Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVIII - Game 4 ~ The Pit (closes 30-Dec)

Tank threat …

MGLXXXVIII – Game 4 ~ The Pit

Nominated by gamer: SMK

ROMSet: 0.106-0.141: thepit - "The Pit", 0.141u3-0.170: thepitj - "The Pit (Japan)"

5eGfN6u.png

Game Story:

A saucer lands at the top of the screen, separated from a tank by a mountain. The player must dig underground tunnels, grab jewels, and return to the saucer before the tank shoots through the mountain and chases away the saucer. Various hazards include falling rocks and enemies that chase you, which you can shoot.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 30 December 2018, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 4 … Grab the jewels …

Never played before in the 12 year history of the MGL

FKDv1v0.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I might be sitting this one out. The only rom I have for The Pit is for a much much older version than wolf 106 and now claims to be the Centuri version. Most rom sites that I can find either "don't exist", get blocked by my virus scanner or try to install unwanted crap on my computer. As a result right now I can't play using the correct romset so I'm out. Not asking for a link on here as that may violate site rules. I know it did on other sites I used to frequent.

It is what it is I guess :rolleyes

Looks like I might be sitting this one out. The only rom I have for The Pit is for a much much older version than wolf 106 and now claims to be the Centuri version. Most rom sites that I can find either "don't exist", get blocked by my virus scanner or try to install unwanted crap on my computer. As a result right now I can't play using the correct romset so I'm out. Not asking for a link on here as that may violate site rules. I know it did on other sites I used to frequent.

It is what it is I guess :rolleyes

Hmmmm. You just can’t stand there and watch. Never give up.

I also had some challenges getting this game to work. I use 0106. Went to Coolxxx to get the thepitj zip. Renamed this to thepit zip. Then added the missing file to the zip, from memory SH... and then it worked. If you go to xxxnation, often it will try to go to another site, I just close the new browser session as soon as it tries (like a video game!) and try again and you eventually get the file downloaded. Emuparadxxx often won’t provide the file anymore, so it is ineffective, like psyduck.

Hope this helps, it should!

i dont like the "hurky jerk" to it. die too many times. After three play throughs a cool game but so annoying with the controls. The game is really crap on a controller. Was it any better in the arcades?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139853[/ATTACH]0001.png.5448bf3bca98c1030ea1d572f3889dee.png

Edited by TodayIsForgotten

1831606575_SMK_thepit_106100_wolf106.png.16561073b68d286299343fabb65afc49.png

Just warming up. :D

Had 2 stupid deaths and a hammer that dropped onto one jewel, depriving of 2k. :x

- - - Updated - - -

208635695_SMK_thepit_132100_wolf106.png.d2465c8edf765737ae27a968520e0b07.png

I estimated I missed about 8k in points prior to *almost* completing stage 6. I forgot how damn fast stage 6 is. 7 must be insane!