Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - T9 Game 9: Dr Micro

Game 9: Dr Micro

Rom: drmicro

Randomly selected from the MGL 9 game list, game 31 on the list

http://www.arcade-history.com/images/game/685_1.png

No Current Hi-Score

Dr. Micro ? 1983 Sanritsu.

Main CPU : Z80 (@ 3.072 Mhz)

Sound Chips : (3x) SN76496 (@ 4.608 Mhz), MSM5205 (@ 384 Khz)

Screen orientation : Vertical

Video resolution : 224 x 256 pixels

Screen refresh : 60.00 Hz

Palette colors : 32

Players : 2

Control : 4-way joystick

Buttons : 1

Dr Micro Description

An early platform game in which the player must defeat a mad scientist, avoiding and destroying his evil creations in the process.

The game consists of 3 single-screen levels :

On the first the player must move from the left to the right of the screen, dropping dpown onto constantly moving metal pillars and shooting the enemies.

On the second level, the player must steer a floating ball around the screen, killing as many enemies as possible. Once enough enemies have been killed, an exit will open which the player must enter. The floating ball gradually dimishes and the player will have to drop to the bottom of the screen several times to get a replacment ball.

The final screen takes place on the scientist's production line; with machinary that must be carfully negotiated. Two large robots bar the route to the scientists and must be destroyed before the scientist can be reached.

()

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 9 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Mid week bonus of 10 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Wednesday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 28th of September BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong

• Like 1

heehee this is one of my nominations :)

Pretty basic little game, only three screens to learn but they are quite different. 2nd screen is my fave and there are lotsa bono's to be had for players who are looking.

Expect to see some big scores on this one, given the talent in this comp I reckon someone will get a million or above - probably Fringert, the 'Rain Man' of retro video games ? :lol

Game on.

• Like 1

Pretty basic little game, only three screens to learn but they are quite different. 2nd screen is my fave and there are lotsa bono's to be had for players who are looking.

Expect to see some big scores on this one, given the talent in this comp I reckon someone will get a million or above - probably Fringert, the 'Rain Man' of retro video games ? :lol

Game on.

Good game.

I have worked out the "point pushing" on level 2 :)

• Like 1

Game on.

Hey jammasized,kiss my :bum: :lol

• Like 1

Decent little game, weird at first but getting more coordinated now, don't know about a million though, it gets a bit fast further along...

EDIT: OK, screenshots are of - 1 million part 45 - 2 million part 88 - part 100 - and death at part 104.

Edited by kane
  • Like 1

i had never heard of it before and happened to get a dr micro board in a pack of unworking boards.

i had a real hard time trying to find anything out about it over the net and started to think that the tag on it was wrong but then i found it on a small site in some corner of the net

i might go have to try find a mame version and have a game and see what its like

• Like 1

5,081,070 - part 208

It would be a marathon effort to get a million I agree - but it's definitely doable when you see what happens after set 5 (or 6, cant quite remember) ;)

Edit: Score update. Mashed my previous best on this game, this MGL thing really is stretching me :)

2nd Edit: 2 million + :D:D

Final score update: Had the best game of my life on anything - crazy score that took almost 4 hours of play and left me in kind of a daze once I had finally lost my last man, at part 208.

I point pressed almost every time 2nd screen to a certain extent then bailed. Once I figure out how to get INP files working on my multi-game cab setup, am going to do it all again and submit it as Twimn Galaxies lists 1.2mill as their #1, and MARP lists 3.3mill as their #1. Could do it again I think without trouble.

So the pics:

1: 1st rollback, Part 41, 1,019,520

2: 2nd rollback, Part 78, 2,011,030

3. 3rd rollback, Part 119, 3,022,000

4. 4th rollback, Part 162, 4,007,020

5. 5th rollback, Part 204, 5,002,790

6. Death, part 208, 5,081,070

Dkong, I took heaps more pics of the score climbing as I went along, so if you want further verification over and above than these 6 'milestone' pics, just ask I'll send you the whole lot. Have pics of the Parts rolling back from 99 to 00 twice but this site only allows 6 max uploads.

2_part_78.thumb.jpg.e976b91db4897d97c4c965be59f9f093.jpg

3_part_119.thumb.jpg.0c5ae35fce8cf63c98a9bbcd3e480705.jpg

4_part_162.thumb.jpg.52e27ac7d74c6f06ef478d9a405b0776.jpg

5_part_204.thumb.jpg.440485fdac773217a9337d09eada7499.jpg

Edited by Jed
  • Like 1

obviously im bringing out the retard patrol by asking this question but so i shoot the frogs in level one. level two, im not even sure what im suppose to be doing. then again i can only amasse 52k on cc after one hour of grinding.

you sure you guys dont want to play for cash? dead money walking here.

A bit addictive this one, just realised I can move the platforms on level one <doh>, now getting stuck on level 2 point pushing ;)

Maybe the first incarnation of a Mega man type of game

1 . The Dr Evil

2. he makes Robots

3. you have a little man fighting the Evil :laugh:

We need more info on this game!!

Great game, love it, well nominated Jammasized, bonus midweek MGL hugs to you:p

• Like 1

A bit addictive this one, just realised I can move the platforms on level one <doh>, now getting stuck on level 2 point pushing ;)

Glad you're enjoying it! Dr Micro was a fave cocktail of mine back in the early 80's - a 'goto' machine when I was low on 20's as a high school wagger :laugh:

Updated my score - I reckon I can push a million by next Monday - hopefully...

I agree there's not much info on this game at all on the net, KLOV has nothing which is pretty rare.

PS Dkong dont point press too much on the 2nd screen - you invariably lose more lives than it's worth, as you probably have found out, chasing those bonos! I usually point press the bee-jesus out of it the first time through, then only take a few of the animals for the rest of the time, just keep getting through the screens instead, those floating things can be nasty.

Hint: Once you have killed the scientist 5 times, you're in for a very pleasant surprise. :)

• Like 1

Glad you're enjoying it! Dr Micro was a fave cocktail of mine back in the early 80's - a 'goto' machine when I was low on 20's as a high school wagger :laugh:

Updated my score - I reckon I can push a million by next Monday - hopefully...

I agree there's not much info on this game at all on the net, KLOV has nothing which is pretty rare.

PS Dkong dont point press too much on the 2nd screen - you invariably lose more lives than it's worth, as you probably have found out, chasing those bonos! I usually point press the bee-jesus out of it the first time through, then only take a few of the animals for the rest of the time, just keep getting through the screens instead, those floating things can be nasty.

Hint: Once you have killed the scientist 5 times, you're in for a very pleasant surprise. :)

HAHA agree on the point pressing on level 2, set my self a limit now (don't be greedy :laugh:)

I am guessing through 5 times goes back to original level 1 ..slow.:unsure

Mcloving the game though :)

• Like 1

1 . The Dr Evil

2. he makes Robots

Am I playing the same game ? I don't see anything good about it :(

I'll always give a game a chance & I have had about 10 games, if anything i'm disliking it more everytime I play! 120k so far, I'll give it another go on the W/E.

• Like 1

Nice one Kane, I'll stand by my original statement, could be a few million plus scores on this one?

By the way - the #1 spot on Twin Galaxies for this game is around 1.1 million (A guy in South Aussie no less, Robert Macauley, has heaps of big scores on TG for many many games) - anyone know this guy or is he already here :) If I could do an INP recording on my multi-cab setup I'd love to, as I'd love to have a crack at the TG high. :D

PS That top score on TG is 100% completed. So it seems the game only goes through 3 times till it ends based on that. Part 45 is the final screen ? :unsure

• Like 1

Nice one Kane, I'll stand by my original statement, could be a few million plus scores on this one?

By the way - the #1 spot on Twin Galaxies for this game is around 1.1 million (A guy in South Aussie no less, Robert Macauley, has heaps of big scores on TG for many many games) - anyone know this guy or is he already here :) If I could do an INP recording on my multi-cab setup I'd love to, as I'd love to have a crack at the TG high. :D

PS That top score on TG is 100% completed. So it seems the game only goes through 3 times till it ends based on that. Part 45 is the final screen ? :unsure

There are scores of 3mil+ input recordings don't count on TG.

• Like 1

1 . The Dr Evil

2. he makes Robots

Once you get through level 18 its easier,slower I assume from this point on ( just gotta get there ) with men in tow!

• Like 1

There are scores of 3mil+ input recordings don't count on TG.

Check again, dr micro *mame* record is 1.1mill, inp files are the only method accepted for submission of mame high scores.

Edit: You could also have an offical TG referree witness, but for most an INP file would be easier :)

Edited by Jed
  • Like 1

Huge!

I'm only interested in the Twin Galaxies high though myself :laugh:

You gotta wonder why these kinds of scores aren't in TG, what's up with that ?

Also a bit confused that 1.1mill says 100% completed on TG whereas these scores of 3 mill would go well beyond 100% ? :unsure

4 million now my quest then :lol

• Like 1