No announcement yet.

MGL - X Game 5: Joust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like this one takes a lot of practise to get used to the flapping.
    Last edited by kane; 25th January 2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

NewPlayers?

Hi there,

Do you accept new players mid-season?
      Currently playing this on a UK-based league (not even reached 30K yet )

Like the list of nominations for future rounds that you've got pending and would like to join in......

PS. Can I add to the nominations should I be able to join.

Many thanks in advance, Andy
      Retro Gaming RoundUp
      A now oldish (3 years) Retro Gaming podcast with an eye-watering 5 hours plus of content per month. News, Reviews, Top-10s, etc - Also has a bit on Pinball which cant be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by HOW View Post
        Hi there,

Do you accept new players mid-season?
        Currently playing this on a UK-based league (not even reached 30K yet )

Like the list of nominations for future rounds that you've got pending and would like to join in......

PS. Can I add to the nominations should I be able to join.

Many thanks in advance, Andy
        Sure anyone can join anytime
        The nomination list closed prior to the start of this MGL, but you will be more than welcome to nominate games for MGL 11 when that starts.
        Oh and Welcome
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HOW View Post
          Currently playing this on a UK-based league
          Welcome and could you post a link to the uk league - I'd like to check it out.

Yet to get a chance to play Joust this round. Will have a go tomorrow.

Somebody please take out Jammasized.

Comment

Originally posted by shabu View Post
            Welcome and could you post a link to the uk league - I'd like to check it out.

Yet to get a chance to play Joust this round. Will have a go tomorrow.

Somebody please take out Jammasized.
            With all these different leagues bobbing up I can see a world comp happening in the future How would that be, a few representatives from each forum( eg Ausie Arcade , UK league, XXXX In 1 Modification Site) battling it out in a World MAME Competion, The WMC
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
              With all these different leagues bobbing up I can see a world comp happening in the future How would that be, a few representatives from each forum( eg Ausie Arcade , UK league, XXXX In 1 Modification Site) battling it out in a World MAME Competion, The WMC
              +1 to that idea for sure ! Like it a lot. Definitely has potential and could only be good for everyone involved.

I need to get my cab back in to playable shape. I've been tinkering with the OS for a few weeks now. I'll reimage the drive and give Joust a go tomorrow. Lurve that game.

PS : 2yr old daughter said tonight "It's on like donkey kong, baby"... the "baby" part was her own adlib but I'm hoping she sticks with the saying. Proper laugh to hear her say it.

Comment

+1 to that idea for sure ! Like it a lot. Definitely has potential and could only be good for everyone involved.

I need to get my cab back in to playable shape. I've been tinkering with the OS for a few weeks now. I'll reimage the drive and give Joust a go tomorrow. Lurve that game.

PS : 2yr old daughter said tonight "It's on like donkey kong, baby"... the "baby" part was her own adlib but I'm hoping she sticks with the saying. Proper laugh to hear her say it.
                That is too cute, I can just see her saying that.

Imagine the geeky national uniforms for contestants in a world gaming league I reckon they'd call the Aussie team the 'RetroRoos' seeing as in this country we seem to call our national teams the xxxxRoos.

I checked out the other UK league that Andy posted - they play a whole lot of systems at once like C64, Spectrum, et al. More an overall Retro platform League than a classic Arcade league. Which is cool if you have all the emus+games I guess.

This hot weather is making me drink way too much beer

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post

This hot weather is making me drink way too much beer
                  Beer is good for you

Comment

Ah, I love Joust :-)

Still as hard as i remember too!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by xen; 25th January 2010, 10:43 AM. Reason: Score update

Comment

Had a go of this yesterday... jesus - I've lost my mojo.

Comment

Had a go of this yesterday... jesus - I've lost my mojo.
                        I am going to have a few games today and see if can beat my 50,000 score, some how I think that will be unlikely, spending more time on this one than the other games so far and not getting much better
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                          I am going to have a few games today and see if can beat my 50,000 score, some how I think that will be unlikely, spending more time on this one than the other games so far and not getting much better
                          It's one of those games where you need to play it solidly to achieve a zone-like state. Once I'm in the zone I can hover around 150k fairly consistently. Haven't played this game for a long time now after maxing-out the top 5 slots on Jammasized's machine a year or so ago. I know he's finally taken no.1 slot on his machine while practising for this tourn so if anyone out there is playing with a poker face they'll need to reach for a winnable score. I doubt I'm going to beat his score for this round - and it's one of my all time games. Will be giving it a hammering tomorrow. About to go see Avatar (finally) and then spend the evening with friends so wont get a chance on the cab tonight. Domestic bliss chores this morning while there's been a bit of respite from the sun : Work on the vegie patches and building of the chook sheds. All's cool.

Comment

It's one of those games where you need to play it solidly to achieve a zone-like state. Once I'm in the zone I can hover around 150k fairly consistently. Haven't played this game for a long time now after maxing-out the top 5 slots on Jammasized's machine a year or so ago. I know he's finally taken no.1 slot on his machine while practising for this tourn so if anyone out there is playing with a poker face they'll need to reach for a winnable score. I doubt I'm going to beat his score for this round - and it's one of my all time games. Will be giving it a hammering tomorrow. About to go see Avatar (finally) and then spend the evening with friends so wont get a chance on the cab tonight. Domestic bliss chores this morning while there's been a bit of respite from the sun : Work on the vegie patches and building of the chook sheds. All's cool.
                            Sounds like you had breakfast with Bob there

Edit: Score update in previous post, made it to Wave 23. I finally beat Shabu's top 5 scores on my cab, and how. Took a PB to get there, and I learned some new things about Joust in the later levels.

I'm done with Joust for the week, unless someone goes over the top - speaking of which, where is Ramere ?
                            Last edited by Jed; 24th January 2010, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I didn't even know how to play this at the start of the week

Was stuck on 50k until this game, wave 11 I think, good nom, good game

Updated, wave 13.
                              Last edited by SectionZ; 24th January 2010, 09:34 PM. Reason: update score

Comment

Might be a bit late doing the MGL roundup tomorrow night due to last minute organisation of Spazzy in Tassie, either way I will still post the new game on time and cut off times still apply.
                                sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X