MGL - XI Game 1 : Slap Fight

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

227,880 Area 67

Area 49 that weird grid thing with the grid runners. Enjoyable game, I don't mind being a Slapper

I like how you can choose power ups, have to agree with Rat how you tend to suddenly lose all your lives - seems to me mainly due to being a fair way into the game, then lose your life and boom your ship goes goes back to moving soooo freakin' slowly you're yelling noooooo! while trying to dodge the nightmare at the speed of an extremely old slug.

Seemed to me while familiarising myself with the game last night, one of the more efficient powerup combos is speed + guided missiles ? All i've been doing so far is trying to get those two then hanging on for dear life. Couldn't see much use in any of the others compared to those two.

Good game, hope to improve as the week progresses.

Edit 1: Score update
    Edit 2: Score Update
    Last edited by Jed; 31 May 2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
      Area 49 that weird grid thing with the grid runners. Enjoyable game, I don't mind being a Slapper

I like how you can choose power ups, have to agree with Rat how you tend to suddenly lose all your lives - seems to me mainly due to being a fair way into the game, then lose your life and boom your ship goes goes back to moving soooo freakin' slowly you're yelling noooooo! while trying to dodge the nightmare at the speed of an extremely old slug.

Seemed to me while familiarising myself with the game last night, one of the more efficient powerup combos is speed + guided missiles ? All i've been doing so far is trying to get those two then hanging on for dear life. Couldn't see much use in any of the others compared to those two.

Good game, hope to improve as the week progresses.
      I am always a Homing Missile glutton with this game, also side shot is helpful as you can have both.
      Also by adding wings your firepower power increases but the size of your ship does as well, but it can take a shot on the wings when it gets to a certain size with out dying.

When I get up to around where you are I usually go for shield, then shield then shield
      sigpic

Comment

Do the sidewings slow you down or just seem like it? Every time I get the first sidewing I always want to add another speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Taverner View Post
          Do the sidewings slow you down or just seem like it? Every time I get the first sidewing I always want to add another speed.
          It sure seems that way, I don't use wings much as I find the big ship a bit cumbersome, plus if you take a hit on the centre of the ship I think you lose the whole lot.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm assuming the scoring tricks like growing the weeds into flowers with the laser are allowed?

Comment

DK's the final word but I'd say so, doesn't each special weapon have something similar, the homing missles uncover those little boxes, the bombs destroy parts?

Not quite as depressed about DK's little first day post now that I'm at least using the same number of numbers Still hate that trimaran-tank though.

Comment

Originally posted by Taverner View Post
                Still hate that trimaran-tank though.
                I agree I hate that #$@%^@#$$% thing

It's kind of fun to dodge and weave the slow waves of bullets it fires, don't know the best way to kill the thing tho.

Comment

I love slap fight, used to bash it hard back in the day and would love it in a cab
                  We're the renegades of funk

Comment

Tried a few games this arvo.. just getting the feel of it - it's really hard to recover in some sections after losing a life and having no speed ups!!

217,850 - Area 65

Comment

Few more games now got:

229,840 - Area 67

Slowly getting the hang of how to play this.

Comment

Originally posted by spl View Post
                        Few more games now got:

229,840 - Area 67

Slowly getting the hang of how to play this.
                        well how about passing on some f@%kin tips .....good game...how is everyone useing there power ups??

Comment

Originally posted by jardine View Post
                          well how about passing on some f@%kin tips .....good game...how is everyone useing there power ups??
                          I think homing missle or laser are the two best options to use. I don't use any wings, etc.

Comment

Confession my 310,000 score involved the dodging trick at the start, I thought about running with it but after a day, my guilt has caught up with me so I am posting my correct score of 226,330.
                            Can understand if anyone want's me to withdraw from this game or comp, but just wanted to get the honest point across early.
                            Leave it up to you guys,
                            sorry to Tav as well as he brought it up and I acted all dumb

Hopefully hasn't torn the fabric of the MGL but thought it best to be honest than carry the burden

Leave it to everyone involved then.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ritual Whipping should just about do it

That was with the 180k bonus as well I take it, I kind of thought that score was a bit high considering where other people have got with 200k+.

Far as I'm concerned it's all good, hard thing with the MGL is we've got to rely on trust, turns out Slap Fight's easy enough because they add the area achieved to the score tally but I would say if a game comes up with similar cheats/tactics we let people know and decide whether to go with trust or just post it and let everyone decide how to get their own PB (depending on if it changes how the game is played or just adds a higher score).

DK puts a lot of work into running these MGL's and they seem like a blast so personally I think he deserves one get out of jail free card .
                              Last edited by Taverner; 26 May 2010, 01:00 AM.

Comment

+1

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X