Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGL - X Game 8: Bomb Jack (Set 1) (Tehkan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booya! Cracked 100k

I'd forgotten what a fun game this is, always wished I knew more about it. The game has a real nice combination of chaos and precision that makes it so playable.

Q: Should you always try to get the bombs in 'lit' sequence ? This seems to set off the 'P' bonus earlier...and is there an easy way to get the 'B' bonus come out sooner?

Edit: Score update
    Last edited by Jed; 20th February 2010, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
      Booya! Cracked 100k

I'd forgotten what a fun game this is, always wished I knew more about it. The game has a real nice combination of chaos and precision that makes it so playable.

Q: Should you always try to get the bombs in 'lit' sequence ? This seems to set off the 'P' bonus earlier...and is there an easy way to get the 'B' bonus come out sooner?
      If you get the lit bombs in sequence, you will receive 50K at the end of each level.
      So by the end of level 2 , you will have cracked 100K+

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
        If you get the lit bombs in sequence, you will receive 50K at the end of each level.
        Wow....! thanks for the tip. It took me 14 levels to get my 150k

Comment

Been playing set 2 for some time, downloaded set 1 and played for a couple of hours, cant see any difference Maybe go set 1 as thats what they play on Twin Galaxies.

I cant seem to find anywhere on 1 or 2 to adjust a free life? There is an option to adjust default high score though. Its set on 10,000 by default.
          The adjusting free life comes out in later MAME versions for some reason, just set it to none if anyone is running this version of MAME.

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
          Booya! Cracked 100k

The P comes out once the bar at the top of the screen maxes out (around the X bonus you are on) I think the lit bombs increase it quicker.

Also the B comes out every 5000 points so if you are close to a 5000 point multiple flap your wings (wiggle joystick) against sides to get small point increases.

Thats right learning the patterns helps but the lit bombs are lit one after another in rows..
          Last edited by DKong; 17th February 2010, 01:29 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
          sigpic

Comment

Been playing set 2 for some time, downloaded set 1 and played for a couple of hours, cant see any difference Maybe go set 1 as thats what they play on Twin Galaxies.

I cant seem to find anywhere on 1 or 2 to adjust a free life? There is an option to adjust default high score though. Its set on 10,000 by default.
            The older version (set 2) says 'YOU ARE LUCY' instead of 'YOU ARE LUCKY'. when you collect the special - no game play difference.

The free life setting is to do with the first three switches on dip2 - the manual states these should be left off. Someone must of figured out what they did 'ie bonus life @ 100k' so it was added to mame in later versions.

Comment

Originally posted by SectionZ View Post
              The older version (set 2) says 'YOU ARE LUCY' instead of 'YOU ARE LUCKY'. when you collect the special - no game play difference.

The free life setting is to do with the first three switches on dip2 - the manual states these should be left off. Someone must of figured out what they did 'ie bonus life @ 100k' so it was added to mame in later versions.
              I did notice on level 6 ( the second pyramid/sphinx screen) the enemies are different. Set 2 gives you the silver diagonal bouncing ones but set 1 gives the black homing (I hate them) ones.
              It really ruins the way I do that pattern as I can loop around quickly and get up the bottom right hand side on Set 2 but set 1 it won't happen
              So there is a difference in the sets and probably more than I just noticed.
              So Set 1 it is.
              sigpic

Comment

Thats right. Funny thing is, "YOU ARE LUCY" is what i remember from my arcade days? Maybe we should be playing the original arcade version

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                  I did notice on level 6 ( the second pyramid/sphinx screen) the enemies are different. Set 2 gives you the silver diagonal bouncing ones but set 1 gives the black homing (I hate them) ones.
                  It really ruins the way I do that pattern as I can loop around quickly and get up the bottom right hand side on Set 2 but set 1 it won't happen
                  So there is a difference in the sets and probably more than I just noticed.
                  So Set 1 it is.
                  Actually I was just having the same trouble on level 6 getting killed bottom right.
                  Need to rethink that pattern...

Best so far is around 500k hope to crack the mil

Comment

Round 29, have managed nearly this score on round 17 didn't point push on this game and just went for some "free balling" or is that "free bombing" takes a bit of pressure off

Actually I was just having the same trouble on level 6 getting killed bottom right.
                    Need to rethink that pattern...

Best so far is around 500k hope to crack the mil
                    You are on course it is possible to get 1,000,000 on level 10 but that is with enemies set to hard I think as it releases 2 birds at the start giving you more "B" bonus's with the P best I ever did was just over 900,000.
                    Plus you have to get the P when it is silver as it gives you 2000 points and X 5 is 10,000 right there and the P kill can net 50,000 points with X bonus right up and get all enemies
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by DKong; 17th February 2010, 05:53 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
                    sigpic

Comment

Starting to get the hang of it, was completely useless the first night of practise though.
                      Last edited by kane; 22nd February 2010, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Best so far...
                        Last edited by SectionZ; 22nd February 2010, 07:04 AM. Reason: Score

Comment

Rapt that this game is up, one of my all time fav's.

Had problems with the external hard drive that I had my mame files on, lost everything including the wife's photo's so haven't been able to play on the internet PC.

Luckily I had also saved mame to an old PC that isn't connected to the net so playing on that. Pretty confident I'll get a bigger score (gunning for that hi score, just worried about how high Rat goes) so I'll wait until Monday to save a snap shot onto a zip drive & post it on here.

This is the only game I got over 2 nil with, get to approx 1.5 - 1.8 mil regularly. Big thanks to this Youtube, gave me some good hints on patterns (hope this doesn't constitute cheating...). Must say the dude on here has an insane skill level, not idea what his DIP setting are for bird speed but worth checking out.....
                          www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvHk6LTh-Ks
                          Last edited by Ramere; 21st February 2010, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramere View Post
                            Rapt that this game is up, one of my all time fav's.

Had problems with the external hard drive that I had my mame files on, lost everything including the wife's photo's so haven't been able to play on the internet PC.

Luckily I had also saved mame to an old PC that isn't connected to the net so playing on that. Pretty confident I'll get a bigger score (gunning for that hi score, just worried about how high Rat goes) so I'll wait until Monday to save a snap shot onto a zip drive & post it on here.
                            Did you also have a backup of the photos somewhere? if not I have a mate who is fairly handy with data recovery.

I'm going to set aside a couple of hours to play Bomb Jack tonight, start worrying
                            Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

I am done!! I started at 6am and this game can now shove itself up its own ass!

Massive score

I'm improving for a Bumjack n00b approaching 300k now... but i'm so far off you guys though it's a bit sad

Comment

Found a couple of hours to play, had about 6 games and only really got in the zone once.

Not enough for the record score...will it be enough for MGL X ?
                                Attached Files
                                Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X