No announcement yet.

MGL - T9 Game 5: Donkey Kong (US Set 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL - T9 Game 5: Donkey Kong (US Set 1)

Game 5: Donkey Kong
    Rom: US Set 1 (dkong)

Randomly selected from the MGL 9 game list

Current HiScore held by wingtipvortex 262,700

Manufacturer: Nintendo
    Year: 1981
    Class: Wide Release
    Genre: Platform
    Type: Videogame
    Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical
    Type: Raster: Standard Resolution
    CRT: Color
    Conversion Class: Nintendo Classic
    Number of Simultaneous Players: 1
    Maximum number of Players: 2
    Gameplay: Alternating
    Control Panel Layout: Single Player
    Controls:
    Joystick: 4-way (up, down, left, right)
    Buttons: 1
    Sound: Unamplified Mono (requires one-channel amp)

Donkey Kong Description

Jumpman -- known today as Mario -- must traverse levels (structures) to save his girlfriend, Pauline, from Donkey Kong before time runs out. The levels include Girders, Rivets, Elevators, and Conveyor Belts. Mario must avoid flames, barrels, and bouncing rivets to reach his goal.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7610l)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 9 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
    Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.
    Mid week bonus of 10 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Wednesday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 31st of August BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).
    DKong
    Last edited by DKong; 24th August 2009, 10:38 PM.
    sigpic

Epic game.

When the dust settles - who'll be Aussie Arcade's

and

Comment

Love this game....big arcade memories for me, even though it was Crazy Kong i played in the 80's, it was still Donkey Kong!

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
        Love this game....big arcade memories for me, even though it was Crazy Kong i played in the 80's, it was still Donkey Kong!
        Ditto!
        Shit happens,then you die!

Comment

Ditto +2, it was Crazy Kong machines I also played, which has the more logical progression of levels. Were the US set machines ever even in Australia ? Perhaps it was a septic who nominated the US set ?

Comment

And there off! my mistake us 1 it is!
            Last edited by fringert; 26th August 2009, 12:55 AM.

Comment

My 3rd highest score ever, off to a good start. I had another good game going, was at 120k when the power went off from the storms here, BAH!

Also, fringert, you're using the wrong set, the US Set 1 only has 3 letter initial highscore entries, thats probably the japan set. The difficulty varies alot between sets for this game, so everyone make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                Ditto +2, it was Crazy Kong machines I also played, which has the more logical progression of levels. Were the US set machines ever even in Australia ? Perhaps it was a septic who nominated the US set ?

I only did the US Set 1, as it's the official King of Kong set, and Donkey Kong was nominated not Crazy Kong ( unless we do the Jap set I think which does the levels in order ), maybe when people nominate they can say the rom set to stop hysteria
                I wouldn't mind doing the Crazy Kong but I don't think anyone nominated it, I love Crazy Kong
                Seems again we had a lot of nominations from players who are not even participating, next time only nominated games from players who played at least 5 games in the last MGL will be included in the next MGL.
                Will save this fury of game nominations from the outsiders

Then the outsiders can work there way in to nominate there games

Just a thought, anyone want to add or disagree feel free

And remember its all about fun

Last edited by DKong; 26th August 2009, 01:55 AM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah Crazy was indeed nominated

I'm really enjoying playing the US set for a change though, it's way more of a challenge from the word go, and the weirdo level order is pretty interesting though sometimes I still have no idea what's coming next.. which is a good thing!

Much harder to get a decent score though and it's taken me quite a few goes to get this far, which isn't that far at all

Massive high score on this one wingtip, oh my

EDIT: Score update, starting to Grok the US set a little more.
                  Last edited by Jed; 18th January 2010, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Donkey Kong, i'll attempt to get out of the bottom three this week. Don't like my chances though. I watch King of Kong for some inspiration last night, didnt help much

I hit the Rivets level last night (yes second screen) I don't believe I've ever actually played that level before! I've now mamed my cab and set my MCAs to 4way, which as we can probably appreciate, is a much better way to play in this comp.

I've managed to improve from 800 to 18,000+ in 4 games so not all bad, Extremely fun game when the 8way isn't cutting out on you every other second.
                    - My random bits | - A Wah!Cade wiki | - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | |

Comment

Attached Files
                      Last edited by wingtipvortex; 28th August 2009, 05:38 PM.

Comment

I've never played this before in any arcade! It's much harder than crazy kong and whats with the random levels? Very strange

Nearly half way! Fireballs on fourth level are getting hard to predict!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by fringert; 26th August 2009, 11:19 PM. Reason: updating score

Comment

Levels are as follows...

L1 1-4

L2 1-3-4

L3 1-2-3-4.

L4 1-2-1-3-4

L5 1-2-1-3-1-4

L6 through L21 all remain the same as L5

L22 1 (Kill screen).

Great score Fringert! You have now beaten my high Whats your strategy for the elevator levels from 4 onwards? Ive tried 3 or 4 different ways, but cant come up with an answer. Please tell

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                            Levels are as follows...

L1 1-4

L2 1-3-4

L3 1-2-3-4.

L4 1-2-1-3-4

L5 1-2-1-3-1-4

L6 through L21 all remain the same as L5

L22 1 (Kill screen).

Great score Fringert! You have now beaten my high Whats your strategy for the elevator levels from 4 onwards? Ive tried 3 or 4 different ways, but cant come up with an answer. Please tell
                            Its all in the video! Listen to Billy, "somebody wants to become an Aussie Arcade World Champion,what do they do? Forget it!You don't become a world champion, it's in your DNA!
                            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SKZxvDQryA&feature=related"]YouTube - Billy Mitchell - MTV Interview - The King of Kong[/ame]

Comment

Now give me the real answer

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X