Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - XI Game 4 : Alex Kidd The Lost Stars

Game 4: Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars

Rom: alexkidd

Randomly selected from the MGL XI game list, game 2 on the list

Nominated by oldschool64

%5B/img%5D

Hi-score held by

Dip switch settings

Continues ( well we don't use these in the MGL :) )

Lives 3

Bonus life 20000

Time adjust 60

Manufacturer: Sega

Year: 1986

Class:

Genre: Platform

Type: Videogame

Monitor:

Orientation: Horizontal

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

Conversion Class:

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player

Controls:

Joystick: 8-way

Buttons:

ALex Kidd : The Lost Stars Description

Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars uses recycled stages, making the player go through all the stages again with increased difficulty, with bonuses in different positions.

(http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7333)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL X thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 21st of June BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong

Edited by DKong

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This must have taken buckets of coins to learn in the arcade. So far for me its been walk along.... die die die die die die..... Ah that's the pattern..... walk along.......

Don't let the innocent look of the game fool you, this game needs precision jumping and moving all the time.

I'm finding it as hard as Ghost and Goblins :lol

Ok.....I have persevered with this one for a couple of hours tonight and without any reservations i must declare with wild abandon that .....

GOOD GOD I AM HATING THIS GAME!!!

I have had to walk away from my machine in a state of utter disgust and it is with the tears of complete frustration still rolling down my face that i try and express the utter sense of hopelessness and despair i feel due to my interaction with this ... this ... abomination!

'chokes on a sob' .... 'gasp' ..... 'sniffle' ...... 'deep breath' ....... s'ok ...... im cool .... 'wipes eyes on sleeve'.......' eyes darken with steely glare'......'jaw clenches in resolute determination'........

Round two tomorrow you bastard game!

:lol

Ok.....I have persevered with this one for a couple of hours tonight and without any reservations i must declare with wild abandon that .....

I have had to walk away from my machine in a state of utter disgust and it is with the tears of complete frustration still rolling down my face that i try and express the utter sense of hopelessness and despair i feel due to my interaction with this ... this ... abomination!

'chokes on a sob' .... 'gasp' ..... 'sniffle' ...... 'deep breath' ....... s'ok ...... im cool .... 'wipes eyes on sleeve'.......' eyes darken with steely glare'......'jaw clenches in resolute determination'........

:lol Sums it up

Now we can all flame into the nominator of this game...oldschool64 :laugh:

Was thinking if your game is nominated , you have to give an explanation why you nominated this game.

oldschool64 please explain :D

It's not so bad :D A challenging platformer for sure, akin to the Monty Mole series on the C64 or Ghosts and Goblins in the Arcades, both of which I spent a fair bit of time on.

It's learnable enough, ie what the enemies are going to do / where they're going to do it. First two rounds aren't actually that bad once you've gone through them a few times to learn, but I didn't get too far at all in round 3, those swinging blob things were kind of tricky.

Good nomination :p

I agree about learning the levels jamma except for that @#$%ing teddy bear boss on stage one, I just can't get the timing for it yet, found the stage 2 boss/ending a lot easier.

In fact I bet there's only a floating head left because someone else has already ripped the padded thing off after landing on note after note after note :realmad: :lol.

Edited by Taverner

Was thinking if your game is nominated , you have to give an explanation why you nominated this game.

That's a great idea Dkong, then we can all enjoy a bit of background story attached to the game of the week, there's usually stories attached to people's faves, I for one would like to hear them :)

LOL.............I will read this quote to the Mrs next time she says "you don't have to play it you know" after I let out another exasperated "GRRRRRRRR" :)

I used to enjoy the Original Alex the Kidd on my Sega Master System, but have not given this version more than a quick look, will have go now :)

Yeah I agree with the stories about why you nominated a game, in fact I started doing that with my nominations on the noms thread weeks ago.

Also noticed that "The Pinny Parlor" who nominated Crazy Balloon 5 times is yet to play a game in this comp. Didn't play last couple of MGL's either. Can we please regard his nomination as spam? I don't think people should need to play all games to be in the MGL, but to just nom one game and not play others at all doesn't seem to joining in the spirit.

69, 070

I really like all the chat that goes on about the games during the MGL's, it's fun to be reminded of games you used to play or find something new but its also good to hear about who played what where :). This one's all new to me though, went from C64 to the megadrive with home consoles and definitely don't remember it from the arcades.

My daughters not real happy that I keep killing the little monkey either, in fact this morning I managed to jump down the same chute three times in a row :lol.

alex69070.png.359cd611c4400ae3d7997e858e7e6988.png

Hmmmm, I can see why I didn't play this for long when I first saw it.

The developers really got it wrong with the difficulty curve here, I wonder how well they could play it themselves.

I'm usually ok at platformers like this, and have got to the end of Ghost's and Goblins in the arcade. But this game doesn't give me the feeling of progression enough to even rate it any replay value.

Also noticed that "The Pinny Parlor" who nominated Crazy Balloon 5 times is yet to play a game in this comp. Didn't play last couple of MGL's either. Can we please regard his nomination as spam? I don't think people should need to play all games to be in the MGL, but to just nom one game and not play others at all doesn't seem to joining in the spirit.

I give that idea the Julian Rignall Two Thumbs Up.

http://i46.tinypic.com/o0we8n.gif

Edit: I'm not finding this game especially hard, and the learning curve reasonable. maybe some of you are getting soft ? :lol

I'm enjoying it a lot more than @#$%^@#$%^ choplifter, which I've just found out is very playable on a keyboard, bit late on that one :redface

2nd Edit: I *am* now finding this game especially hard, level 3 is just horrible.:realmad:

Edited by Jed

10,000,000,000infinity++++++++++and more

Ahhhhhhh....woooooooo....shit fight, slap you cheat eat fight shit, boss is away boys will play :)

I got 10,000,000,000infinity++++++++++and more

Took a break from trying to get a score and tried to play through it on continues. Imo stages 1 and 2 and learnable, so is the first half of stage 3 but the second half just gets bizarrely hard. Then we get to swimming in stage 4 and you move soo slowly that I'm sure there are areas where it's not even possible to not die and that's where I stopped. Maybe it'd get easier with enough replays but still I must have been well on my way to 100 credits and there's 2 more stages before you get to do the whole thing again only harder :o.

I always like to think a game is beatable, like Ghost and Goblins I'm never going to finish it but I do know it is possible. I'm not sure about this one though, if anyone can get through 4 stages by Monday you're a more dedicated gamer than me..... or just better :lol.