No announcement yet.

MGL - XI Game 2 : Guzzler

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'day all, back from a lazy 4 weeks in Qld, spewing missed the 1st game. Had a bit of a crack at this one, getting the hang of it slowly.

Last edited by Ramere; 7 June 2010, 06:59 PM.

Comment

282,110 Level 19

Been hammering it since finishing work and just got past Rat's high, love the last minute Monday night pressure, reckon it adds to the fun Going to keep playing it, hell the TG High Score is only 3 Million or so

Comment

Nice work - I tried to play some more games just now and kept dying stupidly. Had a few games over 100k but didn't break my top score unfortunately. Oh well - it's a fun game and I'll definitely be playing it again.

Comment

MGL - XI
          Game 2 Results

Game 2 is officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores

Results for Game 2: Guzzler

1. Jammasized 282,110
          25 points

2. Rat 243,800
          20 points

3. SectionZ 231,480
          16 points

4. spl 162,020
          13 points

5. Ramere 134,270
          11 points

6. wingtipvortex 124,770
          10 points

7. Foot 123,740
          9 points

8.retrogamer 123,230
          8 points

9.Taverner 121,910
          7 points

10.kane 97,630
          6 points

11.DKong 95,890
          5 points

12. gameroom 93,580
          4 points

13. cartman.tmv 61,870
          3 points

14. oldschool64 53,210
          2 points

Leaderboard has been updated
          sigpic

Comment

can"t wait for the next game couldnt really get to like the last one

Comment

I was hoping to post another score when I reached 100k - see if you can find it!

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                Think quick Hopin ill just squeeze this in, if not all good
                When did you add the score , it was 124,770 when I totaled them up at around 8.15
                sigpic

Comment

Well done Jamma, round 19

Still learning more about this game, ie killing the red enemies increases timer bonus & the way the enemies can be manipulated in the later levels once you get in the zone. Nice little game, well nominated Rat.

For those into PCB's the hardware for this looks identical to 'Swimmer' not sure if it would be a ROM swap though...

SZ

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                    When did you add the score , it was 124,770 when I totaled them up at around 8.15
                    Na, it was 9 past when i added it....i was playing like a madman All good though mate, rules are rules Im just happy i improved some

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                      Na, it was 9 past when i added it....i was playing like a madman All good though mate, rules are rules Im just happy i improved some
                      Was some really good scores coming in late, I have been sick all day and didn't get one game in. Good game though.
                      As long as you happy with the original score then , If I start making exceptions I could be adjusting scores all monday night
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                        Was some really good scores coming in late, I have been sick all day and didn't get one game in. Good game though.
                        As long as you happy with the original score then , If I start making exceptions I could be adjusting scores all monday night
                        All good ben, im happy to have actually ranked more than last
                        Definatly a great game, thanks Rat for bringing it to our attention!
                        Congrats to Jammasized on a sweet score and win!!

Comment

This game represents what I like the most about the league play, playing others nominations you've never heard of, and finding them really enjoyable.

I put a fair amount of time into this one to be sure, as the genre is one that I love, maze / screen progression games, can't get enough of those Added the game to my cab's favourite list, will be revisiting this one many times more for sure.

Now as for Choplifter, erk, time for the slippery slide, the other way...

Oh and welcome back, Ramere

Comment

Glad most people enjoyed it I'm also happy that my bonus score didn't win, and that my score with no bonus would have only dropped me one place.

I beat my PB, and I might have another crack at it one day. This is what I think the spirit of MGL is. Not to only nominate games you are awesome at thus giving you a better chance of winning. But more for sharing the games, the experience, tips, and yes having a brag now and then

Well done Jamma, I think with a bit more practice you could defeat this game, once you get higher in the levels the bonus gives you a free man every second level.

As far as the bugs go, dunno still what my score did? But with the collision detection, in my experience it's mostly very accurate but sometimes it gets confused and lets you through, benefit of the doubt type scenario, pacman does that also.
                            Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                            Working...
                            X