Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVIII - Game 1 ~ Magic Sword (closes 16-Dec)

Lead the challenge …

MGLXXXVIII – Game 1 ~ Magic Sword

Nominated by gamer: RichyS

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: MSword (World 900725)

AeguHtl.png

Game Story:

The game casts the player as a hero who must fight his way through a mystical tower in order to save the world. The player can use a sword, axe or magic, and can also rescue and recruit potential allies of various character classes, each of which has his or her own special abilities.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 16 December 2018, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. No cheats allowed.

All gamers please start on the "Beginning" floor (floor 1). All gamers MUST start from this floor.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 1 … Recruitment is always important …

Never played before in the 12 year history of the MGL …

q7sZEP3.jpg

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I request the rules be changed to starting on floor 1 only? This game has a few leeching issues when you can start on a higher floor.

OK, the rules have been changed.

All gamers please start on the "Beginning" floor (floor 1). All gamers MUST start from this floor.

- - - Updated - - -

New PB!

[ATTACH]139260[/ATTACH]

I didn't know anyone could score this low. Well done bigredbird!

I agree with Barra - it is very easy to get 300K+ by leeching a single later level until your lives run out.

Now I need ot learn how to play the game :)

I've done over 1m doing this. You can score much, much higher playing the game straight up but it takes a lot more effort and learning

- - - Updated - - -

OK, the rules have been changed.

Thanks. The game will be enjoyed more by all by starting at the beginning

Pessimeister: 136, 779

0004.png.46d9f2d16f0263c151582de4798288d5.png

I got to play a bit of this at the 1UP in Brisbane. What struck me immediately is how much of it is a developmental predecessor to "King of Dragons", which is definitely one of my old favourite 90s cabinet games from my teens. Playing this is going to be good fun!

Warning: You have to be fast to hit F12 before your score disappears, unless I'm missing something...

Edit:

The Hall of the Valients eventually comes up (high score screen) but we'll be needing to get 200 k+ first .

Edited by Pessimeister

Please wipe my previous scores, I left continue on even though no continues were used.

Warning: You have to be fast to hit F12 before your score disappears, unless I'm missing something...

I'm thinking it might be better to leave the Allow Continue dip switch on so it's easier to screenshot the final score. I played a game yesterday, no idea what the score was it disappeared so fast.