Maximum number of Players: 2
    Gameplay: Alternating
    Control Panel Layout: Single Player
    Controls:
    Joystick: 8-way
    Buttons: 2 [Fire|Select]
    Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Slap Fight Description

The player, flying a ship over a vertically scrolling background, shoots the enemies using a variety of weapons. These weapons, as well as higher speed, shield and power up are obtained by collecting and trading in stars.

(http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...S&game_id=9583)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL X thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
    Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 31st of March BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong
    sigpic

Ahhh Bitch Fight....cool game......hate it when you progress a fair way and loose all your power ups followed by quickly losing your 3 or 4 remaining lives.

Will crank up Prodigy "Smack My Bitch Up" while playing this one
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Could always go the RHCP for that slap bass soundtrack

Good 1st game, probably one of the first shooters I played as a kid. Never been any good at it though and haven't played more than a few times since getting a cabinet so should be fun trying to get a good game going.

Comment

226,330 Area 67

And off we go
        Had a few games this afternoon so thought I would post an early score.

Last edited by DKong; 25th May 2010, 09:48 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Um nice bench mark there DK Btw I take it we're not meant to use the power up cheat/tactic at the beginning?

Comment

The "slapfigh" rom is not working for me with mame 0.135

But "slapfgtr" is working....hmmm can I use that? or do I need to download a new rom?

Tried downloading a new rom, but same error, mame is telling me that there are working clones, so it seems "slapfigh" is broken in my version of mame.
            Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
              The "slapfigh" rom is not working for me with mame 0.135

But "slapfgtr" is working....hmmm can I use that? or do I need to download a new rom?

Tried downloading a new rom, but same error, mame is telling me that there are working clones, so it seems "slapfigh" is broken in my version of mame.
              I've always had this problem with Slapfight as well, I think with this game we can just use the ROM that works.
              Think mine is English bootleg or something.
              sigpic

Comment

Never seen this one before, always good to play something new! DK's almost got the AA High Score with his first post, is this a sign that he's going to play with *both* hands this tourney for a change ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                  Never seen this one before, always good to play something new! DK's almost got the AA High Score with his first post, is this a sign that he's going to play with *both* hands this tourney for a change ?
                  I have played this one a lot over the years, my HiScore is 382,000 Area 77, I'm sure Rat can do a lot better.

Originally posted by Taverner View Post
                  Um nice bench mark there DK Btw I take it we're not meant to use the power up cheat/tactic at the beginning?
                  I had forgot about that, thats where you have to dodge everything for as long as you can.
                  What is everyone else's thoughts on using this
                  It does give you full powerup but you also lose a life.
                  Last edited by DKong; 24th May 2010, 04:56 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
                  sigpic

Comment

Cool, I'm using the English Bootleg also......and actually playing quite poorly

I usually play this type of shooter well, but have always found Slapshot frustrating.

I have been ok at this in the distant past, but never great, don't think I will be winning this round.

Comment

Yeah plus if you dodge long enough (1st fountain) you also get 180k and full power ups.

Wasn't sure if it counts as a cheat or just a hidden trick? I'd rather it wasn't used as long as we're all on the same page.

I'd hate to see all us wooden spooners get jumped with one move so I suppose the other way is just to make sure everyone knows about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Taverner View Post
                        Yeah plus if you dodge long enough (1st fountain) you also get 180k and full power ups.

Wasn't sure if it counts as a cheat or just a hidden trick? I'd rather it wasn't used as long as we're all on the same page.

I'd hate to see all us wooden spooners get jumped with one move so I suppose the other way is just to make sure everyone knows about it.
                        Sounds good to me then

Trick/cheat not allowed!
                        sigpic

Comment

had a quick 5 games (very quick mind you) as never played before.

top score (and third game) 15550 - and no, I didn't leave out a digit.

Going to be a loooooooong week, me thinks.

Comment

best of 148170

used to play this on the commy 64 glad to see i still have all the old skills
                            best I will get get I think head not in it
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by oldschool64; 31st May 2010, 02:26 PM. Reason: new score

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                              Sounds good to me then

Trick/cheat not allowed!
                              had never noticed that the high score lists the area as well... pretty much takes care of that problem, if you've got 200k and area 3 there will be questions .

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X