Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 34 - RULES - NOMINATIONS are CLOSED

OOO

Hi Gamers,

Welcome to MGLXXXIV, the 4th and FINAL CAG tournament in the Classic Arcade Gaming World Championship 2017. If you haven't gamed already that's OK, you are welcome to join in any time.

Please watch the Tube below for important details ...

Competition:

The gamer with the highest points in this tournament will be the MGLXXXIV champion. There will be 10 games played over 10 weeks, released one week at a time, competing world wide on the most challenging classic arcade video games. Games are only open for 17 days each, so gamers must play their best in that time and post their scores before the game is closed. At the end of each MGL, points will be accumulated for each gamer toward the CAG World Championship 2017 Scoreboard. The highest score after the four MGLs will be the undisputed CAG World Champion for 2017.

Prizes:

Every gamer that plays all of the games has the chance to win the mystery prize. So if there are 10 games and you play and submit for all 10, then if you are drawn from the pool of qualifiers, then you will win all of the prizes. Whether you finish in the top half or the lower half in the tournament, you have a chance to win. Prizes will be cash and/or CAG memorabilia. In MGLXXXIV, the mystery prize will be 5 x mystery prizes. Tongki Linderman from the Bronx in NYC won the last mystery prize.

Point system:

The incremental point system will be used for each game. 1st place will earn 100 points, 2nd place 99 points, 3rd place 98 points and so on. All gamers will earn competition points for their scores. If there is a tie on the overall scoreboard, then a head to head game win count will be used to determine the final placings. For example, if two players tie for 18th place in the world, then whoever has scored higher per game on a head to head basis will earn 18th place and the other gamer will earn 19th place.

Games:

Games are nominated by the competitors and sent by PM to the Gamemaster. Games must be selected from 1976 to 1990 and no trackball or steering wheel games are to be nominated. The number of games that can be nominated by each competitor in MGLXXXIV is in the You Tube video. The games to be played in the competition will be randomly drawn from the pool of nominations. Only unique games will be in the pool, as there will be no duplications from nominations. The order of game play will be determined by the Gamemaster and each game will be released weekly for competition.

If you would like to nominate games and have a say in what is played, please send them by private message (PM) to OOO by midnight Sydney time Thursday 9-Nov-17.

The number of games you can nominate are in the Tube. The first two games will commence on Friday 10-Nov-17.

The following games are excluded from MGLXXXIV and cannot be nominated: 10 Yard Fight, Anteater, Asteroids, Astro Invader, Bomb Jack, Bubble Bobble, Bubbles, Circus Charlie, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong 3, Frogger, Galaga 88, Hammerin Harry, Moon Patrol, Lock ‘N Chase, Nibbler, Pac-man, Pooyan, Radical Radial, Rainbow Islands, Rally-X, Shinobi, Space Invaders Part II, Tapper, The End, Turtles and Tutankham.

Settings:

The game settings will be posted in each game thread and gamers must ensure they compete on these settings only. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing allowed. No auto fire allowed. No cheats allowed.

The WolfMAME version 0.106 is highly recommended, however any later version can be used. Only the version 0.106 ROM set will be posted for each game and the equivalent for other MAME versions can be used.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

Submissions:

Gamers are to post a screenshot/photo showing their score with initials in the game thread. Games are only open for 17 days and any score submissions made after the game is closed by the Gamemaster will not be accepted. Scores at aussiearcade.com will be combined with scores from twingalaxies.com to form the world championship scoreboard.

Gamers:

Professional and casual gamers can play all or just some of the games. Gamers do not need to nominate games to play, they can play any game during the tournament. Streaming games and posting/sharing tips is encouraged, as is friendly banter in the gaming community. Striving for PBs, learning and playing the best you can are all highly encouraged. As all members at AA are registered, there is no additional registration process for the championships.

This is the FINAL QUARTER and the TOUGHEST of the 4 tournaments.

Good gaming and good luck to all competitors.

OOO

Edited by OOO

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That means nothing if one of your noms was Make Trax :P

I would've just nominated Crush Roller and yes I did consider it even though I suck at the game. No Make Trax, Paint Roller or Magic Brush. I wouldn't go there.... this time..... :lol

Strange that TG track the arcade games Make Trax and Bump n Jump even though they're clones. A US release thing I'm guessing

I would've just nominated Crush Roller and yes I did consider it even though I suck at the game. No Make Trax, Paint Roller or Magic Brush. I wouldn't go there.... this time..... :lol

Strange that TG track the arcade games Make Trax and Bump n Jump even though they're clones. A US release thing I'm guessing

EDIT: We don't need controversy from me :)

Yes, it will be whatever was released in the USA.

Edited by John73

Noms are in:

3 games max hates

3 games dalar hates

Game karma... you've said things like this in the past Barra only to have the complete opposite appear when games are announced. When sir will you learn that Game Karma shows no mercy? :D

Game karma... you've said things like this in the past Barra only to have the complete opposite appear when games are announced. When sir will you learn that Game Karma shows no mercy? :D

Hopefully it realises I’m telling the truth :D

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Aww man... hurry up already! Got games to play!!! Even if none of them are Crush Roller... :rolleyes

I encourage you by suggesting you get a head start on Dig Dug. I know you know the game... it's like Mr. Do! but with a whole lot of digging. :D

I nom, therefore I am.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean "AN" ass kisser :run:

lol, hi Rat, yeah mate, I do that an awful lot.

I just want to say, John and I had a misunderstanding, and we both expressed our regrets and all is good. Ready to have some fun. Tourney is upon us! :)

No worries dude I didn't even see any offensive posts and if people round here were not forgiving then I would have ousted long ago :)

I was being a c*%head as I do from time to time, didn't see any resulting posts and even if I did, I probably deserved it.

This is why Arcade needs very little moderation compared to Pinball - they're all nucking futs!, we don't hold grudges for the stupid sh1t we say for whatever stupid reason.

Game on MGL34!

Yep.......

Arcade is much more simple and reliable, even crts and original boards, than pinball IMO, I'm in the middle and love both but FFS Centaur pinball is testing my sanity (but I love it thus the conundrum), if I wasn't a perfectionist it would be fine but....AHHHGGGGG it's not perfect. Yeah the pinball threads are full of anguish and dissatisfaction, those that are enjoying their games post less.

I'm drunk now so if this makes no sense .....whatever