Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGL - T9 Game 8: Circus Charlie

Game 8: Circus Charlie
    Rom: circusc3 (This is the Konami no level select version)

Randomly selected from the MGL 9 game list, game 22 on the list

Current HiScore held by Shock_And_Awe 210,220

Manufacturer: Konami
    Year: 1984
    Class: Wide Release
    Genre: Platform
    Type: Videogame
    Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical
    Type: Raster: Standard Resolution
    CRT: Color
    Conversion Class: Konami Classic
    Number of Simultaneous Players: 1
    Maximum number of Players: 2
    Gameplay: Alternating
    Control Panel Layout: Single Player Ambidextrous
    Controls:
    Joystick: 2-way (left, right)
    Buttons: 1 [Jump]
    Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Circus Charlie Description

Guide Charlie through six different circus events including Fire Rings, Tight Rope, Trampoline, Ball Walk, Horse Back, and Flying Trapeze. Timer bonus points are added for finishing a level and more points are awarded for completing a round without losing Charlie. The game is over when all Circus Charlies are lost.

(403 Forbidden)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 9 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
    Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.
    Mid week bonus of 10 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Wednesday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 21st of September BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).
    DKong
    sigpic

Someone actually nominated this game as one of their favourites

Comment

is there a quota on how many games people can nominate? if not maybe introduce it to avoid circus charlie incidence in the future?

cant wait for t10 im itching for it and its not the herpes.

Comment

I can't even work out what the hell to do on the tramampoline level.

Comment

The second time round is a bitch.

Last edited by MamePatrol; 19 September 2009, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I mught have nominated this game. Damn good game and my daughter is addicted to it.

Unfortunately my mame cab died the first week of the comp so I had to pull out =(

Brad
            My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              I mught have nominated this game. Damn good game and my daughter is addicted to it.

Unfortunately my mame cab died the first week of the comp so I had to pull out =(

Brad
              I like this game as well, controls/movement are smooth, graphics are great ( for the time ) bonus's a plenty, no room for mistakes and a good challenge.

Get into it peoples At least its a platform game for all that were hanging for one

Originally posted by henrybulldog View Post
              is there a quota on how many games people can nominate? if not maybe introduce it to avoid circus charlie incidence in the future?

cant wait for t10 im itching for it and its not the herpes.
              I'm thinking for the next MGL, only people who played the previous can nominate games for the next MGL and limit it to say 5 games

Other MGL'er thoughts ?
              Last edited by DKong; 15 September 2009, 10:28 AM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
              sigpic

Comment

I think Dk introduced me to this some time ago, i was happy to see it come up and gave it a good few hours last night. Your right.....NO ROOM FOR ERROR!

Comment

I played this at a corner shop as a kid. Quickly became a favourite.

Brad
                  My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

I really must tip my hat to you guys in reverence. I'm clearly nowhere near as hardcore a retro gamer, that I would welcome the prospect of playing Circus Charlie for a whole week

All in good fun. 200k high score ? Good Lord

Comment

Not a bad game! Learning more every game
                      Last edited by fringert; 17 September 2009, 12:05 AM. Reason: updating hi score
                      Shit happens,then you die!

Comment

For some reason (my alzheimers/oldtimers) I thought this was that jump on the seesaw and pop the balloons game, the one you always used to find in at sideshow alleys - along with that draw-the-gun-and-shoot-the-hologram-cowboy-game

Happy to find it's actually completely different and quite enjoyable

Almost through it after a couple hours of practice and if it starts again only slightly harder next time through, then I reckon ballpark high score is doable ?

Quite addictive!

EDIT: I spent hours and hours on this addictive game today! It's of the kinder games in MGL9 so far I think but man does it suck you in. (except for the swings, hate hate hate) Found it hard to stop playing, the advantages of working from home Getting 10k time bonuses on the early levels help a lot. Wanna give that high score a nudge by next Monday!
                        Last edited by Jed; 18 January 2010, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Had a few more games today, a few little secrets in there.
                          Attached Files

Comment

My best score ever, must be the new Sanwa's over the 20 year old MCA's .
                            Damn trapeze, must be one of the hardest levels for swinging never was one for heights , master this last level and I get to do all again
                            One game I have never completed, but hopefully will by Monday.

Must be a circus in town lets shut the shit down

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                            For some reason (my alzheimers/oldtimers) I thought this was that jump on the seesaw and pop the balloons game, the one you always used to find in at sideshow alleys - along with that draw-the-gun-and-shoot-the-hologram-cowboy-game

Happy to find it's actually completely different and quite enjoyable

Almost through it after a couple hours of practice and if it starts again only slightly harder next time through, then I reckon ballpark high score is doable ?

Quite addictive!
                            It is an addictive game, and quick too ( money puller in its day I bet ), damn was hoping for midwek points this week now I will have to play some more.

The trapeze spins me out

It is one of the best Golden Era Arcade games ever
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by DKong; 21 September 2009, 05:35 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
                            sigpic

Comment

Best Riding-A-Lion-Through-Flaming-Hoops game ever!

That Lion just cracks me up, I like reversing and making him do the Lion moonwalk.

EDIT: Finally cracked 300K, got the hang of the trapeze in this game and finished it four times!
                              Last edited by kane; 21 September 2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X