Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - XI game 10 : Pandora's Palace

Please Note

I have put the next game up early as I may not have internet access after 7pm tonight. I will let the other game (Traverse USA) run until tomorrow midday.

Game 10: Pandora's Palace

Rom: pandoras

Randomly selected from the MGL XI game list, game 51 on the list

Nominated by Wingtipvortex

http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/118/118124214394.jpg

http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/118/118124214399.png

Hi-score held by no one

Dip switch settings

Lives: 3

Cabinet: Upright

Bonus Life: 20k and every 60k

Difficulty: Normal

Freeze: Off

Unknown: Off [All]

Special Rules: None

Manufacturer: Konami

Year: 1984

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Platform

Type: Videogame

Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

Conversion Class: Konami Classic

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Pandora's Palace Description

A Roman character, dressed in a white robe with a olive leaf head ornament, proceeds from the top left of the screen to the bottom right by climbing down poles and riding moving platforms. Bad guys may push the player character into fires or over the edge if they are not avoided.

Game Introduction

No information

(http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?letter=&game_id=10185)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL X thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 2nd of August by 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong

Edited by DKong

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another Wingtipvortex quirky platformer special a'la Rock 'N Rope :) I really enjoy these type of platformers, should be fun learning a new one this week.

Great little game, but i have to hand it to Dk for introducing me to this one. Sitting in his shed, selected a random game and up comes this one.

Just a quick bash on the laptop to check it out, I like this :cool: The challenging stage threw me for a bit of a 6 though. One game I found a 'secret' frog worth 5k on stage 2, though I have no idea how he gets triggered :unsure

Edit: Score update

Edited by Jed

Just a quick bash on the laptop to check it out, I like this :cool: The challenging stage threw me for a bit of a 6 though. One game I found a 'secret' frog worth 5k on stage 2, though I have no idea how he gets triggered :unsure

Found the same secret but have haven't the frogiest :lol on how it happened

Nice fun little game this....finally should have some free time over the next couple of weeks to plug myself back into the MGL.

By 'quirky' do you mean 'infuriating to the point of screaming in rage whilst bashing head against control panel'? :D

I can get a tad more, but not tonight evidently......I really believe some of you "hard gamers" will surpass this in the next few days. There is a 10K hidden bonus as well as the 5K frog......i can tell you how to get if you want, but its fun working it out.

Trying to push past my brick wall, getting there:)

pand0002.png.461083371efaf88b313f1d64f13ff5cf.png

Edited by wingtipvortex

Early days, unlike Jim Morrison I reckon I can get much higher ;)

http://i32.tinypic.com/vrcagy.png

Was to crash & bash with not enough finesse, got through plenty of levels but far from maximised my points per level.

Edited by Ramere

Early days, unlike Jim Morrison I reckon I can get much higher ;)

:lol

Just having a few games now, getting stuck on stage 5, but think I am about to break on through :laugh:

Finally nailed stage 5 for the first time ever , woo hoo.

pand0004.png.503da321a1b28f13236d5a7dca3d7b77.png

Edited by DKong
Auto Merged Double Post.

Great little game, but i have to hand it to Dk for introducing me to this one. Sitting in his shed, selected a random game and up comes this one.

Thats right after a big night on it, I left you with the game came back down a few hours later in the afternoon and you were still playing it , you had the tunes going and telling me what a great game it is.

funny if it was not for that random selection now and on the day and my hangover and buzzed feeling for the game, and you sticking with it all that day/afternoon we would not all be playing it right now:lol

I can get a tad more, but not tonight evidently......I really believe some of you "hard gamers" will surpass this in the next few days. There is a 10K hidden bonus as well as the 5K frog......i can tell you how to get if you want, but its fun working it out.

I'm missing something... I've got up to stage 10 but my score is nowhere near that, is there leeching or anythying involved ? Wouldn't have thought as the grapes are limited :unsure Unlike the grapes in my glass this eve, gladly there's at least another litre left in the old chateua cardboard before I :sleep

I'm missing something... I've got up to stage 10 but my score is nowhere near that, is there leeching or anythying involved ? Wouldn't have thought as the grapes are limited :unsure Unlike the grapes in my glass this eve, gladly there's at least another litre left in the old chateua cardboard before I :sleep

Put it this way, i have scored 21,790 on level 1......its a point presser if you want it to be:) The grapes are not limited.

Put it this way, i have scored 21,790 on level 1......its a point presser if you want it to be:) The grapes are not limited.

Ok thanks for the tip. I haven't noticed the grapes re-appearing, I'll go back and have another look.

The game is pretty addictive, I agree.

Ok thanks for the tip. I haven't noticed the grapes re-appearing, I'll go back and have another look.

The game is pretty addictive, I agree.

Let the game sit idle for a few mins without starting a game, and watch. It will answer some questions, including the grapes:)

Let the game sit idle for a few mins without starting a game, and watch.

I do this all the time, just dive in and start playing and several days later watch the demos and learn all these tricks I could of been using.

Let the game sit idle for a few mins without starting a game, and watch. It will answer some questions, including the grapes:)

Good advice. I watched the attract mode and saw the birdie appear and bring the grapes back. Cool! But could I triger that myself even when I copied - Nup! :realmad:

I have got into the swing of point pressing a bit, ie climbing the poles and trying for multiple kills and that green guy's 5k a time helps, though I still don't get the frog or the other bonus.

Stage 8/147k

My kind of game.

Have you ever played it before:unsure, I hadn't until a few months ago. Seems to have all the elements of the good vertical platform era.

I never see it mentioned anywhere and pointed it out to wtv one day now he's an addict :D

Have you ever played it before:unsure, I hadn't until a few months ago. Seems to have all the elements of the good vertical platform era.

I never see it mentioned anywhere and pointed it out to wtv one day now he's an addict :D

Nah, never heard of it until MGL, which is the case with most MGL games for me.