No announcement yet.

MGL - XI Game 12 (Final Game) : New Rally X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to play a fair bit of this in the arcades, just had a couple refresher games 92k then 107k, Round 9 I find very tricky if you don't look out for the dead-end traps in that level, sucked me in most times, lost most of the lives I carried there.

My cab had this game set to hard by default, playing on medium is much friendlier

Comment

Now I have to go for the World Record!

Comment

Another classic, been a very old school MGL this time around.

Had a couple of games, got 101000 odd & took a snap shot on the "world record" screen where the score flashes on & off, unfortunately my timing so good that snap was taken right when the score had flashed off!!!

A bit more time on it & on the improve, a PB by a mile, just spewing that it's not on the new cab..

Reckon I've peaked with this one, gets hard from level 10, harder again at level 12 & ridiculous at level 13...

Went Kamakazee & managed to get to level 16, pretty much navigated via the map with occasional looks at the actual car from level 13.

Last edited by Ramere; 16th August 2010, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Do do doo do do do do do doo do

Score: 131180

Click image for larger version

Name:	nral0001.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	1782448
          "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Originally posted by Foot View Post

[ATTACH]18025[/ATTACH]
            Isn't it Do do doo do do da, Do do doo do do da

Top score btw!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Foot View Post

[ATTACH]18025[/ATTACH]
              That sounds like Moon Patrol

Comment

Haven't played it on the cab yet and just using the keyboard in true MAME style

Best yet is around 60,000, really fun game though.

Looks like its out of Jammasized , Rat and Taverner for the trophies , but doesn't mean us guys can't throw a spanner score into the works.

Actually feeling generous and as its the last game there will be a Rally X trophy as well, should be able to pick up a cheap speedway type trophy and will make it perpetual , highscore of this game goes on the trophy with the AA name and until someone beats it it will be passed on.
                So a separate name will be engraved with the date when it is beat, hiscore person holds the trophy until there score is beaten.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post

Actually feeling generous and as its the last game there will be a Rally X trophy as well, should be able to pick up a cheap speedway type trophy and will make it perpetual , highscore of this game goes on the trophy with the AA name and until someone beats it it will be passed on.
                  So a separate name will be engraved with the date when it is beat, hiscore person holds the trophy until there score is beaten.
                  I like it, extra incentive. I had a good hour-long session on it tonight, and managed to improve my score by a massive 2k arrrgh.

Nice score Foot !

It's a really really really cool game I like the fact you hardly ever press a button, makes the game more zen

Comment

Good game, have only played this a couple of times on MAME, played the original Rally X in the arcades and on MAME a few times.

I would guess compared to people here my score will be average? It's going to be a close finish

I did play Radar Rat Race on my VIC20 a fair bit (of course)

http://www.flyingomelette.com/review...arratrace.html

Wife says "why do games have to have music?"

She thinks it's "cute" that I have the calculator out and am muttering about "Foot in front of Jamma, if Jamma comes third I only need to come fifth, etc etc"

Jamma let us know when you post your final score before you go on Friday
                    Last edited by Rat; 12th August 2010, 08:24 AM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
                    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                      She thinks it's "cute" that I have the calculator out and am muttering about "Foot in front of Jamma, if Jamma comes third I only need to come fifth, etc etc"

Jamma let us know when you post your final score before you go on Friday
                      Yeh, it's going to be an interesting finish! There's a lot of close scores already, so it's possible a few K could mean the diff between a fair few points at the end.

I have a long road trip all over for the next 10 days, so time will be short for gaming. I'm happy to see a 4-way game come up for the final round though, gives me a chance to have a crack on the laptop while I'm away.

To the pain!

Comment

I thought my teeth were gonna keep me out of this last one but so far they're holding up ok, so now it's only my lack of coordination and patience causing me problems .

Comment

Score updated
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Rat; 14th August 2010, 02:02 PM. Reason: score update
                          Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                            I did play Radar Rat Race on my VIC20 a fair bit (of course)
                            Radar Rat Race was my second fav game on the vic-20, after Cosmic Cruncher (pacman clone), Lunar Lander close third.

Comment

*raises fist and curses Rat*

I still cant make Rd 10 damn it's a fun game though

Comment

Just adding in a score in case I don't get around to it over the weekend. Have only played a little but it does seem like a really fun game. Might be able to sneak in a few late night shots before COB.
                                I think one of the trickiest parts that I've come across so far is timing the hi score screen to capture!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by cartman.tmw; 16th August 2010, 06:01 PM. Reason: Score update

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X