MGL - X Game 6: Xevious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shabu View Post
    Roffle. Has anyone tried this 'cheat' on Xevious yet to see if it's true ? I could never get the dactyl trick to work on Joust.

There's a trick where you can get a whole extra ten points and the developer's name pops up on the screen if you carpet bomb the right side of the screen from the outset I think. Ten points! Daring do...
    Just tried it, it works (pic)

The dactyl bug/cheat was removed for the green / white label we used, think it works on the red label or earlier romset anyway.

SZ

Comment

never knew about the 800,000 one! just tried it too, you get a heap of lives as well

for the other trick bomb the dark patch at the far right in the forest at the start

after this, there are many hidden towers and a few extra lives
      the hidden targets are seen as your crosshairs flash when moving over them

- bomb tower locations once for the tower to rise, bomb again to collect points, not so easy

- bomb extra life locations reveals a flag much like rally-x , move ship over flag to collect extra life

need a good memory and patience

Comment

cool...looks like user "sectionz" is winning by a mile then
        rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
        if your new to electronics and

Comment

Originally posted by Mikie View Post
          never knew about the 800,000 one! just tried it too, you get a heap of lives as well

for the other trick bomb the dark patch at the far right in the forest at the start

after this, there are many hidden towers and a few extra lives
          the hidden targets are seen as your crosshairs flash when moving over them

- bomb tower locations once for the tower to rise, bomb again to collect points, not so easy

- bomb extra life locations reveals a flag much like rally-x , move ship over flag to collect extra life

need a good memory and patience
          I don't get the point of posting these short cuts to high scores. How is Xevious meant to be played ?

For the record, the score I posted is without any secrets, cheats, dark patch forest bombing, easy extra lifes, etc etc etc

Comment

First game in many years, so not a bad effort by my standards. Refreshing to have no power ups, so after getting hit you get back into it without being penalized.

I might not have time for another game as I'm off to compete in Wildside tomorrow. http://www.wildsidemtb.com/index.html

(I did get time for another go, gave Jamma a reason to play again, I think this score will get smashed though. I recon I could get 200k plus with a few more games)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Rat; 28th January 2010, 05:16 PM. Reason: score update
            Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
              I don't get the point of posting these short cuts to high scores. How is Xevious meant to be played ?

For the record, the score I posted is without any secrets, cheats, dark patch forest bombing, easy extra lifes, etc etc etc
              The point is the current MGL high score apparently used what is obviously a cheat/bug that should not be allowed here!

The dark patch forset bombing is an easter egg that should not be allowed either as it may change the state of the game IMO.

The towers and flags are just part of the game.

I posted a pic, not a score

Hopefully that clears that up, now back to the game

Cheers SZ

Comment

Originally posted by SectionZ View Post
                The point is the current MGL high score apparently used what is obviously a cheat/bug that should not be allowed here!

The dark patch forset bombing is an easter egg that should not be allowed either as it may change the state of the game IMO.

The towers and flags are just part of the game.

I posted a pic, not a score

Hopefully that clears that up, now back to the game

Cheers SZ
                Yeh, I know

I wasn't referring to yours - clearly your posted picture was meant to show the cheat in pratice, ie, a million points, and obviously not a real score.

I was referring to the post where a whole lot of 'cheats' or easter eggs were pointed out and listed, ie, how to use them. That's what I don't see the point of.

I now return you to your original programming

Comment

i was stirring the pot by sayin sectionz had the highest score
                  rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on

Comment

Originally posted by @lien_Zed View Post
                    i was stirring the pot by sayin sectionz had the highest score
                    You very bad man!!!
                    Good game, but a bit on the slow side( im not saying its easy ), just slow.
                    Will give this a good work out though, as i have always liked it

Comment

i thought it was *obvious*

obviously not

Comment

obviously not
                        Nothing is obvious these days mate, but many things are taken the wrong way. Im sure know one meant any harm.........but its game on lads

Comment

obviously not
                          Just curious, who thought it was a genuine score? No one that i can see

I like the way this game uses a 3 second loop of sfx as it's backing track. Sort of just blends nicer than some of the game music of this era.

Comment

its all good... have a few beers and it will al make a lot more sense to you then

Comment

I agree cheats should be strung up by their balls and flogged to within an inch of their lives. BTW I think I just got the world record on my first game:

Cheers
                              LT.

Comment

Originally posted by MonoJoker View Post
                                I agree cheats should be strung up by their balls and flogged to within an inch of their lives.
                                I can think of one that wasn,t Its all good to make these comments, but no one seems to have the kahunas to make it public......except one or two.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X