Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - X Game 6: Xevious

Game 6: Xevious

Rom: xevious (namco)

Randomly selected from the MGL Xgame list, game 68 on the list

Nominated by ?

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242188119.jpg

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242188124.png

Current hiscore held by Berty 637,250

Manufacturer: Namco

Year: 1982

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Shooter

Type: Videogame

Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

19-inch Matsushita

Conversion Class: unique

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player Ambidextrous

Controls:

Joystick: 8-way

Buttons: 2 [blaster|Zapper]

Sound: Unamplified Mono (requires one-channel amp)

Dip switch settings

will update soon

Xevious Description

Player controls a fighter with guns and bombs that must infiltrate a highly defended area and destroy everything in sight. Overall goal is to wipe out the motherships that pop up periodically.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10505&letter=X)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL X thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 1st of February BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong

I'll get the ball rolling. Died at the the second Saucer. My PB isn't that far off this score, embarrassing.

What's not to like about xevious! Like Kane said, it was ahead of it's time. The graphics were pretty damn cool for 1982 and it's got the fun factor.

I just wish I was better at it, that AA high score is kind of :o

Hi guys, I don't mean to sound like a "spoil sport" but for those of you shooting for the high score, Berty's record high score was the result of a program glitch or something and not a "genuine" high score. From memory I think he mentioned that when he posted his score.....just thought I'd mention it ;)

This is a great game - good luck guys!

Hi guys, I don't mean to sound like a "spoil sport" but for those of you shooting for the high score, Berty's record high score was the result of a program glitch or something and not a "genuine" high score. From memory I think he mentioned that when he posted his score.....just thought I'd mention it ;)

This is a great game - good luck guys!

This is ripped from google, sounds like it shouldn't be allowed here. ->

There is a nasty... bug is it? For Xevious... if you insert your credit just as it hits into the demo mode and start quick enough, the game can start you with an impenetrable wall of Silver Squares, which if shot, can seriously crank your points past a Million and load the extra lives INSANELY!

<-

This is ripped from google, sounds like it shouldn't be allowed here. ->

There is a nasty... bug is it? For Xevious... if you insert your credit just as it hits into the demo mode and start quick enough, the game can start you with an impenetrable wall of Silver Squares, which if shot, can seriously crank your points past a Million and load the extra lives INSANELY!

<-

Thank you for the warning

So all scores over a million are sus then LOL :lol:lol:lol:lol

Edited by dezbaz

FFS its all about having fun if you want to cheat you are only robbing your own soul. PLay the the freakiin game be a man, :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes too many times.

Some of you guys are real poofters:p

yeoooowww??

Did you read the thread properly Ben, it was a warning, not advice mate

No probs

Regards Old Poof Dez

Roffle. Has anyone tried this 'cheat' on Xevious yet to see if it's true ? I could never get the dactyl trick to work on Joust.

There's a trick where you can get a whole extra ten points and the developer's name pops up on the screen if you carpet bomb the right side of the screen from the outset I think. Ten points! Daring do...

Roffle. Has anyone tried this 'cheat' on Xevious yet to see if it's true ? I could never get the dactyl trick to work on Joust.

There's a trick where you can get a whole extra ten points and the developer's name pops up on the screen if you carpet bomb the right side of the screen from the outset I think. Ten points! Daring do...

Just tried it, it works (pic)

The dactyl bug/cheat was removed for the green / white label we used, think it works on the red label or earlier romset anyway.

SZ

:D never knew about the 800,000 one! just tried it too, you get a heap of lives as well

for the other trick bomb the dark patch at the far right in the forest at the start

after this, there are many hidden towers and a few extra lives

the hidden targets are seen as your crosshairs flash when moving over them

- bomb tower locations once for the tower to rise, bomb again to collect points, not so easy

- bomb extra life locations reveals a flag much like rally-x , move ship over flag to collect extra life

need a good memory and patience

:D never knew about the 800,000 one! just tried it too, you get a heap of lives as well

for the other trick bomb the dark patch at the far right in the forest at the start

after this, there are many hidden towers and a few extra lives

the hidden targets are seen as your crosshairs flash when moving over them

- bomb tower locations once for the tower to rise, bomb again to collect points, not so easy

- bomb extra life locations reveals a flag much like rally-x , move ship over flag to collect extra life

need a good memory and patience

I don't get the point of posting these short cuts to high scores. How is Xevious meant to be played ?

For the record, the score I posted is without any secrets, cheats, dark patch forest bombing, easy extra lifes, etc etc etc :boring:

First game in many years, so not a bad effort by my standards. Refreshing to have no power ups, so after getting hit you get back into it without being penalized.

I might not have time for another game as I'm off to compete in Wildside tomorrow. http://www.wildsidemtb.com/index.html

(I did get time for another go, gave Jamma a reason to play again, I think this score will get smashed though. I recon I could get 200k plus with a few more games)

0001.png.9b072a96076e744fa3db574889eba8ac.png

Edited by Rat
score update

I don't get the point of posting these short cuts to high scores. How is Xevious meant to be played ?

For the record, the score I posted is without any secrets, cheats, dark patch forest bombing, easy extra lifes, etc etc etc :boring:

The point is the current MGL high score apparently used what is obviously a cheat/bug that should not be allowed here!

The dark patch forset bombing is an easter egg that should not be allowed either as it may change the state of the game IMO.

The towers and flags are just part of the game.

I posted a pic, not a score :rolleyes

Hopefully that clears that up, now back to the game :)

Cheers SZ

The point is the current MGL high score apparently used what is obviously a cheat/bug that should not be allowed here!

The dark patch forset bombing is an easter egg that should not be allowed either as it may change the state of the game IMO.

The towers and flags are just part of the game.

I posted a pic, not a score :rolleyes

Hopefully that clears that up, now back to the game :)

Cheers SZ

Yeh, I know :rolleyes

I wasn't referring to yours - clearly your posted picture was meant to show the cheat in pratice, ie, a million points, and obviously not a real score.

I was referring to the post where a whole lot of 'cheats' or easter eggs were pointed out and listed, ie, how to use them. That's what I don't see the point of.

I now return you to your original programming ;)