Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Screenshot question

Hi guys,

Just found this little comp, looks awesome and I'm keen to jump in soon (don't expect me to be any good though!).

Quick question, do we have to take a screenshot in a certain way for it to be acceptable for the competition, or is the standard MAME "F12" snap acceptable?

Reason I ask is that I'm planning on joining in from my cab, and want to be able to set up a button (or button combo) with a Jpac to easily take screenshots, which I'll then drag off via a wireless network connection. If a F12 screenshot is acceptable, it'll make things a lot easier :).

(Just out of interest - how many of you play from a computer compared to from a cab, and of those, how many use keyboard instead of a joystick?)

Cheers

Kev

The first 3 games I played on a PC using the keyboard. I did play the 3rd game a few times on the arcade with joystick, but found had better scores with the keyboard, so continued with that game.

On the keyboard I just hit the "Print screen" button and then paste it.

Hi guys,

Just found this little comp, looks awesome and I'm keen to jump in soon (don't expect me to be any good though!).

Quick question, do we have to take a screenshot in a certain way for it to be acceptable for the competition, or is the standard MAME "F12" snap acceptable?

Reason I ask is that I'm planning on joining in from my cab, and want to be able to set up a button (or button combo) with a Jpac to easily take screenshots, which I'll then drag off via a wireless network connection. If a F12 screenshot is acceptable, it'll make things a lot easier :).

(Just out of interest - how many of you play from a computer compared to from a cab, and of those, how many use keyboard instead of a joystick?)

Cheers

Kev

Welcome to the best Classic Arcade comp in Australia, Kev!

I usually play on my xxxx-in-1 cabinet and take a picture with my phone... except for games that aren't on my cab by default. (like the latest game..)

Enjoy the fun!

When I used to do the comps, the F12 method was always accepted without any qualms.

I played on my MAME cab which had a keyboard tucked away in a drawer. I played on arcade joystick and buttons, and then reached in and hit F12 for a snapshot. With a KeyWiz or iPac you could easily map a macro to be F12 (say like hold P2 start + P2 button 6 to take a snap, or something).

Cool, sounds good. My philosophy with a MAME machine is that you should never have to touch a keyboard, or lose the "arcade experience" :) so I'll just hook up a button shift combo for it.