Best so far

Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
    DSB Electrical Facebook
    VAPS
    Vector Monitor Repro Parts
    Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

I'm getting the hang of this now after a bunch of really crap scores. I find it easier than Pengo in that if you just keep moving especially when near that rolling donut head (?) thing you can buy yourself lots of time to bust up the eggs. Keeping the bad dudes away from the chickens is killing me at the moment - lots of blue chickens at I think 200 per go rather than 500 if they're yellow when you boot them off?

I got the bonus on Level 3 or 4 of my best score but NFI how or for what.

Cheers
      LT.
      Attached Files

Comment

Just had a pretty killer run, then lost all 4 lives on level 6 :-(

Definitely agree about watching the rolling tuna head - I started to do a lot better at this once I started anticipating what it was going to do.

If you'd told me two months ago that I would be spending this much time on a game called Scrambled Eggs from 1983, I'd never have believed you
        Last edited by xen; 16th December 2009, 04:19 PM. Reason: Score update

Comment

Originally posted by xen View Post

If you'd told me two months ago that I would be spending this much time on a game called Scrambled Eggs from 1983, I'd never have believed you
          I know exactly what you mean - welcome to the MGL!

I'm very happy to be playing any game from 1979-1986. Plain, simple, and fun. Add your favourite intoxicants, a friend, for a rollicking good time

Comment

Damn you Sukiyaki brothers! You make Boss mad!

These are the MGL rounds I like the best, finding a great playing game you've never heard of before. Good nomination Rat.
            Last edited by kane; 21st December 2009, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Can't believe I've never played this before. One of the more addictive games I've played. I'm getting RSI in the fingers
              Attached Files
              Last edited by MarkJG; 20th December 2009, 07:17 PM. Reason: Removed old score

Comment

I've found the 10,000 bonus... now I keep getting killed trying to get it just like I always used to do in Pengo. I probably need to go to Large Bonuses Anonymous.

Comment

Updated score.

I had a tooth out this afternoon, and am well doped up on painkillers.

Scrambled Eggs is just about perfect for my attention span right now :-P

I've had two games now where I'd left the red chick for last, and been pushed back by the breaking egg into bad guys.

Funny thing is it pops out yellow - if you have more lives it'll award the 10k on restart. If you don't have any more, game over.
                  Last edited by xen; 17th December 2009, 08:29 PM. Reason: Updated score

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	scregg.png
Views:	1
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1780707

As others have already said, I cant believe i haven't played this one before either....good fun....bit hard on the ol carpel tunnel tho!

Umm just curious looking at some of the screen shots...we are all playing the same game right? Scrambled eggs....and not just plain regular Eggs?
                    Shhhhhh........I'm going quietly insane.

Comment

Originally posted by retrogamer View Post
                      [ATTACH]13996[/ATTACH]

Umm just curious looking at some of the screen shots...we are all playing the same game right? Scrambled eggs....and not just plain regular Eggs?
                      On mine, eggs comes up with a pale blue background and your little red round thing has feet and a hat.

Comment

Yeah MarkJG that is Eggs, but i requested the nomination be changed to the original game of "Scrambled Eggs" instead of the clone.

look up Scrambled Eggs in your rom list.

Sorry for the confusion.

Glad some are enjoying this game
                        Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Sorry about that, I should have said that my description was for when I had a look at the clone to see the difference. But yeah, what a great game, been there all these years and I've never looked at it.

Comment

Just found a bug in the game, got to 107k about round 7 and when an egg hit the rolling dude the game froze up. Seemed like it was probably a real bug in the original game, rather than an emulation problem or my PC.

Bugger, had 2 men left and was going well, easier now that I googled to find out about the 10k bonus

CBF playing again tonight.
                            Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                              Just found a bug in the game, got to 107k about round 7 and when an egg hit the rolling dude the game froze up. Seemed like it was probably a real bug in the original game, rather than an emulation problem or my PC.

Bugger, had 2 men left and was going well, easier now that I googled to find out about the 10k bonus

CBF playing again tonight.

Hey I worked the 10,000 bonus out myself
                              But now the laundry is aired , just keep the red rooster ( chicken) egg for the last of the level and its worth 10,000.
                              Sort of found it by accident ( but thats what I loved about finding Easter eggs in the arcade no internet to google up on ).

Edit : you sort of felt you had an upper hand on a game once you learnt a secret or two
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                                just keep the red rooster ( chicken) egg for the last of the level and its worth 10,000.
                                Thanks for the tip I've been setting 'angry chick' free cause he seemed pretty livid and he runs about the place causing havoc - which I though was good

I think the music suits the game perfectly, these golden age games are so

Edit: Score update. Ah Kane, Curses Well done on the 300k.
                                Last edited by Jed; 21st December 2009, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X