MGL - X Game list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like this.....
    I use similar combos in Bombjack on the keyboard. Not the same as playing the original, but still fun.
    No pic again....

Comment

Well my first(actually second had to configure controls) game for Battlezone for eons and managed 11,000

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
      Looks like this.....
      I use similar combos in Bombjack on the keyboard. Not the same as playing the original, but still fun.
      No pic again....
      Yeah thanks for that helpful information
      Last edited by DKong; 5th January 2010, 04:39 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
        Well my first(actually second had to configure controls) game for Battlezone for eons and managed 11,000

Yeah thanks for that helpful information
        Not much help here
        Its like this on my setup....
        Right Down=Down Arrow

Right up=Up Arrow

Left Down=Left

Left Up=Right

Of course combos of multiple arrow functions will achive your left and right swivel/strafe.

Button 3....whatever the damn you want, i use Numeric Keypad Ins.

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
          Not much help here
          Its like this on my setup....
          Right Down=Down Arrow

Right up=Up Arrow

Left Down=Left

Left Up=Right

Of course combos of multiple arrow functions will achive your left and right swivel/strafe.

Button 3....whatever the damn you want, i use Numeric Keypad Ins.
          Ah ha, growing up trying to play arcade games on apple keyboards back in 1980 I found spreading the hands on the key board was easier ie left hand up/down right hand left right and the using the thumb on the space for the fire button.

Could not imagine using the arrow keys for up/down/left/right for controlling , that would be weird

Edit: talk some sense to me Wingnut
          sigpic

Comment

I'm off to vote YES for Battlezone. With a subwoofer recently installed in the cab these low rumbly games like Space War, Asteroids, etc sound so nice now - and what's more you feel the rumble of explosions in your hands and fingertips

Plus it's just a really fun game, with two joysticks you almost feel like you are back inside that cockpit gazing in wonder at all that green vector goodness.

For people adding this to x in 1 Arcade systems, when I first got my cab I found you need to config your mame.ini to use an overlay graphic, but mod the overlay to be transparent - that's the only way I could get it showing the green vectors like the original, but losing all that screen-hogging tank interior graphics, giving you a bigger field of play to look at.

Cheers

Comment

Battlezone added.
              Total of 69 games , first post of this thread has the complete list.
              sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
              Working...
              X