X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gameroom View Post
    Anyone who is having problems with roms for this game try the file below:-

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/roms/g...9wbGlmdC56aXA=

This rom was updated recently, and if you are running a new version of mame, then the old roms wont work. Need the rom listed above.
    Thanks, that ROM works for me 0136.

0.131u2: fixed Choplifter (8751 315-5151) - Game now playable.
    0.130u3: Renamed (chplft) to (choplift), (chplftb) to (chopliftu) and (chplftbl) to (chopliftbl)

Mame is great, but the way the ROMS get renamed so often is annoying. Editing the ROM names may work for some with older versions

Comment

Just had a quick try, works fine on my xxxx-in-1 Cab.

This seems to be a real hard/frustrating game, even with dips on easy...Or else I'm pretty useless at this game, and it's quite likely that is true

*shuffles off to study youtube vids of gameplay*

Comment

I don't get how to aim properly in this game. I just can't maneuver in time. When I'm aiming down at the ground enemies - it takes me forever to try to aim at a plane in front of me! I doubt I will attempt alot of this game, not really my cup of tea but I do like how the hostages/civilians hop in and out like Lemmings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramere View Post
          Ripper, one of my all time fav's. We used to be able to pick the lock on this game with a flattened nail, click up a gazillion credits & get chage for pie & a coke.... excuse me while I get a bit nostalgic .....

Any tips on gameplay Ramere ? Or even for just controlling the damn helo, I'm all over the shop at the moment. Best score: 11k

Comment

Dont worry so much about shooting the aircraft and concentrate more on dodging their bullets as you are strafing the ground troops.....by all means you should blow em outta the sky if they happen to get in the way but dont bother attacking them directly.

I knew this one would be a fun but frustrating bastard.....
            Shhhhhh........I'm going quietly insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post

Any tips on gameplay Ramere ? Or even for just controlling the damn helo, I'm all over the shop at the moment. Best score: 11k
              Not much to tell really, it not a game that requires much finesse.

Dont worry about shooting planes, just dodge 'em & once you have cleared the ground & ship guns keeping low is handy.

Just go flat chat until you get to your POW's, pick 'em up, turned around & get the hell out of there as fast as you can.

When picking up the POW's bounce the chopper ever slow slightly (taking care to not squash any POW's, I usually do one bounce between each POW boarding), this stops the tanks, etc. from appearing at the bottom of the screen trying to blow the crap out of you.

Hope that helps a bit.

Comment

dont kill any civillians to get a perfect bonus 50000 I think

Comment

Originally posted by oldschool64 View Post
                  dont kill any civillians to get a perfect bonus 50000 I think
                  Yep, was just about to edit my initial post with that info.

In level 4 the are plenty ship at the bottom of the screen so turn sideway to blow 'em away.

1st game in ages for this score, it's actually a PB iirc, had only ever played it with the Hard dipswitch. Stuffed up by killing POW's on the 1st 2 levels & level 5 costing 150K, reckon I will get as high as 800K if I put some time into it

Once past level 4 you go back to the 1st level although it's a bit harder.

Comment

A couple of games tonight, first time I have cleared stage 1 Second stage is a bit trickier with the gun turrets on the other side of the ships.

BTW Ramere I have your MGL X trophy, do you want to pick it up some time.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by DKong; 14 June 2010, 05:08 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

For anyone that wants a tip to increase your score......
                      ....change the setting from hard (default) to easy.

My score went from 11,000 to 51,000 on the very next game!

Comment

Was waiting to crack the 100k mark tonight and finally did it with the aid of rescuing all in the first level. Now to stop before I break something...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Shirtlifter, hmmm not really a fav but will give it a go

I think I remember playing a bad clone that I loaded from TAPE to my VIC-20

Ramere I predict you have me on this one.

Edit

OK just played a game, yep bought back memories, worth having a bash at. It is innovative for it's time in the movement and differing "planes". Also an accurate and fair game, don't worry about squashing them as they are only Americans.
                          Last edited by Rat; 9 June 2010, 01:11 AM.
                          Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                            don't worry about squashing them as they are only Americans.

I enjoy hearing them scream..

Thanks for the playing tips Retrogamer/Ramere, that's helped a lot. I 've been just picking up the men, not flying them anywhere Just sort of picking them up and joyriding until being shot out of the sky. Great battle tactician.

Edit: Token effort. Never came across a tournment game I disliked as much, or have had so much trouble with, as this one Oh well I found my gaming silver bullet
                            Last edited by Jed; 14 June 2010, 03:23 PM.

Comment

121,100, start of 3rd level. Will improve on this with a bit more practise.
                              243,100, damn that 3rd level is a prick, one freak fireball can screw up the whole level.
                              Last edited by kane; 14 June 2010, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kane View Post
                                121,100, start of 3rd level. Will improve on this with a bit more practise.
                                I'm on the 3rd level as well , that chasm/cave took me by surprise.
                                sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X