Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - XI Game 5 : Time Pilot 84 (Set 1)

Game 5: Time Pilot 84

Rom: TP84

Randomly selected from the MGL XI game list, game 64 on the list

Nominated by Rat

http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/11/118124218395.jpg

http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/11/118124218398.png

Hi-score held by

Dip switch settings

Lives 3

Bonus life 40k and every 80 k

Difficulty Hard

Special Rules None

Manufacturer: Konami

Year: 1984

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Shooter

Type: Videogame

Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

Conversion Class: Konami Classic

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player

Controls:

Joystick: 8-way

Buttons: 2 [Fire|Missile]

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

http://www.dragonshadow.com/timepilot84/tp84instructions.jpg

(http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10120)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL X thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 28th of June BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong

Set 1 or Set 2, thought best to ask. Never played this one, but i really like time pilot:)

Yeah as in the title Set 1 or tp84( the rom listed ) remember to change your dips, I think the only one from default is the extra men 40k and 80k.

(as per Twin Galaxies rules)

I have only a few games before just played a couple then, seems to be a good game follows a fair bit of the TimePilot theme, a lot more different(harder) types of enemies to contend with though.

Made it to stage 5 first game, will get into this one a bit :)

Yeah as in the title Set 1 or tp84( the rom listed ) remember to change your dips, I think the only one from default is the extra men 40k and 80k.

(as per Twin Galaxies rules)

I have only a few games before just played a couple then, seems to be a good game follows a fair bit of the TimePilot theme, a lot more different(harder) types of enemies to contend with though.

Made it to stage 5 first game, will get into this one a bit :)

:redface didn't read the description, did i.... WINGTIP IDIOT:lol

:redface didn't read the description, did i.... WINGTIP IDIOT:lol

:punish::lol

Have you had a game yet? Not one for the keyboard IMO, I really need to setup a desktop joystick for these cold nights.

:punish::lol

Have you had a game yet? Not one for the keyboard IMO, I really need to setup a desktop joystick for these cold nights.

Yeah, i had a couple and its definatly hard on ye ol keyboard. Bit like playing Gyruss on keys. Whip me up one of those tank controllers one day when you have time mate, there's been a ton of 8 way games this torney.

Playing with the keyboard is HELL!!!!

Have to go outside in the cold to play this one.

600 points for the first man is good, right?

I have been looking everywhere for my gamepad and can't find the damn thing:realmad: so had to head to the garage for a few games.

Seriously thinking about moving one of the cabs upstairs for winter:115:

Yeah, i had a couple and its definatly hard on ye ol keyboard. Bit like playing Gyruss on keys. Whip me up one of those tank controllers one day when you have time mate, there's been a ton of 8 way games this torney.

Unfortunately I only have one Tank shell :( plus I am lazy :laugh:

I was thinking about buying one of these

http://www.ozstick.com.au/img/fighter_cases.jpg

from Ozstick

$85.00 doesn't seem to bad, think I have seen similar from somewhere else for cheaper though :unsure

I have been looking everywhere for my gamepad and can't find the damn thing:realmad: so had to head to the garage for a few games.

Seriously thinking about moving one of the cabs upstairs for winter:115:

Unfortunately I only have one Tank shell :( plus I am lazy :laugh:

http://www.ozstick.com.au/img/fighter_cases.jpg

from Ozstick

$85.00 doesn't seem to bad, think I have seen similar from somewhere else for cheaper though :unsure

Did you sneak into my house to take that pic DK??? That is exactly how I have my two sticks set up, same colour & make. Picked the black one up for $60 on e-bay & got the white one from Ozstick for $110 + P&H with a Sanwa Joy (normally $85 with standard joy).

Don't mind TP84, will put a few hours into it me thinks.

Given I forgot to post a score for the wondefull last game ( :realmad: ) I'll get in early this week. Plenty of improvement left but liking it so far.

http://i49.tinypic.com/20v1bwj.png

Wow, got in the zone tonight. Managed to get to a stage where I was getting 110K+ on the 1st 2 levels every time & then from 4th level onwards just stuck to the lunar scape part too avoid to many badies.

Good game but prefer the original due to nostalgic ties...

Edited by Ramere

( plus I am lazy :laugh:

Your not lazy man, iv'e seen your pins! But yes, that stick set up looks good for the games. Can you select 4/8 way, or is that asking too much:laugh: Ramere, you may be able to answer this question for me:)

Your not lazy man, iv'e seen your pins! But yes, that stick set up looks good for the games. Can you select 4/8 way, or is that asking too much:laugh: Ramere, you may be able to answer this question for me:)

Not that I'm aware of mate, there is a disk that came with that may include instructions on how to do something like that but I haven't bothered looking at it, just plugged & played.... Might e-mail Ozstick & ask him...

Not that I'm aware of mate, there is a disk that came with that may include instructions on how to do something like that but I haven't bothered looking at it, just plugged & played.... Might e-mail Ozstick & ask him...

Cheers Ace, it might be a hardware solution, maybe the DavidAVD switch might work:unsure

guys talking of joysticks would 3 buttons be enough??

4-8 way selector inbuilt to the joystick

im considering rigging up a mini encoder ive got and having a go at this

all the games seem to take no more than 2-3 buttons anyways

guys talking of joysticks would 3 buttons be enough??

4-8 way selector inbuilt to the joystick

im considering rigging up a mini encoder ive got and having a go at this

all the games seem to take no more than 2-3 buttons anyways

Most games yes, unless its Defender or something like that( which we don't play often).

Mostly 4/8 way and 1 or 2 buttons Narf, see what you can do?

Was going well ( thought I was going to beat Ramere's first score ) till more than one type of silver enemy started appearing on the same screen (Stage 7 or 8).

The silver enemies are the tricky part as they all have different styles of movement ( a bit like bombjack :laugh:)

I like the flow/control of the game.

tp840005.png.afd0a7e8632c4e552dc78be0acb5c6f5.png

Edited by DKong

Too much World Cup + Wimbledon this week....so sleeeepy and haven't played at all yet :boring:

Loved the original Time Pilot. Would like to play it in a cocktail form factor, think it suits that well. Does the sequel live up to the original ?

There's a trivia question: Name an Arcade game sequel that's better than the original. Could be tough..

Edited by Jed

Too much World Cup + Wimbledon this week....so sleeeepy and haven't played at all yet :boring:

Loved the original Time Pilot. Would like to play it in a cocktail form factor, think it suits that well. Does the sequel live up to the original ?

There's a trivia question: Name an Arcade game sequel that's better than the original. Could be tough..

Easy:) Street Fighter II is wayyyy better than Street Fighter :)

Easy:) Street Fighter II is wayyyy better than Street Fighter :)

Hey yeah, was never into the Arcade fighters myself but I guess the sheer numbers of sequels like Mortal Kombat, KOF, SF, series etc do get better and better as they go. The only fighting games I played much were on consoles ie Tekken series on the PS1 and Killer Instinct on the SNES (Go Jago/Orchid), great party games when you had a crowd around your place :D

I just keep going around in circles until I smash into something. There gets to a point where there's just way too much going on for me to concentrate. I also spent the last week playing Mario on the DS so that could explain it.

0007.png.12683ffcffc97b6255123cdada08ec9d.png

Edited by cartman.tmw
Update score

Not a bad game, but way to much going on for me, in a bad way:( This has nothing on the fun factor of the original Time Pilot. Seems to me they have made a great game into a good game with unnecessary stress:) Still, i'm enjoying being whupped by it:laugh: