This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agent smith View Post
    This looks pretty cool guys!! Hope you don't mind a newbie joining in and reliving some old classics!

Not sure how this is run so i'll sit back on the first one, play, but suss out the format.

Looking forward to mashing buttons with you all!
    Welcome to MGL mate!

Great bunch of people here to compete against and learn from.

Get practicing now cause you have a looooooong season ahead!

Be sure to tell your mates if they are into classic gaming to join as well [emoji846]

Gadzooks

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Comment

Hey guys..thanks for the warm welcome! Looking forward to mashing buttons with you!

Bring it ON!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BandontheRun View Post
      Welcome! Nice to have some fresh blood. Aussie Arcade
      Haha, fresh blood...lol...here for the picking!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by bigredbird View Post
      Welcome to the MGL.

Anyone is welcome to join in and play, the more the merrier!

Don't sit back, get stuck in! Everything you need to know is in the first post of this thread. If you have any questions - feel free to ask.

What games are you into?
      Cheers mate...I'll try my best not to sit back!

As for my games, I like Wonderboy, Galaga, Track n Field, Gyruss, Rygar just to name a few.

Comment

My Noms are in!
        I'm sure most of you know at least one of my Noms (since I have Nommed it every MGL ).
        I mostly picked some more obscure games.

Comment

Out with the old and in with the new.

Joystick replacement = MGL ready.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3409.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	339.8 KB
ID:	1833809
          My Twitch stream - twitch.tv/bigredbird1

Comment

How come all games from the last WCE arenít banned?

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Originally posted by Barra View Post
              How come all games from the last WCE aren’t banned?

Just the previous 10 x MGL games are not eligible. We’ll see if any from WCEI appear again in WCEII. With the very large number of games available and what gamers nominate, there is a strong chance they will be unique, but you never know, Crush Roller may be up again ...

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

Comment

Originally posted by OOO View Post
                but you never know, Crush Roller may be up again
                Mr Sawle is lucky I have the memory span of a goldfish - he is in line for a massive bitch slapping over his nomination of Crush Roller but I forget to give it to him when I see him. Rest assured, each time Crush Roller comes up, the beating will be multiplied by a factor of 2.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                  Mr Sawle is lucky I have the memory span of a goldfish - he is in line for a massive bitch slapping over his nomination of Crush Roller but I forget to give it to him when I see him. Rest assured, each time Crush Roller comes up, the beating will be multiplied by a factor of 2.
                  Remember it and like you used to threaten to do to me break his fingers. It's the only way I'll ever keep my drunken Wonderboy score on the Netherworld scoreboard. Unless it's already been beaten and if that's the case break em anyway

Comment

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
                    Remember it and like you used to threaten to do to me break his fingers. It's the only way I'll ever keep my drunken Wonderboy score on the Netherworld scoreboard. Unless it's already been beaten and if that's the case break em anyway
                    Netherworld apparently has a Wonder Boy board now - a real one. Shane is planning on setting some scores. There is another guy, can't remember his name, who is also keen to try for the TG record on it. Not sure what score he is up to. Shane did 1.6m the other day https://www.twitch.tv/videos/246090678 and had a better game going but stuffed it up

One of those stupid games on TG where you have to play on hard for MAME but on easy for PCB.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                      One of those stupid games on TG where you have to play on hard for MAME but on easy for PCB.
                      Wonder Boy on Easy, Wonder Man on Hard ...

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                        I've started practicing already, I'm sure my NOMs will get in because they are by far the best games compared to the rubbish you guys have no doubt nommed

Also AFAIK 5 of my 7 have never been played in the MGL, a couple are clones of classics but with enough difference to make them worthwhile and a couple are very different to the games we normally play but I guess most will enjoy them.

MGL 35 - now featuring ALL Rat's NOMs

Bring it on
                        I nominated rubbish just to annoy you [MENTION=2636]Rat[/MENTION]

Comment

OOO,

If this is the wrong place to post this let me know.

Here is the link to the pictures/video of my Arcade themed 50th Birthday party that I promised a month ago.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...65#post1169365

Comment

Originally posted by Flash IV View Post
                            OOO,

If this is the wrong place to post this let me know.

Here is the link to the pictures/video of my Arcade themed 50th Birthday party that I promised a month ago.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...65#post1169365
                            Right place .. all good ...

Thanks for posting the photos and the video. What a terrific place to have a great time and celebrate your birthday!

Gosh so many good games too ... Gunsmoke, DK, 1942, BurgerTime, a rare In The Hunt, Pole Position and even a Hoops too. Plus many more. I'll be over for the weekend ...

I had to post some of your excellent pics on this thread as well. Love the one of you with the badge, great shot. Belated

Everybody loves hitting the mystery prize ...

I used to play this game a lot in the 80s. Real fun game ... Ice Hockey yeah ... still remember the anthem at the start, after all these decades too!

https://youtu.be/8cPuYKKT5t8

Thanks for posting Bob ...

Comment

Gosh so many good games too ... Gunsmoke, DK, 1942, BurgerTime, a rare In The Hunt, Pole Position and even a Hoops too. Plus many more. I'll be over for the weekend ...

Comment

Right place .. all good ...

Thanks for posting the photos and the video. What a terrific place to have a great time and celebrate your birthday!

I had to post some of your excellent pics on this thread as well. Love the one of you with the badge, great shot. Belated

Everybody loves hitting the mystery prize ...

I used to play this game a lot in the 80s. Real fun game ... Ice Hockey yeah ... still remember the anthem at the start, after all these decades too!

https://youtu.be/8cPuYKKT5t8

Thanks for posting Bob ...
                                Wow everything is old and vintage except the badge/button/pin. Thatís pretty current! [emoji13]

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X