MGL - XI Game 4 : Alex Kidd The Lost Stars

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kane View Post
    The ass-wiggling zombie from level 3 cracked me up, so he has a new home as my avatar.
    Yeh that guy was pretty weird to see for the first time when playing - I was thinking, now where did *that* com from ? Bizarre little game all round really!

Comment

f**k me, this version is actually playable I bet set 1 starts on the second run through. this one has less enemies and it's all the ones in the worst places that get dropped. Thanks for mentioning that kane.

It does mean that my earlier score doesn't count, sorry about that.

Comment

Crap, now I'm really confused.

I've been playing the 'alexkidda' rom, which in the mame interface says it is 'set 2, unprotected, clone of set 1' cause I couldn't get the 'alexkidd' rom to work.

I don't usually use Mame on a computer, so all that is a bit greek to me. On my cab the mame interface is hidden, I don't see it, and just usually go on the rom name.

But we all should be playing the same rom. Is it safe to assume that the rom name (in this case) doesn't't matter, as long as you're playing the 'set 2' rom ?

Comment

As we are suppose to be playing the easiest romset, it doesn't matter which set you are using, because you'll only be cheating yourself if you're using a harder set.

If you're ever confused about roms go to MAWS and it will have the MAME name and rom name listed, and all the clones. Can also see there now that they have been doing a few name changes on this rom lately ->

* 0.133u1: Renamed (alexkid1) to (alexkidd1).
          * 0.125u6: Changed description of clone 'Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (set 1, FD1089A 317-unknown)' to 'Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (set 1, FD1089A 317-0021)'.
          * 0.92: Renamed (alexkidd) to (alexkid1) and (alexkida) to (alexkidd).

DKong goes away for a few days and we immediately start having rom troubles.

Comment

Cool, I still can't figure out how to check the rom name from within the game menus (or mala) but from now on I'll either check maws or starte up Mame seperately (where it's listed in the main menu).

That Teddy Bear boss still sucks and level two is a lot easier but there's not as much taken away from level three as I was hoping for .

Sorry for the hassles...... bloody MGL noobies!

Comment

Originally posted by Taverner View Post
              Cool, I still can't figure out how to check the rom name from within the game menus (or mala) but from now on I'll either check maws or starte up Mame seperately (where it's listed in the main menu).
              Go to the "view" drop down and select "customize fields" then make sure you have the "directory" in the show these fields section.

I was using the hard rom also, was wondering why some people were saying it was ok till round three, now i see why
              Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Makes a fair difference doesn't it .

Yeah I can see them when I run mame but because I use it in a cabinet with the Mala front end I don't usually see the mame window. I was hoping there was a way to see the rom name from the mame menus once your in a game or to have them listed while in Mala.

Comment

From reading the previous posts I'm not the only one that finds that game infuriating. Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll have much more time to play this weekend so unless I squeeze in a few short rounds this may be my final score.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by cartman.tmw; 21 June 2010, 07:45 PM. Reason: Score update

Comment

That's about it for me, bring on the next game, although I won't have much time to play next week.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Rat; 20 June 2010, 04:55 PM. Reason: score update
                    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

the best so far not sure if I have much left in me
                      Attached Files

Comment

a tad better, Hardest part for me is the bouncing clowns.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by wingtipvortex; 21 June 2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

I've played this game WAY too much this week. Changing to the right rom helped but I didn't get as much further as I thought I might. In the end I was still dying in the same places either way, the teddy bear boss, the swinging plants (which I made across twice when practicing with continues and not at all in any game where I was going for a score), the first skull pooping punk rocker and the tree top section.

Now hopefully I'll never play this game again .
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kane View Post
                            The ass-wiggling zombie from level 3 cracked me up, so he has a new home as my avatar.
                            This made me laugh

Glad to see everything didn't go into total meltdown and you got the rom sorted.

Wasn't go to play this one again but after getting back thought I would have another game 59,390 (original score updated)

Some parts of this game are not to bad and other parts are just ridiculously difficult ( near impossible )

They must of had a few different level designers me thinks, and one of them was a complete arsehole
                            sigpic

Comment

Score 36200

Lucky to get anytime to play at all

Click image for larger version

Name:	alex0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	1782143
                              "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Nice score Taverner, you are the most masochistic gamer of the week

Hanging out for the new game... make it a good 'un

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X