Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - X Game 11 : Amidar

Game 11: Amidar

Rom: amidar

Randomly selected from the MGL Xgame list, game 4 on the list

Nominated by

http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/11/118124163045.jpg

http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/11/1103120952.jpg

No current hiscore

Manufacturer: Konami

Year: 1981

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Labyrinth/Maze

Type: Videogame

Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

Conversion Class: Konami Classic

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player

Controls:

Joystick: 4-way (up, down, left, right)

Buttons: 1 [Jump]

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Dip switch settings

Lives 3

Bonus 30,000 50,000

Amidar Description

Your character moves on a screen full of boxes. Either collect dots or paint all the paths to fill in the boxes, avoiding the chasing Amidars and Trackers. A bonus screen appears after each completed level.

Game Introduction

The game has two sequences for each level. In the first sequence, you are a gorilla trying to draw boxes and you are being pursued by savages. During the second sequence, you play a paint roller trying to paint squares while being pursued by pigs.

Game Play

On even-numbered levels, your character is a gorilla; on odd-numbered levels, it is a paint roller and the Amidars are savages and pigs, respectively. Filling the four corner boxes of the screen gives you a short time to chase the Amidars and score extra points. You also have a jump button that causes all the enemies to jump, allowing you to escape from a close situation. You start with three "jumps" on every level. In between levels, there is a chance to earn 5000 bonus points. Here, a pig moves across the top of the screen. By pushing the jump button, the pig traces a path across the boxes towards the bottom of the screen. If the savage or pig reaches a bunch of bananas, the bonus is awarded. The game has infuriatingly catchy music.

(http:// http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?letter=A&game_id=6883)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL X thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 15th of March BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong

Home from night shift, have not slept for 27hrs, can hardly focus, 92k first game :)

Not going to play again today, too frustrating not having the reflexes to get the banana.

Singing "you get no banana today today"

Hmmm, time for bed???? nahh not yet.

Couldn't help myself, I played again and got a score worthy of posting.

Edging up to about 30hrs no sleep now, so definitely last game today, and I have a marathon mountain bike race tomorrow morning, followed by a food and wine binge :) So no gaming tomorrow either, but might get another go on Monday sometime.

0002.thumb.png.1aaf6338c20cb9272142354e11a88d48.png

Couldn't help myself, I played again and got a score worthy of posting.

Edging up to about 30hrs no sleep now, so definitely last game today, and I have a marathon mountain bike race tomorrow morning, followed by a food and wine binge :) So no gaming tomorrow either, but might get another go on Monday sometime.

Thats an awesome score, set MAME up on the sisters PC and using the NAMCO PS joystick , very arcadish , showed the 13 year old nephew how to set up an emulator using MALA he now has SNES, NES, Atari 2600 (bless him) and now working on PinMame. Letting him do it himself seems pretty switched on :)

Will have to get into a few more games, only got one bananna in that game, some big Amidar scores coming out, better to run towards the enemies in this game sometimes ;) I find as they always go to the first line

better to run towards the enemies in this game sometimes ;) I find as they always go to the first line

Yeah, I slapped my head when I *finally* realised that the enemies are slaves to the grid format! D'oh.. Certainly preserves your jump escapes when you can just sit there and wait for them to turn off away from you. Enjoying the game but not sure I'll have time for any more cracks at it, busy with interstate family today and away all day tomorrow. (picking up some cabs, wheeee)

Massive score Rat, nice one, can't really see that being trumped, anyone ?

Had a couple more games today, the best I could do with more sleep was 150k.

Fun and fair game, I find it much easier than Pacman.

Thanks to those who appreciated my score, but to be honest I am surprised that no-one has beaten it yet. I really think it's a fairly easy game that I play well, but not uber skilled.

Had a couple more games today, the best I could do with more sleep was 150k.

Fun and fair game, I find it much easier than Pacman.

Thanks to those who appreciated my score, but to be honest I am surprised that no-one has beaten it yet. I really think it's a fairly easy game that I play well, but not uber skilled.

Check my original score post :D

MGL - X

Game 11 Results

Game 11 is officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores

Results for Game 11: Amidar

1. DKong 191,070

25 points

2. Rat 174,030

20 points

3. kane 138,150

16 points

4. Jammasized 101,140

13 points

5. wingtipvortex 68,560

11 points

6. MonoJoker 15,220

10 points

7. SectionZ 12,150

9 points

Leaderboard has been updated

Well done DKong :)

WTF happened to Ramere? I had stupid posts come up from his facebook games, has he lost interest, surely not he has been dedicated and was wining, he must have lost his mind?

Now 1942........from memory i could get near a mill on this, something rings a bell about a 10mill bonus? maybe? too pissed to care ATM

I will get a chance to play a bit tomorrow, then for a couple of hours just before close, so i don't hold much hope.

I would like to see Ramere win anyway, I already have a trophy :)

I just plain forgot to post, same with the other league. :redface

I would have came last in this one anyway, not my cup of tea.

Pretty happy with 1942 though, will give that top score a decent nudge

3rd game I've not posted a score in costing me 19 points, foot full of bullet holes.... :realmad:

Well done DKong :)

WTF happened to Ramere? I had stupid posts come up from his facebook games, has he lost interest, surely not he has been dedicated and was wining, he must have lost his mind?

Now 1942........from memory i could get near a mill on this, something rings a bell about a 10mill bonus? maybe? too pissed to care ATM

I will get a chance to play a bit tomorrow, then for a couple of hours just before close, so i don't hold much hope.

I would like to see Ramere win anyway, I already have a trophy :)

10 mill bonus comes up after defeating the final ship, no chance of getting there on 1 credit....