechanical Arcade machines.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Super Hang-on measurements

Hi All,
    I've picked up a Sega Super Hang-on ride on but the pedestal cabinet that supports the monitor was destroyed.

Would anybody be able to provide me with pictures and measurements of the cabinet and also the monitor support brackets please?

Thanks,
    Andy

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

This should be an awesome build. Looking forward to it.
    Woody

Comment

Hi Andy, i've got some pics of the monitor pedestal and mounts from my upright SHO (from when i was doing a restore to it) if that helps at all?
      I don't have any measurements unfortunately though and it's long been all put back together.

Comment

Originally posted by Yobs View Post
        Hi Andy, i've got some pics of the monitor pedestal and mounts from my upright SHO (from when i was doing a restore to it) if that helps at all?
        I don't have any measurements unfortunately though and it's long been all put back together.
        Hi Yobs,
        Any pics you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
        Cheers,
        Andy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01713.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	1848353 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01714.jpg
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	1848354 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01715.jpg
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	1848355 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01716.jpg
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	1848356 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01717.jpg
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	1848357 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01712.jpg
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	1848358
          These are all i can find at the moment, thought i had some more of the metal monitor mounts but don't seem to have them on this comp. If i find the others i will add them.

Comment

Link Link Link Link Link Link
            These are all i can find at the moment, thought i had some more of the metal monitor mounts but don't seem to have them on this comp. If i find the others i will add them.
            Thanks mate

Comment

Is the moniter base the same as upright cabinet?
              Last edited by madal; 17 May 2019, 05:36 PM.
              Al.

Comment

Originally posted by madal View Post
                I'm not sure mate

Comment

Originally posted by madal View Post
                  Looks like it's a lot wider and virtually square i would think, the upright is more rectangular and the upper cowl hangs over the sides by quite a bit.Click image for larger version

Name:	1110663929.jpg
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1848391

- - - Updated - - -

You most likely already know Andy but this site has pretty much all the decals that you will need for the restore. Sizes are accurate also.
                  Vecto // SUPERHANGON
                  Good luck with the build, it's a great game and the sit down's are harder to find too.
                  Also, this bloke has a lot of original NOS parts to suit both upright and sit down, could come in handy
                  403 Forbidden

Comment

Looks like it's a lot wider and virtually square i would think, the upright is more rectangular and the upper cowl hangs over the sides by quite a bit.Link

- - - Updated - - -

You most likely already know Andy but this site has pretty much all the decals that you will need for the restore. Sizes are accurate also.
                    Vecto // SUPERHANGON
                    Good luck with the build, it's a great game and the sit down's are harder to find too.
                    Also, this bloke has a lot of original NOS parts to suit both upright and sit down, could come in handy
                    403 Forbidden
                    Thanks Yobs.

I've actually got a couple of parts on the way from arcadefixit already. Unfortunately he only had two parts on stock that I'm looking for.

I'm thinking about ordering the decal set from here
                    Super Hang-On sticker set, 29 pieces. UK & USA versions. – Arcade Art Shop but he is missing a couple so might see if he can include them also.

The cabinets are definitely quite different but from what I can tell the top of the ride on pedestal cabinet slopes backwards so I'm hoping a normal 20 inch monitor bracket will be fine. There's almost no decent info or pics that I can find about these cabs so I'll be doing a lot more research to get it as close as possible to the original. I'll also then be uploading any plans I make so they're available for anyone else attempting this.

Thankfully I have an awesome neighbour who is going to look at making a repro seat and control panel out of fibreglass. Will be great if that works out

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01724.jpg
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	1848471
                      Found another pic Andy, i'm sure i do have others, will hook up the old PC and fire it up when i get the chance.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X