Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - XI Game 12 (Final Game) : New Rally X

Game 12: New Rally X

Rom: nrallyx

Randomly selected from the MGL XI game list, game 47 on the list

Nominated by shabu

http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/118/118124214160.png

[/img]

Hi-score held by no one

Dip switch settings

Difficulty: 3 Cars, Medium

Bonus Life: A [20000 80000]

Service Mode: Off

Special Rules: None

Manufacturer: Namco

Year: 1981

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Labyrinth/Maze

Type: Videogame

Monitor:

Orientation: Horizontal

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

Conversion Class: Namco Galaxian

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player Ambidextrous

Controls:

Joystick: 4-way (up, down, left, right)

Buttons: 1 [smoke]

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

New Rally-X Description

Race a car around a maze-like track collecting flags while avoiding pursuing enemy cars. This sequel has slightly different graphics and a somewhat easier gameplay.

Game Introduction

A radar screen shows the location of your car, the enemy cars and the flags. The score for picking up flags increases starting at 100 points. Collecting the flashing special flag visible on the radar awards a 2x bonus for the remaining flags. Picking up the "lucky" flag gives an added fuel bonus.

Avoid randomly placed rocks and use smoke to stop enemy cars for short periods of time. However, using smoke costs fuel. Every third round, the enemy cars don't move unless your fuel runs out.

(http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7885)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL X thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 16th of August by 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong

Does anyone know how you run this on a vertical monitor, the klov site has two images of it running on a vertical monitor

http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/108/1089325714.jpg

and

http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/108/1089325648.jpg

Does it have a different rom or is there a setting in the game to change it:unsure

its on the 60in1 pcb.

0.78u1: Removed New Rally-X (vertical hack), because the graphic hack (rotated tiles + display) not worth supporting.

Thanks, I thought I had seen it running before.

The music for this game will really get stuck in your head. Another great little game.

Nominated though, by a non--player in this tourney, do their selections count? :unsure

Thats true, just checked and shabu hasn't played a game. I'm happy with the selection or should we do a redraw :unsure

Depends, Is Rat good at this game? if so then I vote to boot it :lol

don't mind either way, it is a bit of a classic. I know someone who would kick all our arses at this, not an mgl'er, wonder if I should tell him about it :)

Thats true, just checked and shabu hasn't played a game. I'm happy with the selection or should we do a redraw :unsure

He has not had a game, but in flapfight he posted:-

ffs... cab's not working. hoping it's just the power supply but the animals that paid a visit last month ripped through the innards. all cables reconnected but the board's not firing up.

Maybe the reason he is not in it.

Let him off with a good spanking.

He has not had a game, but in flapfight he posted:-

ffs... cab's not working. hoping it's just the power supply but the animals that paid a visit last month ripped through the innards. all cables reconnected but the board's not firing up.

Maybe the reason he is not in it.

Let him off with a good spanking.

He has been a regular player before and I seem to recall that post now, game stays in honor of shabu getting his cab working :)

Wardner! Wardner! Wardner! .... Would serve you right anyway for not playing on a cabinet ;)

Posting an early score just in case I get distracted and from the sounds of it I'll be down the order anyway.

nrx182280.png.5de095d0caac939384c73b66817b478b.png

Edited by Taverner
Score update

Used to play a fair bit of this in the arcades, just had a couple refresher games 92k then 107k, Round 9 I find very tricky if you don't look out for the dead-end traps in that level, sucked me in most times, lost most of the lives I carried there.

My cab had this game set to hard by default, playing on medium is much friendlier :)

Another classic, been a very old school MGL this time around.

Had a couple of games, got 101000 odd & took a snap shot on the "world record" screen where the score flashes on & off, unfortunately my timing so good that snap was taken right when the score had flashed off!!! :lol

A bit more time on it & on the improve, a PB by a mile, just spewing that it's not on the new cab..

Reckon I've peaked with this one, gets hard from level 10, harder again at level 12 & ridiculous at level 13...

Went Kamakazee & managed to get to level 16, pretty much navigated via the map with occasional looks at the actual car from level 13.

http://i38.tinypic.com/e6q1sp.png

Edited by Ramere

Haven't played it on the cab yet and just using the keyboard in true MAME style<_<

Best yet is around 60,000, really fun game though.

Looks like its out of Jammasized , Rat and Taverner for the trophies , but doesn't mean us guys can't throw a spanner score into the works.

Actually feeling generous and as its the last game there will be a Rally X trophy as well, should be able to pick up a cheap speedway type trophy and will make it perpetual , highscore of this game goes on the trophy with the AA name and until someone beats it it will be passed on.

So a separate name will be engraved with the date when it is beat, hiscore person holds the trophy until there score is beaten.

Actually feeling generous and as its the last game there will be a Rally X trophy as well, should be able to pick up a cheap speedway type trophy and will make it perpetual , highscore of this game goes on the trophy with the AA name and until someone beats it it will be passed on.

So a separate name will be engraved with the date when it is beat, hiscore person holds the trophy until there score is beaten.

I like it, extra incentive. I had a good hour-long session on it tonight, and managed to improve my score by a massive 2k arrrgh.

Nice score Foot !

It's a really really really cool game :) I like the fact you hardly ever press a button, makes the game more zen :033:

Good game, have only played this a couple of times on MAME, played the original Rally X in the arcades and on MAME a few times.

I would guess compared to people here my score will be average? It's going to be a close finish :)

I did play Radar Rat Race on my VIC20 a fair bit :) (of course)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dzzArqzK4o&feature=related

http://www.flyingomelette.com/reviews/vic20/radarratrace.html

Wife says "why do games have to have music?" :lol

She thinks it's "cute" that I have the calculator out and am muttering about "Foot in front of Jamma, if Jamma comes third I only need to come fifth, etc etc"

Jamma let us know when you post your final score before you go on Friday :)

She thinks it's "cute" that I have the calculator out and am muttering about "Foot in front of Jamma, if Jamma comes third I only need to come fifth, etc etc"

Jamma let us know when you post your final score before you go on Friday :)

Yeh, it's going to be an interesting finish! There's a lot of close scores already, so it's possible a few K could mean the diff between a fair few points at the end.

I have a long road trip all over for the next 10 days, so time will be short for gaming. I'm happy to see a 4-way game come up for the final round though, gives me a chance to have a crack on the laptop while I'm away.

To the pain! :lol