Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVI - Game 2 ~ Mario Bros (closes 15-July)

Waterworks trouble …

MGLXXXVI – Game 2 ~ Mario Bros

DuT7pEF.png

Nominated by gamers: Duaber and Mameshane

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: mario (US)

Game Story:

Turtles, crabs, and flies come pouring out of the waterworks. Hit the floor beneath them to flip them over, then kick them into the water. Collect coins for bonus points. Watch the fireballs!

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 15 July 2018, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed. This is a single player game.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 … Collect the coins …

gzw1w8v.jpg

:)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This needs a little bit of care... the ROMset got renamed & renamed back!

0.106-0.119: mario - "Mario Bros. (US)"

0.119u1-0.132: marioo - "Mario Bros. (US, set 2)"

0.132u3-0.192: marioo - "Mario Bros. (US, Unknown Rev)"

0.193-0.199: mario - "Mario Bros. (US, Revision G)"

... or maybe more simply, 0.120 to 0.192 need to use "marioo", other versions must use "mario".

- - - Updated - - -

0000.png.bb05274ce47e9a75e576e79de0efc2bf.png

I don't know how to jump, man...

What happened to TG dips? I know people complained but they’ve made their own comp. Can those of us who want to play on TG settings.

The reason why this game is on easy setting is because of the confusion setting this game on medium. This also happened in MGLXXX and was played on easy setting. However if you wish to play this game on the harder setting of medium then your score will be accepted. Enjoy!

The reason why this game is on easy setting is because of the confusion setting this game on medium. This also happened in MGLXXX and was played on easy setting. However if you wish to play this game on the harder setting of medium then your score will be accepted. Enjoy!

Can anyone have a crack at this or should I have registered?

Yes you are very welcome to play in the MGL. Good luck and hit the POW when you need it.

:)

Awesome, never played it except 20years ago on Mario bros 3 mini game, I have an original pcb here and should hopefully be able to rig it up over the weekend and have a go at it :)

Awesome, never played it except 20years ago on Mario bros 3 mini game, I have an original pcb here and should hopefully be able to rig it up over the weekend and have a go at it :)

Oh wow you have an original pcb. This is an excellent game and on the original hardware it looks great. 20 years ago is a very very long time! Now it’s time to play!

Oh wow you have an original pcb. This is an excellent game and on the original hardware it looks great. 20 years ago is a very very long time! Now it’s time to play!

Yes indeed, I managed to get myself a dk conversion kit with everything, I plan to build one at some point, would really love a widebody though :)

This needs more clarification, some games offer more scoring opportunities on harder settings (more enemies). I do not know if this is one.

The DIP settings are MGL settings, usually that means they match TG but not always, we all need to be on the same settings.

Personally I don't mind what settings we play on, but surely we either all switch to medium or we all stay on easy!

282139770_SMK_mario_135230_wolf106.png.8d23cc6986d9a9dc6ea16fc8556c1255.png

A new PB for me! Thought I'd give this one a shot first, due to the fact I've never played, let alone seen Speed Rumbler before. Did make some careless mistakes so I know this one can be improved on.

This needs more clarification, some games offer more scoring opportunities on harder settings (more enemies). I do not know if this is one.

The DIP settings are MGL settings, usually that means they match TG but not always, we all need to be on the same settings.

Personally I don't mind what settings we play on, but surely we either all switch to medium or we all stay on easy!

This game doesn't suffer from more points, or many more points on harder settings AFAIK.

I've played enough of this game on the different settings to guarantee you that if you are a new player, or even a mediocre player like me, that you will score more points playing on easy than you will on medium or harder.

If we get some of the really good players playing, as we already seem to, it's not going to make much of a difference - they'll destroy this game on Easy, Medium or Hard.

- - - Updated - - -

0001.png.507367c711b79a77b66bc546cd6c42cc.png

Nearly got ya @bigredbird