MGL - T9 Game 12: Liquid Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL - T9 Game 12: Liquid Kids

The Final Game, funny thing is before I hit the random generator I went and had a piss getting reading for the next game and praying to the MGL gods for one I like and so after pissing lots of liquid and generating a few bubbles we get this I have never played the game before, but hear it is good.

Game 12: Liquid Kids (US)
    Rom: liquidk

Randomly selected from the MGL 9 game list, game 57 on the list

No Current Hi-Score

Manufacturer: Taito
    Year: 1990
    Class: Wide Release
    Genre: Platform
    Type: Videogame
    Monitor:

Orientation: Horizontal
    Type: Raster: Standard Resolution
    CRT: Color
    Conversion Class: JAMMA
    Number of Simultaneous Players: 1
    Maximum number of Players: 2
    Gameplay: Alternating
    Control Panel Layout: Single Player
    Controls:
    Joystick: 8-way
    Buttons: 2 [Fire|Jump]
    Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Liquid Kids Description

Hipopo the Hippo must throw his magical water globes at enemies to freeze and damage them. He can then kick these immobilized enemies to destroy them.

Game Introduction

Hipopo waddles through many cute levels in search of his girlfriend. He rescues other captured hippo-like animals on the way. He throws globes full of water that gushes when it hits a wall or creature. The water attack is exactly like Taito's Bubble Bobble water attack. The game is a 4-way scroller with very large levels and lots of surprises. Many of the levels have moving platforms, collapsing floors and other obstacles.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8433)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 9 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
    Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.
    Mid week bonus of 10 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Wednesday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 18th of October BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).
    DKong
    sigpic

This game should be called 'BubbleBoy' as it looks and plays like a combination of Wonderboy and Bubble Bobble.. at first I thought it was quite naff but after a few games I'm liking it, happy to see a platformer come up anyways

Edit: Score update
    Last edited by Jed; 18th January 2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Nice pup

Comment

So far... This game doesn't seem too hard once you learn where stuff is. I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets a long way into this one. Cheers!

EDIT: Score 61,070 -> 78,710
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Rev; 18th October 2009, 08:52 PM.

Comment

More points to come if I can just get past that damned 3-2 boss!!
          Last edited by kane; 19th October 2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev
            I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets a long way into this one.

Are you recording this in 106 mate ...the TG wr is only 126k ..although the MARP hs is 1.2 mill.

john

Comment

Kane, (got me by that much) quote get smart.....for the young ones!

first, hi score by point pressing hey kane

second one concentrating on how far I could get
              Attached Files
              Last edited by fringert; 19th October 2009, 04:27 PM. Reason: updating score
              Shit happens,then you die!

Comment

Originally posted by fringert View Post
                Kane, (got me by that much) quote get smart.....for the young ones!
                Cool, our screen shots are almost in an identical position too.

Comment

Midweek points to kane!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                    This game should be called 'BubbleBoy' as it looks and plays like a combination of Wonderboy and Bubble Bobble.. at first I thought it was quite naff but after a few games I'm liking it, happy to see a platformer come up anyways

Edit: uploaded my pooch by mistake but she's such a goooood girl, stay..

PS really enjoying this game who nommed it ? It has all the hallmarks of a good platformer, I'm always trying to get further (but not succeeding past 2-2 at the moment)
                    Ha! I think it should be called BubbleWonderBro's, I feel a a bit of a snow bros influence in there as well
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lexmark View Post
                      Are you recording this in 106 mate ...the TG wr is only 126k ..although the MARP hs is 1.2 mill.

john

I use Wolf 106 habitually .... I'll probably make it to 126K but still come second last in this weekly comp

Say, I came across a secret door in the water level that took me to a Bubble Bobble like screen. Don't know if it was a random thing or not. I suspect there's a few hidden bonuses in this game

Comment

Originally posted by Rev View Post
                        I use Wolf 106 habitually .... I'll probably make it to 126K but still come second last in this weekly comp

Say, I came across a secret door in the water level that took me to a Bubble Bobble like screen. Don't know if it was a random thing or not. I suspect there's a few hidden bonuses in this game
                        There is always MGL 10, hopefully we can sort out some more rules, refine the system so its fairer on the players and not the spectators/nominators of games, after all it is the players that make the game.
                        MGL 10 will be bigger than Sydney 2000

I found a couple of those secret door as well, the game is pretty good
                        sigpic

Comment

Top game, but seems to get really hard really quick. The first and second worlds are a breeze and then boom...!!!!! Spikes evrywhere.........!!!!!

Comment

This ones not too bad, I think the slow pace lets it down a little.

I found this huge FAQ as it's the final game, thought I'd share
                            Last edited by SectionZ; 19th October 2009, 04:48 PM. Reason: update score

Comment

Score: 60960

Click image for larger version

Name:	liqu0001.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1780435

Not a bad game at all
                              "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X