No announcement yet.

MGL - XI Game 9 : Traverse USA

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice and also quite a unique looking cab Ramere... You'll enjoy the comps all the more now, nothing beats playing the comp games on a cab I reckon!

Just got a PB for this game and finally a 1st place finish in the first bikes level, not quite up to Monojokers current high but getting closer... game on

Comment

Best so far, got through to the 1200cc round.

EDIT: Ran out of fuel on the final section of the 1200cc....again.
      Last edited by SectionZ; 26 July 2010, 12:59 PM. Reason: update score

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
        Well done on the cab. So it already has MAME setup? You might want to start a new thread when you get it, in the MAME cab section.
        Before long you will be tweaking/modifying it yourself.
        Yep, picked it up on e-Bay, the seller has a long history of selling mame machines & has 100% positive feedback from 340+ poeple. Was gonna get a Jama cab but can't get anything under $1100 (+ minimum $400 postage) & none of them have Mat Mania on their game lists which is a must for me.

Here's the description.

NAMCO EXCELEENA CABINET
        POWERED BY A PENTIUM 4 - 2.0 COMPUTER
        512 MEG RAM, 40 GIG HARD DRIVE,
        NVIDIA GE FORCE VIDEO CARD.
        21" FLAT SCREEN CRT MONITOR.
        QUALITY STEREO SUB WOOFER AND SPEAKERS.
        RUNNING A IPAC 2 KEYBOARD ENCODER, ALSO COMES WITH INSTRUCTIONS FOR KEY & BUTTON CODES ETC.
        PRESENTLY RUNNING THE MAME PROGRAM.
        ALL CONTROLLED BY THE CONTROL PANEL.
        ARCADE MACHINE IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION,
        NOTHING TO SPEND, ALL SET UP AND READY TO GO.
        HAS DOOR LOCKS AND KEYS FOR ALL THE DOORS.
        COMES WITH EXTERNAL POWER SWITCH AND CREDIT BUTTON FOR FREE PLAY, ON THE CONTROL PANEL OF THE CABINET.
        THE MACHINE IS MENU DRIVEN WHICH MAKES IT VERY EASY TO OPERATE AND USE.
        CAN ALSO BE USED AS A JUKEBOX.

To be honest I don't have much of a clue about the above but I'll soon learn, as long as I can plug it in & play I am happy for now. Would like to get it up to a 25"+ screen but that's a fair way down the track.

Comment

Can't quite make it to the 1200cc round..........might find time for a quick game this arvo, but then that will be it for me.
          Attached Files
          Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Have to admit I wasn't all that keen when I first loaded this up, but i'm getting into it now. Still not managed a win, second once, favourite part is the gravel roads.
            Upto 150k now, really should of got past the 1200cc last game, but came unstuck on the winding road section.
            Hoping to challenge for the win on this now, good Nom for the mgl mono, game on

Comment

Originally posted by SectionZ View Post
              Have to admit I wasn't all that keen when I first loaded this up, but i'm getting into it now. Still not managed a win, second once, favourite part is the gravel roads.
              It's a creeper this game, once you get into the swing of things.

Just checked Twin Galaxies and the high for the arcade version is a mere 3,602,775 Guess this means this is one of those looping games where you go back to square one after a certain amount of levels ?

Cool control panel for this game on the original cab:

Last edited by Jed; 23 July 2010, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Might be late doing the scores and the next game, going to be down in slowbart for a couple of days and not sure if they have internet access down there

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                It's a creeper this game, once you get into the swing of things.

Just checked Twin Galaxies and the high for the arcade version is a mere 3,602,775 Guess this means this is one of those looping games where you go back to square one after a certain amount of levels ?

Cool control panel for this game on the original cab:

Williams artwork always does it for me
                Last edited by DKong; 25 July 2010, 12:20 AM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                  Might be late doing the scores and the next game, going to be down in slowbart for a couple of days and not sure if they have internet access down there

Williams artwork always does it for me
                  No Internet down here, i just post through the power of my mind

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                    No Internet down here, i just post through the power of my mind
                    Well I'm receiving you from the other side of the country, so you're doing pretty well.

Comment

I detest games that require me to slow down! But once I realised that it was absolutely necessary I managed to make it to NY
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by cartman.tmw; 26 July 2010, 02:07 PM. Reason: Fixing late night typo

Comment

To Infinity and Beyond

After a week of yelling and frustration from my freezing cold garage, I finally made it through the 1200cc level to find - the 1200cc level is repeated.

Guess this means this game is a Moon Patrol type thing ? IE It gives you the final level over and over over

Am done now well and truly with this game. I think during the week I may have spoiled my fond memory of it, trying to beat the 1200cc level. When I did, it was more sheer relief, than any jubilation Bring on next game.

Comment

Score: 135400

Click image for larger version

Name:	trav0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	1782370

Not my best, my best is is 166 using my Zippy Race PCB (few years ago now!
                          "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Note,
                            I may not have internet access after 7pm tonight. I will let this game run until tomorrow midday (27th/7th) as I won't be able to do scores until then.
                            Thanks everyone .
                            sigpic

Comment

Bit of extra time Ran out of fuel just inches away from New York
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                                After a week of yelling and frustration from my freezing cold garage, I finally made it through the 1200cc level to find - the 1200cc level is repeated.

Guess this means this game is a Moon Patrol type thing ? IE It gives you the final level over and over over

Am done now well and truly with this game. I think during the week I may have spoiled my fond memory of it, trying to beat the 1200cc level. When I did, it was more sheer relief, than any jubilation Bring on next game.
                                Awesome score Jammasized, you've done me in A well earned win and you've answered the question about what comes after 1200cc...

Cheers
                                LT.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X