Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - XI Game 9 : Traverse USA

Game 9: Traverse USA

Rom: travrusa

Randomly selected from the MGL XI game list, game 65 on the list

Nominated by MonoJoker

http://www.klov.net/images/108/1083836987.jpg

http://www.klov.net/images/118/1181242183338.png

Hi-score held by no one

Dip switch settings

Rules: Dip Switch #1:

1-8 = OFF

Dip Switch #2:

1 = OFF

2 = ON/OFF [upright/Cocktail]

3 = OFF

4 = OFF/UNUSED

5 = OFF

6 = OFF/UNUSED

7-8 = OFF

Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;

Fuel Loss When Fail/Crash: 8

Fuel Consumption: Low

Manufacturer: Irem

Year: 1983

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Racing

Type: Videogame

Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

Conversion Class: Irem

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player

Controls:

Joystick: 2-way (left, right)

Buttons: 2 [Low|High]

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Traverse USA Description

Drive a motorcycle across America. The waypoints are major cities.

Game Introduction

This is the same game as Zippy Race.

This is also the same game as MotoRace USA, which was licensed to Williams for US manufacture and distribution.

(http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?letter=&game_id=10185)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL X thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 26th of July by 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong

Dip Switches

I can't figure out how to change the dip switches to look like those settings. Mine only shows Fuel Reduced ... etc but not the numbers. Is this right or should I be looking elsewhere. (BTW this is the mame menu using tab -> Dip Switches)

I can't figure out how to change the dip switches to look like those settings. Mine only shows Fuel Reduced ... etc but not the numbers. Is this right or should I be looking elsewhere. (BTW this is the mame menu using tab -> Dip Switches)

It should be the default mame settings anyway, so unless you have ever changed them you are ready to kick start

Dip switch from MAME settings (that matter)

Fuel reduced on collision <low>

Fuel consuption <low>

Speed type M/H

First go after missing out completely on last week's game :redface At this rate I'll get punted from the comp due to lack of scores posted :(

Ah well at least I'll have had fun on the few I've managed to post a score for. I really enjoy this game but I was gutted as I'd made it all the way to the last straight road bit into NYC on 750cc when I got hit by one of those oncoming bastards and ran out of fuel. Was too annoyed at missing out on a crack at 1000cc to play again tonight :cry

Hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do - my first nom to make it to an MGL :p

Update, got that 1200cc stage and a better score. Still hate running out on the dirt stage - riding along on the brake looking for an elusive can to keep me going :rolleyes

Edit - Still can't get past the 2nd last stage of 1200cc but better results and a focus on picking up a few points on the jumps/tight sections on the dirt as I inevitably failed on it got me up to this score.

Cheers

LT.

trav0001.png.b62b20c2dbe77914f9d11ca5f5529565.png

trav0002.png.d6f2918e150eb68072ab8f23d577d235.png

Edited by MonoJoker
Higher score

First go after missing out completely on last week's game :redface At this rate I'll get punted from the comp due to lack of scores posted :(

Ah well at least I'll have had fun on the few I've managed to post a score for. I really enjoy this game but I was gutted as I'd made it all the way to the last straight road bit into NYC on 750cc when I got hit by one of those oncoming bastards and ran out of fuel. Was too annoyed at missing out on a crack at 1000cc to play again tonight :cry

I don't mind this game, but was there another very similar that was a bit newer and had more jumps :unsure

Monojoker that's a dang good opening score and will take some beating :cool:

I've made the 1200cc's before but it's really hard to last much longer when you do make it there, cause they go so fast and that makes it hard to avoid crashing/losing fuel.

It's a pretty nerve wracking game at times, quick reflexes / decision making/anticipation all needed and make up what I reckon is a top little game, good nom :023:

Had to have a quick bash, got to the 1200cc bikes but only just, limped over the line with the fuel alarm sounding. Got within 1K of my PB though :)

Would like to know what best overall position players can finish in? I've never managed to come 1st to New York, best ever managed is 3rd. Big bonus points for coming 1st overall, 20k I think.

Edit: Score update #1

Edit: Score update #2

Edit: Score update #3, I'm done now..

Edited by Jed

I can manage 1st most times on the first set of 5 stages. After that, forget it, too much time braking to avoid accidents, especially on the dirt stages when reflexes really do come into it like you say :)

EDIT: don't want to brag but on my latest high score I was in 1st position halfway through the last bitumen stage - it's awesome because once in 1st place there are no more cars in front - you can take your time and grab all the fuel, etc. Those kamikazee bastards at the end are still there though LOL.

Cheers

LT.

Edited by MonoJoker

Music very annoying but a fun game, starting to get the hang of it but doubt I'll challenge for the win....

http://i30.tinypic.com/2w21yy1.png

On a brighter note I'd like to give my thanks to the tax man & unveil my first MAME cab, pick it up next week so feel like a kid the week before chrissy at the moment.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2u6n155.jpg

Edited by Ramere

On a brighter note I'd like to give my thanks to the tax man & unveil my first MAME cab, pick it up next week so feel like a kid the week before chrissy at the moment.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2u6n155.jpg

Shit, nice one! 8 button 2p FTW :)

I actually don't notice the music except between stages - but the wife and currently visiting mother in law sure do - just makes it more fun to play :lol

Cheers

LT.

I played this one in the arcades a bit, was a good value game, got a fair time of game play for your money, which was important to me at the time :)

But I find it boring after a couple of plays, will have a go, I doubt I will be in the top 3 on this one, so might not be top of the leader board for long.

Nice cab Ramere :) pinball next?

Well done on the cab.:) So it already has MAME setup? You might want to start a new thread when you get it, in the MAME cab section.

Before long you will be tweaking/modifying it yourself.

Nice and also quite a unique looking cab Ramere... You'll enjoy the comps all the more now, nothing beats playing the comp games on a cab I reckon!

Just got a PB for this game and finally a 1st place finish in the first bikes level, not quite up to Monojokers current high but getting closer... game on :)

Well done on the cab.:) So it already has MAME setup? You might want to start a new thread when you get it, in the MAME cab section.

Before long you will be tweaking/modifying it yourself.

Yep, picked it up on e-Bay, the seller has a long history of selling mame machines & has 100% positive feedback from 340+ poeple. Was gonna get a Jama cab but can't get anything under $1100 (+ minimum $400 postage) & none of them have Mat Mania on their game lists which is a must for me.

Here's the description.

NAMCO EXCELEENA CABINET