Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - T9 Game 10: Exerion

Game 10: Exerion

Rom: exerion

Randomly selected from the MGL 9 game list, game 33 on the list

http://www.klov.com/images/10/1057898860.jpg

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242105212.png

No Current Hi-Score

Manufacturer: Jaleco

Year: 1983

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Shooter

Type: Videogame

Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

Conversion Class: unique

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player

Controls:

Joystick: 8-way

Buttons: 2 [slow Shot|Fast Shot]

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Exerion Description

This is a shoot-em-up game with parallax effects in the background and a nice simulation of inertia in the control of the ship. You have lots of enemies and two kinds of shooting, slow and fast.

Cheats, Tricks and Bugs

BUG: In the challenge stage, if you shoot all 40 aliens you normally get a bonus charge of 60. Sometimes a red hydra comes out during this stage. If you shoot it and all 40 aliens, you get a total of 41. The game seems to fail the test of 'hits=40' and only gives you a bonus charge of 41.

HINT: Try so build your supply of bullets for the fast cannon so it can be used in critical situations.

HINT: To get a high score, if you do not miss any shots your bonus score will keep on doubling to 10000 then reset to 000. When at 10000 miss a shot then bonus score will revert to 5000.

Game Play

In this game you have two weapon systems: one slow double-shot cannon and one fast single-shot cannon. With each enemy hit by the slow cannon you get one shot added to the fast cannon ammunition supply. After each stage there is a challenge stage where you can also build your fast-shot supply.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7731)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 9 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Mid week bonus of 10 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Wednesday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 5th of October BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong

Edited by DKong
  • Like 1

Cool game, I find the way it moves very frustrating, but fair, and different so therefore interesting. Not much time to play this week, I hope to find time to beat this score on Monday arvo.

0002.png.68547a4205c6c36ce6dbb938c6c2282e.png

Edited by Rat
slightly higher score
  • Like 1

Had a couple tries - I like this game, though I'm not that good at it :D

Especially like the huge pixellated bird/robots, reminds of the good old days of C64 gaming :laugh: The inertia of the ship trying to avoid things can be interesting.

Shudder to think of the winning score on this game - given the mad shmuppaz around here..

• Like 1

I was having a hell of time with this, for some reason the version of MAME I was using would cause the game to reset once I had passed 100,000 and lost a life, One game I had 300,000 + and died and the game reset :realmad::realmad::realmad:

Went back to an earlier version of MAME and now it works!!:)

exer0005.png.f8d859c004b3c9491dbfc3eefccda5cd.png

Edited by DKong
  • Like 1

Nice score DK, Ive got the original board for this one, never really played it though, except to test the board, looking forward to having a bash later in the week.

Are the correct dips lives=3 / Bonus =10,000 / Difficulty=Easy ?

Now for the million :laugh:

Those are the correct dips :)

• Like 1

Huge opener :cool:

Can I ask for a tip :)

Should you use both fire buttons at once to get the triple shot most of the time, or just mostly the double shot ?

I mostly use the double shot, I only use the rapid when in trouble . First couple of screens I don't touch the rapid. You will see why ;)

BTW its all in the tips and tricks in the first post:)

• Like 1

madly trying to hit f12 as I was reaching 1 million & blew last 2 men:realmad:

like donkey kong says only use rapid fire when in trouble, you should be able too built up a fair bit of ammo for the cannon that way

Our local squash court use to have this & bosconian, reminds me a bit of phoenix

exer0015.png.60bfabb2b284b0c9218dd6f1afa4984c.png

Edited by fringert
updating hi score
  • Like 1

madly trying to hit f12 as I was reaching 1 million & and blew last 2 men:realmad:

like donkey kong says only use rapid fire when in trouble, you should be able too built up a fair bit of ammo for the cannon that way

Our local squash court use to have this & bosconian, reminds me a bit of phoenix

Top effort Fringert!!! You know you can hit F12 after the game is over, when you put your initials in.

• Like 1

wheres the 1942 loop to loop when you get in trouble?

I know what you mean, any vertical shooter like this one, whenever I get stuck I always go for the Pheonix shield button, in this case all it does is a double shot.

• Like 1

I know what you mean, any vertical shooter like this one, whenever I get stuck I always go for the Pheonix shield button, in this case all it does is a double shot.

Try and use your double shot as your main shooter so you can stockpile the single shooter, which if you hold down becomes rapid fire. But only use in short bursts,don't use it all at once :067: :018:

• Like 1

Try and use your double shot as your main shooter so you can stockpile the single shooter, which if you hold down becomes rapid fire. But only use in short bursts,don't use it all at once :067: :018:

I'm sort of the opposite, I keep dying with 100 charges left, so now I'm making myself use it more to stay alive longer.

• Like 1

:redface Most ive ever got on this one, but still finding it a wee bit hard.

Cant load a screenshot once again for f%#*s sake!!!:realmad:

"exerion.bmp:

The Dimension limits for this filetype are 620 x 280. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 224 x 320."<<< im thinking this size was acceptable?

Any ideas?

• Like 1