No announcement yet.

MGL - XI Game 3 : Choplifter

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First day off the painkillers in about a week, so with a couple of beers and some Norwegian symphonic hardcore metal as my soundtrack i gave this a real good rumble today and i must say I managed to kick some serious butt!.....3rd level is a bit nasty but just wait till you get to suck it up on level 4! Man that shit just chews up the lives and spits em out!
    As Ramere said once you get through the 4th it goes back through em again only a little harder so at least there has been plenty of practice on those stages once you get back to em....small blessing eh!

Will save posting my score till a little later in the week ...just to keep the suspense!

Click image for larger version

Name:	choplift.png
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1782095
    Last edited by retrogamer; 14 June 2010, 10:35 AM.
    Shhhhhh........I'm going quietly insane.

Comment

Originally posted by retrogamer View Post
      so with a couple of beers and some Norwegian symphonic hardcore metal as my soundtrack
      Who's the band ? I'm intrigued

I was thinking of firing up 'Ride of the Valkyries' for this one, I love the smell of Mame in the evening!

(apologies to those too young to know what the hell I am talking about)

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
        Who's the band ? I'm intrigued

I was thinking of firing up 'Ride of the Valkyries' for this one, I love the smell of Mame in the evening!

(apologies to those too young to know what the hell I am talking about)
        Aren't all the bands from Norway symphonic metal?

Today i was listening to some older Nightwish albums....lead vocalist was a classically trained soprano babe which made for great contrast with the heavy metal music. Replaced her with some nasty screeching swiss pop rock princess and have consequentially gone a bit less Nightwish and a bit more wishy washy for my liking.

Heavy music is good for my gaming focus levels it would seem!

Game/Rock on!!!!
        Shhhhhh........I'm going quietly insane.

Comment

Fun little game but if you ever find yourself relying on me flying in in a chopper to save the day I'd plea bargain .
          Attached Files

Comment

Another tip, if you get shot with men on board quickly press the change direction button and they will leap to safety.

Twice now I have got a perfect on the first level and the game has reset and ended? ripped off, I want my 20c back

Does anyone else find a screen tear in the graphics sometimes?
            Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

This might be about it for me.
              Attached Files
              Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Hmm, not getting into this at all, but this happens with me I sorted out my control config( thanks for the help peoples ), not my cup of tea at all

Comment

The less said the better

Click image for larger version

Name:	chplftb.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	1782089

"Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                    Hmm, not getting into this at all, but this happens with me I sorted out my control config( thanks for the help peoples ), not my cup of tea at all
                    What was the issue with the controls, thought it was just a standard 8-way and two buttons
                    Hard game to get the hang of but once your on a plane it gets easier
                    sigpic

Comment

Ya I'm having major trouble getting into this one too... just can't seem to control the damn thing to do what i want it to do. I'm glad it's not just me

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                        What was the issue with the controls, thought it was just a standard 8-way and two buttons
                        Hard game to get the hang of but once your on a plane it gets easier
                        Its just not doing what i think it should be doing Its double spinning on the reverse button and the directions seem to be the opposite sometimes, then changing Might be the rom i'm using, i dunno, but its real hard to control.

Comment

Tricky little game, finally got past round 3.
                          Last edited by SectionZ; 14 June 2010, 08:00 PM. Reason: Update Score

Comment

Its just not doing what i think it should be doing Its double spinning on the reverse button and the directions seem to be the opposite sometimes, then changing Might be the rom i'm using, i dunno, but its real hard to control.
                            I'm having the same problems with this game. Just seems impossible to play, can't control the helicopter. Every time it's just a major frustration and I die within seconds Might just have to write this one off. Roll on Game 4...

Comment

Had a few more plays today 189800, two 50,000 bonus's and totally botch up the third level
                              sigpic

Comment

I really liked the learning curve with this one, I tend to get frustrated with maze games but with choplifter everytime I started to get to the next level, the ones I was already finishing seemed to get easier and easier. Still haven't done a full lap but did get a couple of games with perfects in stages 1-3 (though that third tower in stage three has had me going nuts all week ).
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X