Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - X Game 1: 1941-Counter Attack

Game 1: 1941 Counter Attack

Rom: 1941

Randomly selected from the MGL Xgame list, game 2 on the list

http://www.klov.com/images/10/1076303225.jpg

http://www.klov.com/images/11/118123849017.png

No Current Hi-Score

Manufacturer: Capcom

Year: 1990

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Scrolling Shooter

Type: Videogame

Sub:

Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

Conversion Class: Capcom CPS - JAMMA

Number of Simultaneous Players: 2

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Joint

Control Panel Layout: Multiple Player

Controls:

Joystick: 8-way

Buttons: 2 [Fire|Roll/Special Attack]

Sound: Amplified Stereo (two channel)

1941: Counter Attack Description

Players assume the role of a fighter pilot during WWII and shoot down enemy planes, boats and other assorted structures.

Game Introduction

This game is another shoot-em-up in the same vein as Varth: Operation Thunderstorm, 1942, and 1943 The Battle Of Midway. It essentially combines elements from these games into one sleek package.

Game Play

Players progress through the levels, shooting down planes, tanks, and other assorted enemies. Power-ups and extra lives may be earned as well by shooting down enough enemy planes.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=6765)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL X thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 14th of December BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong

• Like 1

A lot of things happened in 1990. '1941 The Counter Attack' was a huge highlight of that year. I remember people praising the fact that another iteration of the 194x series featured brand new elements such as planes shooting things, and a rolling manouver. People gasped, and flocked to Arcades the world over to play it. :D

Just kidding. Game on, you frakkers.

• Like 1

A lot of things happened in 1990. '1941 The Counter Attack' was a huge highlight of that year. I remember people praising the fact that another iteration of the 194x series featured brand new elements such as planes shooting things, and a rolling manouver. People gasped, and flocked to Arcades the world over to play it. :D

Just kidding. Game on, you frakkers.

:lol I was thinking the same thing, more of the same but this game is pretty :cool:

Some big bonus's and games don't seem to run for eons ( well not atm anyway)

Already had a sore right wrist after a couple of games of mashing and changed my technique a bit.

Still falls into that trap with the bosses where you really just have fire like crazy, that stuff gets boring quickly.

Think there is an unlimited amount of rolls not that I have used many.:unsure

Is there a bonus for getting 100% a managed a 99% with no use of rolls and was awarded no bonus just upgraded to captain or something:unsure

Hit the spiral white and red target with full vitality and it awarded 100,000 about a 1/3 of the way through the first screen.

I have already doubled my best ( not that I ever played this one much before) .

It's good to be back in the swing ,I actually had a cobweb over my MAME cab :lol

• Like 1

its not 1942 but not a bad one first up. over/under on the amount of rsi injuries by weeks end??

How about odds on , wouldn't we need a set number of players for over/under bet :unsure

Scratch2K nominated this game hope he chimes in with some tips and scores ;)

How many continues can I use :D

Yeah I still don't know WTF they started using that option in games, continue your score with another coin, fair enough continue the game but WTF the score, was another nail in the coffin for the good arcade players who supported the industry. IE the rich fat kid always stuffing his face with cream horns who was never good at games suddenly owns all the scores in the arcade:lol

So none:p

Good to bring it up though as its been discussed before in other MGL games and some neewbs might think well why not just continue.

So to everyone new

We work on an honesty policy here thats why we don't play for cash etc and anyway cheats are available for most games if you really want to *cough* win every game.

We ( The MGL players and speak for the majority ) believe in recreating a little bit of that arcade rivalry and play solely for the fun of it, just like the good old 80's ;)

Plus you end up playing games you thought sucked, but have no choice as its game of the week and then find they really do suck :lol then you find some gems:)

So thanks for opening that can of worms Foot :D

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Your welcome DK (I'd better not submit that 2 mill+ score then :bunny:)

Holding down the fire button and doing some dodging while your weapon builds up prevents RSI a bit.

• Like 1

Your welcome DK (I'd better not submit that 2 mill+ score then :bunny:)

Holding down the fire button and doing some dodging while your weapon builds up prevents RSI a bit.

I knew I could count on you:D

2,000,000 should be doable, do you feel that holding tension on who's going to post a score first, thing happening now the midweek is no more.

Maybe a Monday night 1 point bonus to the highest score, gives you 4 hours to submit a score quick thoughts please :laugh:

• Like 1

I think midweek was a good idea just for the fact of people posting a "reference score". Mabye not so much for the points, but just to get peeps posting a score before the second last day of the comp.

I think this was a good idea. Last MGL at this stage, there were scores posted already. It can work both ways i guess, we'll see how it goes though.

• Like 1

alright tips and tricks guys. whats the Hgun number located on bottom of the screen. i drinking stella, what are you drinking dkong?? just made second level and 249700. there is way too much going on in this game. continuing a score is probably about as bad an idea as the lyons forum.

alright tips and tricks guys. whats the Hgun number located on bottom of the screen. i drinking stella, what are you drinking dkong?? just made second level and 249700. there is way too much going on in this game. continuing a score is probably about as bad an idea as the lyons forum.

FatYak Pale Ale from Matilda Bay, not bad

• Like 1