Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVIII - Game 2 ~ Gravitar (closes 16-Dec)

Extraordinary force …

MGLXXXVIII – Game 2 ~ Gravitar

Nominated by gamer: RichyS

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: gravitar (version 3)

TrJiPNW.png

Game Story:

The player controls a space ship in three different solar systems. Each solar system consists of a home base, a death star, a red alien planet and four regular planets. Each planet has its own unique terrain. Each gamer has their own unique scream.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 16 December 2018, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. No cheats allowed. You may freely choose your starting level.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 … Beware the Death Star …

Last time played in the MGL four years ago … in MGLXXIII

SRLF34x.jpg

:)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this game, just wish I could handle the difficulty...

gravitar.png.e7787836289dee5a7e333518d86c3cf3.png

gravitar01.png.5aad5697500553887367ec2caecd3922.png

12k super bonus on the first universe and one planet finished on the second universe, about as good as it gets for me.

Edited by kane

Pessimeister: 2750

0002.png.99926efa89969bfc23ab1dd2b2c78d9e.png

First life: Wow, cool! So cosmic, so spacy. This is going to be sweet. Hang on...which ship is mine? How do I control this thing? *dead*.

Second life: Ohh, so this little ship is mine? Great! Now is that a black hole, red dwarf, or.... *dead*

Third life: Aliens look out! I'm flying this thing without a licence! I know, I'll blammo a few things. Mwahahaha! *dead*.

Yes! I made it to the bottom of the Flunky list.

Somewhat more seriously, I can see how this was the inspiration to the magnificent gravity based game "Thrust" on the C64. Once everyone settles into a Gravitar oriented rhythm, I'll post a link to Rob Hubbard's brilliant soundtrack for players to cruise the outer limits to. Game on! :)

I bought one of those Arcade 1up 12 in 1 3/4 size machines for Christmas which has this game on it. Unfortunately, I don’t think you can change game dip switches on it and I won’t have it assembled until after this game closes for the MGL.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I bought one of those Arcade 1up 12 in 1 3/4 size machines for Christmas which has this game on it. Unfortunately, I don’t think you can change game dip switches on it and I won’t have it assembled until after this game closes for the MGL.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Good buy. I think if I sat next to that machine to play a game people would think I was playing on my mobile phone. I hope you can change the settings as it’s more fun that way. Please post a pic of you at the machine on AA so we know you aren’t making up Xmas stories ... :laugh: