MGL - XI Game 4 : Alex Kidd The Lost Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by retrogamer View Post
    Ok.....I have persevered with this one for a couple of hours tonight and without any reservations i must declare with wild abandon that .....
    GOOD GOD I AM HATING THIS GAME!!!
    I have had to walk away from my machine in a state of utter disgust and it is with the tears of complete frustration still rolling down my face that i try and express the utter sense of hopelessness and despair i feel due to my interaction with this ... this ... abomination!
    'chokes on a sob' .... 'gasp' ..... 'sniffle' ...... 'deep breath' ....... s'ok ...... im cool .... 'wipes eyes on sleeve'.......' eyes darken with steely glare'......'jaw clenches in resolute determination'........
    Round two tomorrow you bastard game!

LOL.............I will read this quote to the Mrs next time she says "you don't have to play it you know" after I let out another exasperated "GRRRRRRRR"

I used to enjoy the Original Alex the Kidd on my Sega Master System, but have not given this version more than a quick look, will have go now

Yeah I agree with the stories about why you nominated a game, in fact I started doing that with my nominations on the noms thread weeks ago.

Also noticed that "The Pinny Parlor" who nominated Crazy Balloon 5 times is yet to play a game in this comp. Didn't play last couple of MGL's either. Can we please regard his nomination as spam? I don't think people should need to play all games to be in the MGL, but to just nom one game and not play others at all doesn't seem to joining in the spirit.
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

69, 070

I really like all the chat that goes on about the games during the MGL's, it's fun to be reminded of games you used to play or find something new but its also good to hear about who played what where . This one's all new to me though, went from C64 to the megadrive with home consoles and definitely don't remember it from the arcades.

My daughters not real happy that I keep killing the little monkey either, in fact this morning I managed to jump down the same chute three times in a row .
      Attached Files

Comment

Hmmmm, I can see why I didn't play this for long when I first saw it.

The developers really got it wrong with the difficulty curve here, I wonder how well they could play it themselves.

I'm usually ok at platformers like this, and have got to the end of Ghost's and Goblins in the arcade. But this game doesn't give me the feeling of progression enough to even rate it any replay value.
        Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
          Also noticed that "The Pinny Parlor" who nominated Crazy Balloon 5 times is yet to play a game in this comp. Didn't play last couple of MGL's either. Can we please regard his nomination as spam? I don't think people should need to play all games to be in the MGL, but to just nom one game and not play others at all doesn't seem to joining in the spirit.
          I give that idea the Julian Rignall Two Thumbs Up.

Edit: I'm not finding this game especially hard, and the learning curve reasonable. maybe some of you are getting soft ?

I'm enjoying it a lot more than @#$%^@#$%^ choplifter, which I've just found out is very playable on a keyboard, bit late on that one

2nd Edit: I *am* now finding this game especially hard, level 3 is just horrible.
          Last edited by Jed; 17th June 2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Thats it for me for this game, will be away for the next few days.
            Play nicely and enjoy the game
            Attached Files
            Last edited by DKong; 21st June 2010, 01:36 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

10,000,000,000infinity++++++++++and more

Ahhhhhhh....woooooooo....shit fight, slap you cheat eat fight shit, boss is away boys will play

I got 10,000,000,000infinity++++++++++and more

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                Ahhhhhhh....woooooooo....shit fight, slap you cheat eat fight shit, boss is away boys will play

I got 10,000,000,000infinity++++++++++and more
                So....................What are we drinking tonight, hmm?

Comment

Wine Mr Smarty Gameroom, and it's all gone, you can't have any, I don't have to share if i don't want

Comment

I can't get into this one at all, hard to believe the character was the Sega mascot!

Mame description sums it up well 'A platform game'.

Roll on game 5.....

Comment

Took a break from trying to get a score and tried to play through it on continues. Imo stages 1 and 2 and learnable, so is the first half of stage 3 but the second half just gets bizarrely hard. Then we get to swimming in stage 4 and you move soo slowly that I'm sure there are areas where it's not even possible to not die and that's where I stopped. Maybe it'd get easier with enough replays but still I must have been well on my way to 100 credits and there's 2 more stages before you get to do the whole thing again only harder .

I always like to think a game is beatable, like Ghost and Goblins I'm never going to finish it but I do know it is possible. I'm not sure about this one though, if anyone can get through 4 stages by Monday you're a more dedicated gamer than me..... or just better .

Comment

Originally posted by Taverner View Post
                        Took a break from trying to get a score and tried to play through it on continues. Imo stages 1 and 2 and learnable, so is the first half of stage 3 but the second half just gets bizarrely hard. Then we get to swimming in stage 4 and you move soo slowly that I'm sure there are areas where it's not even possible to not die and that's where I stopped. Maybe it'd get easier with enough replays but still I must have been well on my way to 100 credits and there's 2 more stages before you get to do the whole thing again only harder .

I always like to think a game is beatable, like Ghost and Goblins I'm never going to finish it but I do know it is possible. I'm not sure about this one though, if anyone can get through 4 stages by Monday you're a more dedicated gamer than me..... or just better .
                        Well analysed and I totally agree, this game just stops being remotely playable during Level 3. I'm not sure I will be giving it any more time as I've ceased having fun with this one..

Comment

If you are finding this game too easy, try out the clone rom "alexkid1". It's much harder if you can believe it!

Comment

Please tell me that's the one I've been playing so far .

This is probably a dumb question but how do I check the rom name without having to open the rom file? Is there somewhere within the game menus (or mala) that I can check. But I definitely am playing the right rom up till now, shame that.

Comment

The ass-wiggling zombie from level 3 cracked me up, so he has a new home as my avatar.

Originally posted by Taverner View Post
                              how do I check the rom name without having to open the rom file?
                              Never used mala, there are only 2 Alex Kidd romsets,
                              Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (set 2, unprotected) = alexkidd.zip
                              Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (set 1, FD1089A 317-0021) = alexkidd1.zip

Comment

Then I have been playing the wrong rom, been playing set 1.

Will definitely have to figure out how to check the roms then, I assumed that the order would be the same as the rom file, so set 1= alexkidd and set 2 = alexkidd1.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X