• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't really give it much of a shot.
    Attached Files

Comment

Craptastic

Comment

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I didn't see that score until after work and I've had 6 beers now!!!!! shit I got 15minutes!!!!

Comment

Good luck mate I'm cheering for ya

Gotta admit it was a factor in whether I kept going and tried to beat the boss or not .... then I died 3 games trying to get pass where the aliens hide in the tunnels and that decided it in favour of more beer .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	slapbtuk.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	1782025

Bit sad considering it was my nomination....bring on the next one!
            Shhhhhh........I'm going quietly insane.

Comment

Originally posted by spl View Post
              fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I didn't see that score until after work and I've had 6 beers now!!!!! shit I got 15minutes!!!!
              6 Beers always helps

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                6 Beers always helps
                Broke my keyboard now because of this...spacebar button is gone and so have a few keys over it - so frustrating that I can't even dodge properly.. nice win Taverner.. next time I guess i will try harder..

Comment

MGL - XI
                  Game 1 Results

Game 1 is officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores

Results for Game 1: Slap Fight

1. Taverner 318,190
                  25 points

2. spl 317,030
                  20 points

3. Jammasized 227,880
                  16 points

4. DKong 226,330
                  13 points

5. Rat 204,570
                  11 points

6. oldschool64 148,170
                  10 points

7. cartman.tmw 140,910
                  9 points

8.gameroom 135,030
                  8 points

9.retrogamer 85,230
                  7 points

10.kane 61,670
                  6 points

11.jardine 48,950
                  5 points

12. wingtipvortex 29,600
                  4 points

13. Foot 21,910
                  3 points

sigpic

Comment

cool not as crap as I thought can't wait for the next round

Comment

Broke my keyboard now because of this...spacebar button is gone and so have a few keys over it - so frustrating that I can't even dodge properly.. nice win Taverner.. next time I guess i will try harder..
                      Nice score as well spl, I really got into this one as its one of the few shooters I played as a kid (often in roller skates ) not expecting to top the lists too often.

The first time I beat that skull boss the snap didn't work. I killed it then died on the two tanks straight after for about 290k, I entered my name and saved a snap.

A friend of my wife was over at the time and as soon as I saved it I checked the snaps folder...... and had to apologise for the language.

Comment

Originally posted by Taverner View Post
                        Nice score as well spl, I really got into this one as its one of the few shooters I played as a kid (often in roller skates ) not expecting to top the lists too often.

The first time I beat that skull boss the snap didn't work. I killed it then died on the two tanks straight after for about 290k, I entered my name and saved a snap.

A friend of my wife was over at the time and as soon as I saved it I checked the snaps folder...... and had to apologise for the language.
                        I don't feel too bad then since the first time I tried this game was 1 week ago. I'm quite a fan of shmups tho and play alot of them.

I actually found a way which I think can get past those 2 bosses easily. I found if you use laser and a few wings - you can point blank those 2 bosses and they die within about 5 seconds. The laser is also better for dealing with those tower things that spit out constant bullets.

I keep dying however since i'm not used to the wings but I can see it working with some more practice.

PS. does game 2 kick off tonight??

Comment

I don't feel too bad then since the first time I tried this game was 1 week ago. I'm quite a fan of shmups tho and play alot of them.

I actually found a way which I think can get past those 2 bosses easily. I found if you use laser and a few wings - you can point blank those 2 bosses and they die within about 5 seconds. The laser is also better for dealing with those tower things that spit out constant bullets.

I keep dying however since i'm not used to the wings but I can see it working with some more practice.

PS. does game 2 kick off tonight??
                          Should be up now, guzzler
                          sigpic

Comment

Yep already listed, I noticed with the last bosses that homing only shoots one missle at a time at the red glass, its ok with the first part because you can keep dodging but could be a good technique to switch for the second, any idea if lasers hit the guns on it, homing missiles just ignore them. I can't see me being able to dodge that long anyway so will definitely try the lasers.

Edit: took me ages when I was trying the different weapons to realise that the lasers shoot further if you hold the button down.

Comment

Nice scores guys, you put a lot of effort in this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Taverner View Post
                                Yep already listed, I noticed with the last bosses that homing only shoots one missle at a time at the red glass, its ok with the first part because you can keep dodging but could be a good technique to switch for the second, any idea if lasers hit the guns on it, homing missiles just ignore them. I can't see me being able to dodge that long anyway so will definitely try the lasers.

Edit: took me ages when I was trying the different weapons to realise that the lasers shoot further if you hold the button down.
                                Not sure if the homing hits those side guns but I tested on the first of the last boss that the laser with 2 wings will kill it VERY fast if you point blank it. I assume this is the same the second time around as I haven't got that far again.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X