14. spl
    50 points

15. retrogamer
    44 points (1 win)

16.Baker
    9 points

17.jardine
    5 points

Last edited by DKong; 16 August 2010, 08:38 PM.
    sigpic

Current Ladder after Game 4.

No huge gaps between placings but a huge gap between first and last.

Taverner set as the favourite after 4 games, although Jammasized closing and I would also have a few dollars on SectionZ as bit of mover towards the top placings.
    sigpic

Comment

Was definitely expecting to be at the other end of the table at this point but playing my first MGL and with a cabinet that's only a few months old I'm probably putting more time into these games then a grown man should .

Still predicting a mid season sky dive though.

Comment

Originally posted by Taverner View Post
        Was definitely expecting to be at the other end of the table at this point but playing my first MGL and with a cabinet that's only a few months old I'm probably putting more time into these games then a grown man should .

Still predicting a mid season sky dive though.

A few weeks later and you are still up there, Trophy even
        sigpic

Comment

Two games to go and nothing separating top three spots ( it just looked like fireworks )

Who will be the next MGL champ

Maybe someone should run a book on it
          sigpic

Comment

The smart money has got to be on Rat eh!

9 points clear of 2nd, 11 points clear of 3rd, and a classic like this comes up - Rat's too good an all-rounder not to also have the skillz here. I'll still be giving it a damn good try though. Galaxian was a turning point for the top three placings.

Love the MGL Without it my cab would just be playing NBA Jam and Kung Fu Master most of the time (made floor 4 the other day, oo-rah)

Comment

Yep never played new rally x before so not likely to make a late charge, still I'll be well happy if I can hold on for 3rd and definitely an MGL convert now played some great games, classic and otherwise, that I would have just kept scrolling past otherwise. Time Pilot 84 was probably a favourite for me though going back and really putting some effort into Slap Fight, which I had played a lot as a kid (cause it was a 20c cheapy) but was never any good at, was also great fun.

Another few MGLs though and I think I'll have to switch the P1 button 1 with the P2 button 6 cause I am soo not light on them still at that rate I'm sorted for a few years before I have to dig down the back of the couch for enough money to get a few replacments.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                The smart money has got to be on Rat eh!

9 points clear of 2nd, 11 points clear of 3rd, and a classic like this comes up - Rat's too good an all-rounder not to also have the skillz here. I'll still be giving it a damn good try though. Galaxian was a turning point for the top three placings.

Love the MGL Without it my cab would just be playing NBA Jam and Kung Fu Master most of the time (made floor 4 the other day, oo-rah)

To be honest I have no idea how good Rat is at Rally X, in all our years of gaming MAMEing and now MGLing, I have never seen him play this game.

His quietness early in this game raises some suspicions though, either he is sitting back laughing or trying damn hard to get a good score, hmmm
                sigpic

Comment

His quietness is due to being away at work..............home now.
                  Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Well done Rat, fine victory.

Good work by Taverner & Jammasized to.

Comment

MGL XI is over

Congratulations to Rat for winning

and congratulations to Taverner and Jammasized for finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively

It was a very close finish in the last few games , which put the top three places up for grabs going into the last couple of games.

Great to see so many new people playing and think we had one of the best turnouts for an MGL overall.
                      Top three places.

1. Rat
                      176 points ( 1 win)

2. Taverner
                      172 points ( 2 Wins)

3. Jammasized
                      163 points (2 wins)

Guys I will get a trophy out to you soon, just send me your address ( might be after MM )

Cheers and thanks everyone for contributing

Ben
                      sigpic

Comment

Well done guys, top effort!

Thanks to DK for running it also
                        "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Well done Rat and everyone else that played. Thanks for running everything so well DK - had a great time playing a whole bunch of games I'd never heard of before (most are staying on my favs list for practise if they ever come up in another comp). Just went back for a game of SF2 as a celebration - hasn't been seen on my arcade for 3 months until now!

Comment

Wo Hoo

Congrats Rat on the win and everyone for playing (and DK running it), was a close comp in the end. Gonna have to try to get my head around the maze and early platform games for the next MGL.

Comment

Thanks

I agree it was a fun MGL, I really enjoyed most of the games, and the competition was close all the way through.

Great stuff
                              Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X