Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - T9 Game 8: Circus Charlie

Game 8: Circus Charlie

Rom: circusc3 (This is the Konami no level select version)

Randomly selected from the MGL 9 game list, game 22 on the list

http://www.klov.com/images/10/1048792417.jpg

http://www.klov.com/images/11/118124207031.png

Current HiScore held by Shock_And_Awe 210,220

Manufacturer: Konami

Year: 1984

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Platform

Type: Videogame

Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

Conversion Class: Konami Classic

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player Ambidextrous

Controls:

Joystick: 2-way (left, right)

Buttons: 1 [Jump]

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Circus Charlie Description

Guide Charlie through six different circus events including Fire Rings, Tight Rope, Trampoline, Ball Walk, Horse Back, and Flying Trapeze. Timer bonus points are added for finishing a level and more points are awarded for completing a round without losing Charlie. The game is over when all Circus Charlies are lost.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7341)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 9 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Mid week bonus of 10 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Wednesday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 21st of September BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong

• Like 1

I mught have nominated this game. Damn good game and my daughter is addicted to it.

Unfortunately my mame cab died the first week of the comp so I had to pull out =(

Brad

I like this game as well, controls/movement are smooth, graphics are great ( for the time :)) bonus's a plenty, no room for mistakes and a good challenge.

Get into it peoples :) At least its a platform game for all that were hanging for one:p

is there a quota on how many games people can nominate? if not maybe introduce it to avoid circus charlie incidence in the future?

cant wait for t10 im itching for it and its not the herpes.

I'm thinking for the next MGL, only people who played the previous can nominate games for the next MGL and limit it to say 5 games:unsure

Other MGL'er thoughts ?

• Like 1

I really must tip my hat to you guys in reverence. I'm clearly nowhere near as hardcore a retro gamer, that I would welcome the prospect of playing Circus Charlie for a whole week :laugh:

All in good fun. 200k high score ? Good Lord :blink:

• Like 1

For some reason (my alzheimers/oldtimers) I thought this was that jump on the seesaw and pop the balloons game, the one you always used to find in at sideshow alleys - along with that draw-the-gun-and-shoot-the-hologram-cowboy-game :)

Happy to find it's actually completely different and quite enjoyable :redface

Almost through it after a couple hours of practice and if it starts again only slightly harder next time through, then I reckon ballpark high score is doable ?

Quite addictive!

EDIT: I spent hours and hours on this addictive game today! It's of the kinder games in MGL9 so far I think but man does it suck you in. (except for the swings, hate hate hate) Found it hard to stop playing, the advantages of working from home :D Getting 10k time bonuses on the early levels help a lot. Wanna give that high score a nudge by next Monday!

Edited by Jed
Score update
  • Like 1

My best score ever, must be the new Sanwa's over the 20 year old MCA's :p.

Damn trapeze, must be one of the hardest levels for swinging :lol never was one for heights :lol, master this last level and I get to do all again;)

One game I have never completed, but hopefully will by Monday.

Must be a circus in town lets shut the shit down :laugh:

For some reason (my alzheimers/oldtimers) I thought this was that jump on the seesaw and pop the balloons game, the one you always used to find in at sideshow alleys - along with that draw-the-gun-and-shoot-the-hologram-cowboy-game :)

Happy to find it's actually completely different and quite enjoyable :redface

Almost through it after a couple hours of practice and if it starts again only slightly harder next time through, then I reckon ballpark high score is doable ?

Quite addictive!

It is an addictive game, and quick too ( money puller in its day I bet ;) ), damn was hoping for midwek points this week now I will have to play some more.

The trapeze spins me out :lol

It is one of the best Golden Era Arcade games ever :)

circ0012.png.d965c62ecf3da2356349f2ec2c553fc8.png

Edited by DKong
Auto Merged Double Post.
  • Like 1

Best Riding-A-Lion-Through-Flaming-Hoops game ever!

That Lion just cracks me up, I like reversing and making him do the Lion moonwalk. :lol

EDIT: Finally cracked 300K, got the hang of the trapeze in this game and finished it four times!

Edited by kane
  • Like 1

Best Riding-A-Lion-Through-Flaming-Hoops game ever!

That Lion just cracks me up, I like reversing and making him do the Lion moonwalk. :lol

I went through a burning ring of fire, I went down down down :p but flames went higher, haha

some good scores coming out, time to go jump some monkeys again :)

• Like 1

My best score ever, must be the new Sanwa's over the 20 year old MCA's :p.

Damn trapeze, must be one of the hardest levels for swinging

Those damn swings, you sure can't play it like jungle king :laugh:

Sanwas are just too good, just got my first pair a couple months back - ball top 4/8 way, the switchable thing is a must - especially for game like this one ;)

• Like 1

Those damn swings, you sure can't play it like jungle king :laugh:

Sanwas are just too good, just got my first pair a couple months back - ball top 4/8 way, the switchable thing is a must - especially for game like this one ;)

YEaH X 2 on the trapeze, thats why I put one of these in on the CP

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=22773&page=14

Now no excuses :laugh:

Only just realised this time around Circus Charlie is 2 - way

• Like 1

Is everyone going through 1-6 then repeating? I've been repeating 5 times then moving on to the monkeys etc etc

No! still stuck on the first levels here, damn you :lol. looks like I will have to play sober, nice score mate ;) BTW we are using the the no level select as in the first page of this thread ;)

The trapeze , the trapeze , agghh , maybe a sober mind will help me swing :p

• Like 1

Is everyone going through 1-6 then repeating? I've been repeating 5 times then moving on to the monkeys etc etc

hang on, you mean you are playing the level select version ? That's not the version we are playing I thought, we are playing the non level-select version ?

• Like 1

And yeah Fringert you are playing level select and playing the first level five times ( ie PM).

I did state the rom and ( no level select) in the header of this game, so no excuses this time.

So no you can't play the same level over and over, thats why I put the no level select Circus Charlie Rom as the one:banned:

• Like 1

And yeah Fringert you are playing level select and playing the first level five times ( ie PM).

I did state the rom and ( no level select) in the header of this game, so no excuses this time.

So no you can't play the same level over and over, thats why I put the no level select Circus Charlie Rom as the one:banned:

Apologies :redface I have the konami & centuri versions so I played the konami version & realised by accident that I could play the same level several times (the centuri version is the same) Where can I D/L the non select version? Again innocent mistake!

• Like 1