Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - X Game 4: Rainbow Islands- The Story of Bubble Bobble 2

Game 4: Rainbow Islands

Rom: rainbow

Randomly selected from the MGL Xgame list, game 52 on the list

Nominated by SectionZ

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242155294.png

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242155297.png

No Current Hi-Score

Manufacturer: Taito

Year: 1987

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Platform

Type: Videogame

Monitor:

Orientation: Horizontal

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

Conversion Class: Taito Classic

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player Ambidextrous

Controls:

Joystick: 2-way (left, right)

Buttons: 2 [Fire|Jump]

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Dip switch settings

will update soon

Rainbow Islands - The Story Of Bubble Bobble 2 Description

Platform game with players racing to reach the top of each level by jumping on platforms. Players can fire rainbows to kill enemies or to stand on. Bonus points are scored by collecting items dotted around level and bonuses left by killing enemies.

Game Play

Bub and Bob, from Bubble Bobble, are asked to rescue the Rainbow Islands. They get the power to create rainbows to jump on and hit enemies with. There are lots of special items: speed-up, power-up, kill everything, invulnerability. Also, there are lots of secrets and dozens of items that can only be seen if things are done in a certain order.

Kill enemies by hitting them with rainbows or by crushing rainbows on their head. There are seven levels each with four rounds. Holding down the jump button will allow you to jump onto rainbows without crushing them.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9255)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL X thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 18th of January BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong

Erm - I have a question..

Reading up on this game, there are a bunch of 'cheats' you can enter before you start the game to give you certain advantages in the game.

Are these kosher to use? I figure they're not cheats in MAME (i.e. part of the original game), so wasn't sure.

Anyway, fun game - very good antidote to a week of Bagman pain :-)

Reading up on this game, there are a bunch of 'cheats' you can enter before you start the game to give you certain advantages in the game.

Are these kosher to use? I figure they're not cheats in MAME (i.e. part of the original game), so wasn't sure.

Amen to that!!!

We had the same problem with Bubble Bobble as you can enter cheats or tricks to gain certain advantages, like unlimited fireballs all the time.

We all decided it was not ethical to do this, I would post the thread but all previous MGL's have been deleted prior to MGL 8.

Reckon there will be some huge scores for this one.

http://i49.tinypic.com/n6onwj.png

Got to 1 100 000 with 5 men left & choked from there on in, world 3 is pretty tough.

Actually got a score of 1399910 but PC froze when I hit the snap shot button, same thing happened with Scrambled Egg :(

Edited by Ramere

lost about 3 lives on this score, thought I was in for the mil for sure.

reminds to turn the cabs off down stairs :)

Good game Rainbow jump , rainbow jump, stop jumping, collect potions more rainbows

Whoops sorry mate mate edited your thread instead of quoting it :lol

My post was

eminds to turn the cabs off down stairs :)

Good game Rainbow jump , rainbow jump, stop jumping, collect potions more rainbows

Edited by DKong

lost about 3 lives on this score, thought I was in for the mil for sure.

reminds to turn the cabs off down stairs :)

nice score sz

This time I have a week Yay

Lucky SectionZ told me about Bagman on the last day of the comp LOL

I did post it on my sig, and it was documented the break time :unsure

BTW did you get the t-moulding I sent you ?

Had a few games of this Sunday eve, wasn't really looking forward to playing this one quite so much. Nintendo do this genre 'Cutesy Platformer' so much better than Taito ever did.

Shame, as Taito started off so amazingly with Space Invaders :cool:

Just snapped up 10 original Marquees for my Garage wall, big thanks go to Shabu :D

Edited by Jed