Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGL - X Game 6: Xevious

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MGL - X Game 6: Xevious

    Game 6: Xevious
    Rom: xevious (namco)

    Randomly selected from the MGL Xgame list, game 68 on the list

    Nominated by ?




    Current hiscore held by Berty 637,250



    Manufacturer: Namco
    Year: 1982
    Class: Wide Release
    Genre: Shooter
    Type: Videogame
    Monitor:

    Orientation: Vertical
    Type: Raster: Standard Resolution
    CRT: Color
    19-inch Matsushita
    Conversion Class: unique
    Number of Simultaneous Players: 1
    Maximum number of Players: 2
    Gameplay: Alternating
    Control Panel Layout: Single Player Ambidextrous
    Controls:
    Joystick: 8-way
    Buttons: 2 [Blaster|Zapper]
    Sound: Unamplified Mono (requires one-channel amp)




    Dip switch settings

    will update soon

    Xevious Description

    Player controls a fighter with guns and bombs that must infiltrate a highly defended area and destroy everything in sight. Overall goal is to wipe out the motherships that pop up periodically.



    (http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?...10505&letter=X)






    Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL X thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
    Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

    Your scores need to be in by next Monday 1st of February BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

    DKong
    sigpic

  • #2
    Thanks Ben
    Regards

    Dez

    DSB Electrical
    DSB Electrical Facebook
    VAPS
    Vector Monitor Repro Parts
    Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

    Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

    Comment


    • #3
      this was a bloody magic game to play, i still remember feeding in 20 cents to this machine like it was confetti when i was a kid to play it
      rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
      if your new to electronics and

      Comment


      • #4
        It's pretty fancy looking for a 1982 game, ahead of it's time by a few years I think.

        The scrolling makes my eyes go funky though...

        Comment


        • #5
          I've never beat the first stage of this game.

          Maybe i will this time.......

          Comment


          • #6
            131,330

            I'll get the ball rolling. Died at the the second Saucer. My PB isn't that far off this score, embarrassing.

            What's not to like about xevious! Like Kane said, it was ahead of it's time. The graphics were pretty damn cool for 1982 and it's got the fun factor.

            I just wish I was better at it, that AA high score is kind of

            Comment


            • #7
              I can not play this on a keyboard - Arggghhhhhhh!!
              "Beer, it does a belly good!"

              Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi guys, I don't mean to sound like a "spoil sport" but for those of you shooting for the high score, Berty's record high score was the result of a program glitch or something and not a "genuine" high score. From memory I think he mentioned that when he posted his score.....just thought I'd mention it
                This is a great game - good luck guys!
                Man cannot live with just one pinball.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Shock_And_Awe View Post
                  Hi guys, I don't mean to sound like a "spoil sport" but for those of you shooting for the high score, Berty's record high score was the result of a program glitch or something and not a "genuine" high score. From memory I think he mentioned that when he posted his score.....just thought I'd mention it
                  This is a great game - good luck guys!
                  This is ripped from google, sounds like it shouldn't be allowed here. ->
                  There is a nasty... bug is it? For Xevious... if you insert your credit just as it hits into the demo mode and start quick enough, the game can start you with an impenetrable wall of Silver Squares, which if shot, can seriously crank your points past a Million and load the extra lives INSANELY!
                  <-

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kane View Post
                    This is ripped from google, sounds like it shouldn't be allowed here. ->
                    There is a nasty... bug is it? For Xevious... if you insert your credit just as it hits into the demo mode and start quick enough, the game can start you with an impenetrable wall of Silver Squares, which if shot, can seriously crank your points past a Million and load the extra lives INSANELY!
                    <-
                    Thank you for the warning

                    So all scores over a million are sus then LOL
                    Last edited by dezbaz; 27th January 2010, 06:07 AM.
                    Regards

                    Dez

                    DSB Electrical
                    DSB Electrical Facebook
                    VAPS
                    Vector Monitor Repro Parts
                    Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

                    Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      FFS its all about having fun if you want to cheat you are only robbing your own soul. PLay the the freakiin game be a man, too many times.

                      Some of you guys are real poofters
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DKong View Post
                        FFS its all about having fun if you want to cheat you are only robbing your own soul. PLay the the freakiin game be a man, too many times.

                        Some of you guys are real poofters
                        yeoooowww??

                        Did you read the thread properly Ben, it was a warning, not advice mate
                        Regards

                        Dez

                        DSB Electrical
                        DSB Electrical Facebook
                        VAPS
                        Vector Monitor Repro Parts
                        Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

                        Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dezbaz View Post
                          yeoooowww??

                          Did you read the thread properly Ben, it was a warning, not advice mate
                          Sorry was really really drunk when posting that, actually didn't remember till I just read it

                          Sorry again!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DKong View Post
                            Sorry was really really drunk when posting that, actually didn't remember till I just read it

                            Sorry again!
                            LOL

                            No probs
                            Regards Old Poof Dez
                            Regards

                            Dez

                            DSB Electrical
                            DSB Electrical Facebook
                            VAPS
                            Vector Monitor Repro Parts
                            Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

                            Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dezbaz View Post
                              No probs
                              Regards Old Poof Dez
                              Roffle. Has anyone tried this 'cheat' on Xevious yet to see if it's true ? I could never get the dactyl trick to work on Joust.

                              There's a trick where you can get a whole extra ten points and the developer's name pops up on the screen if you carpet bomb the right side of the screen from the outset I think. Ten points! Daring do...

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X