MGL - XI Game 11 : Galaxian (namco)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DKong View Post
    3 games today, 24000 , 26000 then 41890 Cracked the 10 Flag for the first time in a while ( a highlight in this game )

I hope this improvement keeps up
    Wowzers, Great score Dkong! That will give Rat something to chase

I'm happy enough to have got a PB and made set 5 for the first time...

Need to make the most of those 800 point combos.

Edit: Score update
    Last edited by Jed; 7th August 2010, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
      Glad to oblige
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Rat; 5th August 2010, 07:18 PM. Reason: score update
      Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

I'm happy enough to have got a PB and made set 5 for the first time...

Need to make the most of those 800 point combos.
        Cheers getting into the flow of it, 42,640 stage 13, missed quite a few 800's

Looks like another game is due
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
          Glad to oblige
          Huge, Looks like we have a clash of the galaxi-titans shaping up here

Comment

Huge, Looks like we have a clash of the galaxi-titans shaping up here
            I think your right.....its on like Galaxian-Kong

Comment

I don't usually give away too many tips, but this is a special game...............

Don't try to out run the bullets that drop in columns, there will always be an easy path trough, look up and move back towards the gap. Use this tactic to stop them forcing you to the edge.

The fast swooping enemies sometimes reappear after leaving the screen, you will learn to predict and plan for this.

Normally a slow shooter, if the enemies are close you can shoot 3 or 4 very quickly.

/waxonwaxoff

Rat is slightly inebriated right now and not playing, but feeling quietly confident.

Bring it on DKong I want a score to chase.............I'm not working for the next couple of days. Will make a pact, if i beat your score I will post it straight away and not sit on it. I hope you will do the same. So we know the goal and have reason to play.

Good luck
              Last edited by Rat; 4th August 2010, 10:21 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
              Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

I don't usually give away too many tips, but this is a special game...............

Don't try to out run the bullets that drop in columns, there will always be an easy path trough, look up and move back towards the gap. Use this tactic to stop them forcing you to the edge.

The fast swooping enemies sometimes reappear after leaving the screen, you will learn to predict and plan for this.

Normally a slow shooter, if the enemies are close you can shoot 3 or 4 very quickly.

/waxonwaxoff

Rat is slightly inebriated right now and not playing, but feeling quietly confident.

Bring it on DKong I want a score to chase.............I'm not working for the next couple of days. Will make a pact, if i beat your score I will post it straight away and not sit on it. I hope you will do the same. So we know the goal and have reason to play.

Good luck
                Agree with all those tips, the game looks simple but there are so many tricky little manoeuvres that you need to really survive this game especially weaving through bullets and not going to the sides. ( Who ever told me to go to sides when I was young was wrong )
                Of course I try to hit them flying as much as possible (double points) and the purple enemies shit me to tears, they kill me the most
                I have a few days of free time as well so will be gunning for your score today I do recall you telling me recently that you have been getting some big scores , so I'm thinking your holding onto to one right now

What better why than to spend a wet miserable day in Launnie , two guys on opposite sides of town frantically playing Galaxian
                sigpic

Comment

Lads with days off chasing high scores, Billy versus Steve kinda thing shaping up, course no-one will want to be Evil Billy. Best I can hope for in this round is to be the annoying guy that pops his head in saying "Donkey Kong kill screen coming up guys"

Anyone seen the 'other' Arcade film Chasing Ghosts ? It's terrifying

Comment

Lads with days off chasing high scores, Billy versus Steve kinda thing shaping up, course no-one will want to be Evil Billy. Best I can hope for in this round is to be the annoying guy that pops his head in saying "Donkey Kong kill screen coming up guys"

Anyone seen the 'other' Arcade film Chasing Ghosts ? It's terrifying
                    Chasing ghosts is tragic

Cracked the 50,000 ( 53,410) barrier , did something stupid at the start of stage 16, the euphoria of passing 50,000 , all I kept thinking " was man its taken you 16 stages to get this far don't blow it" so I did

100,000 next I suppose
                    sigpic

Comment

/waxonwaxoff

Good luck
                      DKong: Hey - you ever get into galaxian when you were a kid?
                      Rat: Huh - plenty.
                      DKong: Yeah, but it wasn't like the problem I have, right?
                      Rat: Why? Fighting fighting. Same same.
                      DKong: Yeah, but you knew galaxian.
                      Rat: Someone always know more.
                      DKong: You mean there were times when you were scared to play galaxian?
                      Rat: Always scare. Rat hate fighting.
                      DKong: Yeah, but you like galaxian.
                      Rat: So?
                      DKong: So, galaxian's fighting. You train to play galaxian.
                      Rat: That what you think?
                      DKong: [pondering] No.
                      Rat: Then why train?
                      DKong: [thinks] So I won't have to play galaxian.
                      Rat: [laughs] Rat have hope for you.

Score is set, now I can practice in leisure with no pressure, bring it on Rat

Originally posted by WOKA View Post
                      I should have inserted more smilies..!
                      Infiltrating the MGL with SPAM, WTF are you doing posting in the MGL anyway you never had an interest before in this section
                      Post a galaxian score WOKA I dare you :
                      Its a simple arcade game left/right and shoot, should suit a pinball player
                      Last edited by DKong; 5th August 2010, 05:42 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
                      sigpic

Comment

LOL......after a long day of not playing I'm ready, glad you have given me a goal

"Quickly as you can, snatch the Joystick from my hand." The young DKong tries and fails. "When you can take the Joystick from my hand, it will be time for you to leave. -Master Rat

Comment

LOL......after a long day of not playing I'm ready, glad you have given me a goal

"Quickly as you can, snatch the Joystick from my hand." The young DKong tries and fails. "When you can take the Joystick from my hand, it will be time for you to leave. -Master Rat

think maybe I might of drunk a bit to much to get a better score tonight but who knows, did plenty of wax on wax off today washing the bathroom walls and ceiling. Or could be just high on the fumes of bleach and Exit mould

Love this game :Love.thumb:

Was thinking about adding a mini challenge to this game, the highest score on stage one gets a 5 point bonus, what does everyone else think
                          Last edited by DKong; 5th August 2010, 06:38 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
                          sigpic

Comment

There you go DKong, my new score will give you something to do tomorrow while I go for a ride on my bike in the sun

Having a quick 5 point bonus game now.

First round score 4640

But really, nahhh I don't think the 5 point bonus is a good idea
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Rat; 5th August 2010, 07:31 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.

Comment

Galaxian is a beast, but for me the pinnacle of the 70's in video gaming was Space Wars. Still my most enjoyable 2-player video game ever, regardless of format. Needs fairly complex setting up to play in Mame properly/faithfully though, due to how customisable the coin-op's gameplay was. If you have a mate to play against, and you spend enough time to learn the nuances of the game, then nothing else will ever come close
                              Just had a game of Space War, have played it a little in the day. Yeah your right, I will have to fiddle with the settings to play it properly one day, put it in my fav's folder for another day.

Have you played Space Duel? It's a great two player, I like how you can choose to be connected. I played that a fair bit in the arcades, usually on my own, hard to find another player who is any good at it. My son is 7yrs now, he is better with the mouse than a joystick, but I'm working on him. One day we might play Space Wars and Space Dual together

Comment

There you go DKong, my new score will give you something to do tomorrow while I go for a ride on my bike in the sun

Having a quick 5 point bonus game now.

First round score 4640

But really, nahhh I don't think the 5 point bonus is a good idea
                                I will be doing something exact opposite of galaxian myself tomorow, then come back for the 100,00 marathon game, yeah the bonus mini game is bad I only have 4490 so far
                                so that idea is canned
                                sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X