Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGLXXXIX - Game 6 ~ Q*bert (closes 26-May)

Collapse

MGLXXXIX ArcadeZone

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGLXXXIX - Game 6 ~ Q*bert (closes 26-May)

Nominated by gamer: John73

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: qbert. The default settings are 3 lives per game, difficulty normal, 1st extra life 8,000 and each additional 14,000.

Game Story:
    You must have Q*bert hop on all the squares of each pyramid and change them into the color that they are required to be. Everytime Q*bert is hit by something, he says "@!?@!". You must be careful and be sure that Q*bert does not fall off the pyramid.

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 26 May 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

Last played in MGL28 in mid 2016.

MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner - on now!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...tions-are-open

I know I'm supposed to embrace the challenge, improve my skills and learn to love the game but considering my feelings for Q*Bert are the same as John73's feelings for Burgertime it's going to be a long 2 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post

I know I'm supposed to embrace the challenge, improve my skills and learn to love the game but considering my feelings for Q*Bert are the same as John73's feelings for Burgertime it's going to be a long 2 weeks
      Poor old Q*bert. Now you have made him upset ... and he likes you too ...

Comment

12:20am - been home from work for nearly 1 hour - need to be up in 7 hours - do I play a game? oh how I love Q*Bert

For those that didn't see the "news" posts - Warren Davis, the programmer of Q*Bert is coming to Australia for the Gala-Gala event at Pincadia at the end of this month - we'll be getting Q*Bert marquees printed up for him to sign - PM me if you're interested - should have pricing in the next 24 hours (sorry to side track and put a sales spiel in the MGL).

Been soooo busy lately I haven't had time to practice Q*Bert - I'm considering if I want to go for a TG top 10 score on this, but it's in the vicinity of 20 hours and I think I'm too old to play a game that long - we'll see what happens...... Will put up a mediocre score shortly on MAME, but will more than likely try to play Q*Bert at Pincadia to get more practice sitting at a real machine prior to the event in 3 weeks time.

Comment

Nope... I'm not posting that score. The shame of it...
          sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BandontheRun View Post
              Always loved this game! So hard to find them with working “kickers”.
              The Atari 2600 had a pretty decent port for the time until Colecovision came out with so many of their great conversions.
              My old cat used to love watching me play Q*Bert on the Atari...she'd watch him bounce around the cubes and try and catch him

Comment

Quick attempt after an 11 hour night shift although I don't tend to play this much better when I'm wide awake. Took 5 attempts just to start jumping in the directions I actually wanted to.

Time for bed
                Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	1848217
                  sigpic

Comment

Name:	0029.png
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	1848218

Comment

Originally posted by terencew View Post
                      Nope... I'm not posting that score. The shame of it...
                      0?

Comment

Originally posted by OOO View Post
                        0?

May as well have been... kept jumping off the side. Until...

Last edited by terencew; 10 May 2019, 12:19 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

244,610 - WolfMAME 0.199

Name:	qbert 244610.png
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	1848227

Comment

15,715 - been really good games this mgl.

Name:	qber0007.png
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	1848229

Comment

Originally posted by OOO View Post
                              Poor old Q*bert. Now you have made him upset ... and he likes you too ...

Link

Sorry Q*Bert. It's nothing personal. Just dealing with the creatures who inhabit your pyramid that tends to ruin my occasional visits.

Hopefully this will go a little way towards redeeming myself. My previous PB was in MGL 20 and was the last game I played before flying to NZ. Anything above 55K is uncharted territory.

Off to the pub for a 5PM breakfast beer now. Might even have one for my little orange friend Q*Bert
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X