Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 33 - Game 3 ~ Bomb Jack (closes 10-Sep)

OOO

Tehkan summons …

MGL 33 – Game 3 ~ Bomb Jack

http://i.imgur.com/xlIGJ55.png

Nominated by gamers: Daniel Larsen, Denmark and Alex Bishop, Australia.

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: bombjack (set 1)

Game Story:

Collect all the bombs to complete a screen. Only one bomb at a time has a lit fuse. Collect 20 or more of these lit bombs on a level for a bonus 10k to 50k. Avoid the various monsters who chase you. Monsters are drawn in a very distinctive grey color and have a 3D look. There are various background pictures on each level e.g. the Sphinx, skyscrapers, a castle. Monsters move in different patterns. For example, the bird character always moves towards you slowly, but it can only move horizontallly or vertically. Grab the powerball when it appears to freeze the monsters for a short period of time during which you can kill them simply by touching them. Collect the "Bonus" symbols to increase the score for each lit bomb collected. Pick up an "Extra" symbol for an additional man and a "Special" symbol for an extra credit. Hit the Jump button to fly up the screen until the button is released. Tap the Fly button when falling to slow the character's descent.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials.

This game finishes Sunday 10 September 2017, 7pm Sydney time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 3 … Can you find the EXTRA MAN? …

http://i.imgur.com/JdymGG1.gif http://i.imgur.com/JdymGG1.gif http://i.imgur.com/JdymGG1.gif

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yet another game that I like but just can't seem to master. And while I can hear OOO saying something along the lines of "now is my time to master this game" it's going to take a fair effort. My few attempts tonight aren't worth submitting but that's alcohol related. :40s::40s::40s:

We'll see how things go tomorrow

FYI...

0.035b13-0.188: bombjack - "Bomb Jack (set 1)"

No ROMset renames, but...

- 0.118u2: Stephane Humbert improved dipswitches for Bomb Jack. Changed 'Initial High Score?' dipswitch to 'Bonus Life'.

... looks like no bonus lives were issued before that DIP was changed, so I guess if you're using 0.119 or later, leave the Bonus Life DIP at the default of "None".

Now where's my X-Arcade?! My fingers go to stupid with this game for some reason...

FYI...

0.035b13-0.188: bombjack - "Bomb Jack (set 1)"

No ROMset renames, but...

- 0.118u2: Stephane Humbert improved dipswitches for Bomb Jack. Changed 'Initial High Score?' dipswitch to 'Bonus Life'.

... looks like no bonus lives were issued before that DIP was changed, so I guess if you're using 0.119 or later, leave the Bonus Life DIP at the default of "None".

I dare say this is correct, I don't ever recall ever playing a Bomb Hack BITD where you could get bonus lives for a certain score.

Now where's my X-Arcade?! My fingers go to stupid with this game for some reason...

Last time this game came up, I bought an original PCB but it never arrived in time. The board has since that time gone MIA after I had it at an event :( Must chase that up and see if it's been found... Really would like to play this on the cab, the game is bloody hard on these settings let alone trying to use a keyboard.

- - - Updated - - -

0002.png.73d440c8d1f1b96f721a954bba430eca.png