Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGL - X Game 8: Bomb Jack (Set 1) (Tehkan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL - X Game 8: Bomb Jack (Set 1) (Tehkan)

Game 8: Bomb Jack (Set 1) (Tehkan)
    Rom: bombjack

Randomly selected from the MGL Xgame list, game 10 on the list

Nominated by Wingtipvortex

Current hiscore held by wingtipvortex 2,144,430

Manufacturer: Tehkan
    Year: 1984
    Class: Wide Release
    Genre: Platform
    Type: Videogame
    Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical
    Type: Raster: Standard Resolution
    CRT: Color
    Conversion Class: Tehkan
    Number of Simultaneous Players: 1
    Maximum number of Players: 2
    Gameplay: Alternating
    Control Panel Layout: Single Player
    Controls:
    Joystick: 8-way
    Buttons: 1 [Jump]
    Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Dip switch settings

Lives 3
    Bird Speed Easy
    Enemies Number & Speed Medium
    Special Coin Easy

Bomb Jack Description

A platform game where the object is to collect bombs. Extra bonuses are awarded for collecting bombs with their fuses lit. When you get killed you drop to the nearest platform always landing on your head. Levels begin to repeat after level 18.

Game Introduction

Collect all the bombs to complete a screen. Only one bomb at a time has a lit fuse. Collect 20 or more of these lit bombs on a level for a bonus (10k to 50k). Avoid the various monsters who chase you. Monsters are drawn in a very distinctive grey color and have a 3D look. There are various background pictures on each level (e.g. the Sphinx, skyscrapers, a castle).
    Game Play

Monsters move in different patterns. For example, the bird character always moves towards you slowly, but it can only move horizontallly or vertically.
    Grab the powerball when it appears to freeze the monsters for a short period of time during which you can kill them simply by touching them. Collect the "Bonus" symbols to increase the score for each lit bomb collected. Pick up an "Extra" symbol for an additional man and a "Special" symbol for an extra credit.

Hit the Jump button to fly up the screen until the button is released. Tap the Fly button when falling to slow the character's descent.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?...=7180&letter=B)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL X thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
    Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 22nd of February BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong
    Last edited by DKong; 17th February 2010, 06:56 PM.
    sigpic

Wingtipvortex that is one hell of a high score

Never been o'fay with this game. Hmmm. Time for learnin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
      Wingtipvortex that is one hell of a high score

Never been o'fay with this game. Hmmm. Time for learnin'.
      I still wonder how he managed that, we were hoping he would show us how to play at the Spazzy in Tassie meet Think he cracked around 7,000 going into his last man
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
        I still wonder how he managed that, we were hoping he would show us how to play at the Spazzy in Tassie meet Think he cracked around 7,000 going into his last man

I think i was pretty shit at everything that night

Comment

Thats a massive score well done mate!

Comment

Removed score as dips were set wrong, i think having them on harder means more enemies=more score.

New score with dips set at default( EASY, MEDIUM, EASY ) and using set 1

I am done!! I started at 6am and this game can now shove itself up its own ass!
            Last edited by wingtipvortex; 20th February 2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

OMG

Here comes another 5 points LOL
              Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
              DSB Electrical Facebook
              VAPS
              Vector Monitor Repro Parts
              Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

Ahhh trust this one to come up on a busy week for me, going to Sydney for ACDC tomorrow.

Still might get a bit of time to play on Sat night, that will be it, one shot at the title. Yeah I feel ready (Dunno how I will feel after a 70,000 people mosh pit)
                Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

This seems alot harder than I remember with the dips on hard.

Earlier versions of mame had the dips set easier !

Great game, one of my favs

SZ

Comment

I think we play with the dips on medium, thats what ive played this game on.
                    Dk, can you confirm what settings mate.

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                      I think we play with the dips on medium, thats what ive played this game on.
                      Dk, can you confirm what settings mate.

Both MAME default dips I have are

Lives 3
                      Bird Speed Easy
                      Special Coin Easy

I couldn't do the dips last night as I wasn't close to a MAME setup

Also the rom is bombjack , game is (Set 2), I will update the first post
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                        Both MAME default dips I have are

Lives 3
                        Bird Speed Easy
                        Special Coin Easy

I couldn't do the dips last night as I wasn't close to a MAME setup

Also the rom is bombjack , game is (Set 2), I will update the first post
                        Thanks for the update - Thats the settings Ive always played on even in the arcade!

Mame has updated the defaults to hard, hard, easy - which also matches the factory defaults according to the manual!

I'm playing on my original board so I wanted to make sure I got the right settings

Comment

In my mame 0.135 it says that (bombjack)rom is set1 and that set2 (bombjack2)rom is a clone of set1

Also noticed that when I checked the dips there was an option to change the scores to get a free man. This should be set at "none".
                          Last edited by Rat; 17th February 2010, 08:59 AM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
                          Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                            In my mame 0.135 it says that (bombjack)rom is set1 and that set2 (bombjack2)rom is a clone of set1

Also noticed that when I checked the dips there was an option to change the scores to get a free man. This should be set at "none".
                            Thanks Rat, Is there any difference between Set 1 and Set 2 should we play Set 1
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post

Been playing set 2 for some time, downloaded set 1 and played for a couple of hours, cant see any difference Maybe go set 1 as thats what they play on Twin Galaxies.

I cant seem to find anywhere on 1 or 2 to adjust a free life? There is an option to adjust default high score though. Its set on 10,000 by default.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X