Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVII - Game 4 ~ Kangaroo (closes 14-Oct)

Monkey Punchout …

MGLXXXVII – Game 4 ~ Kangaroo

EwdeAs6.png

Nominated by gamer: SMK

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: Kangaroo

Game Story:

A mother kangaroo must climb through the treetops trying to rescue her son while punching out pink monkeys that throw apples at her. The kangaroo may eat fruit along the way to receive points.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 14 October 2018, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed. Please note this is a 5 life track with NO extras.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 4 … Eating fruit is good for you …

hB4u0OH.jpg

:)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't love it but I definitely don't hate the game either. It took a few of my 20c pieces back in the day.

I should know by now to read the settings carefully. Next game probably won't be for a few days (minor surgery tomorrow. Nothing too serious but I won't have access to MAME) but will be set to 5 lives. All the other settings are correct but I played on 3 lives, no extras. :rtfmninja::punish:

Next game probably won't be for a few days (minor surgery tomorrow. Nothing too serious but I won't have access to MAME) but will be set to 5 lives.

Good luck with the minor surgery tomorrow. When you recover, it may improve your game ... :rolleyes

Home and a little bit sore due to the anesthetic starting to wear off a bit but thankfully I don't play using the body part that was operated on. Correct number of lives this time as well and I lost most of them on the 8th screen. Usually by copping an apple to the head. Someone needs to tell those monkeys that I'm NOT Issac Newton and gravity's already been discovered so stop it with the bloody apples to the head :D

kangaroo.png.bff7d55e13b474e8273066dfc2bb9f4d.png

Not a favorite of mine but definitely spent a few kerns on this BITD!

Will enjoy playing this one - nice nomination!

Strangely enough I remember this game in my local arcade being on the back right side near a “10-yard Fight”, “Tron”, “720” and an “iRobot”.

So this was kind of the “easier” platform game you might play while waiting for the other ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Pessimeister: 10, 200

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136391[/ATTACH]

No-one messes with Skippy! Not even pink littering monkeys.

Never played this before. Cute but infuriating little game. :)

Skippy rules! It is very rare to see this game come up in the MGL. Not an easy game and plenty to learn.

:026:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136445[/ATTACH]

made it to 3-3 and lost 3 lives there :realmad:

Looks like we have uncovered the hidden Kangaroo master. Top score and burnt three lives ... where does he take the score now? We'll see ... DbYu2yw.gif

359487345_SMK_kangaroo_60600_wolf106.png.dc79dc988834ed1d6a4b641a1714e9ec.png

I've always loved this game even though it gets rediculously hard once you get past the 4th level. I actually made it to 4-1 and when I turned around to punch an apple, the F$#%*@ hit me right in the armpit and killed me! WTF?! :hairpull: