Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVI - Game 5 ~ Future Spy (closes 5-August)

F15 in flight …

MGLXXXVI – Game 5 ~ Future Spy

sDuOl7Y.png

Nominated by gamer: Fordy

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: FutSpy

Game Story:

You fly an F-15 around various obstacles including missiles, airplanes, helicopters, cities, destroyers, carriers, submarines, tanks, etc. while shooting or firing missiles at them. To advance "levels" you have to be able to successfully live through a black cloud experience, where you are attacked with only a 3d radar view to help you against speedy enemies.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 5 August 2018, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 5 … Menace in the clouds…

Never played before in the 12 year history of the MGL …

7Nd5UnI.jpg

:)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Moderator
I think I need to reconfigure my joystick to 'Drunk Mashing Mode" (like street fighter). I cant get that stupid jet to fly where I want it!

Pessimeister: 46, 750

0003.png.240aa5ee0c5eb7f91c6b333f02720995.png

First benchmark score for me. Another interesting game that I've never played before. Makes me think of Zaxxon and Xevious. After a few goes, it is definitely tough and unrelenting! Are there any short breaks between levels? *catches his breath*.

Checking the RetroUprising scoreboard - TIF holds top, with Fordy in 3rd. :)

http://www.retrouprising.com/arcade.php?act=Arcade&do=stats&gameid=5407

Best shmuping to you all!

Edited by Pessimeister

Pessimeister: 49, 550

0004.png.fc4ad3eedb05c936170c5b9ca27ca79e.png

The more I play it, the more I tend to agree with Barra. It is indeed supremely frustrating. :) The space for maneuvering is so narrow through enemy fire and combined with the slow jet speed, it makes for one tough game! Still, it has that "one more shot" factor going for it. The first time I went into one of those storms was a massive "WTF" moment which makes me curious to know what's up ahead...

I don't remember ever playing this before. May have a few more attempts tonight though I'm heading to Brisbane for the Masters tomorrow morning so I

really should have an early night.

I didn't know you play golf?

- - - Updated - - -

First air strike results ... and it's looking good ...

ynBQg7S.png

I didn't know you play golf?

I used to play something vaguely resembling golf called "Whack F..k."

I hit a ball, it goes 2 or 3 feet in any random direction, I say f..k, go to the ball and do the same thing over again several times :lol

Pessimeister: 75, 250

0005.png.3da4da5271ce85424217d2eecad9c9d5.png

I had a couple of pints at Bartronica earlier on; in the short term it didn't help much, but I persisted and blammoed out a hack of a score after god knows how many credits. :) Incredible score by TIF (and others who go 100k+) on this game.