Now give me the real answer
    Ok! I'll tell you at 8.01pm Monday
    Shit happens,then you die!

Comment

fringert takes out midweek points with a whopping 369, 500
      Nice score!
      sigpic

Comment

Like everyone has said this is way harder than Crazy Kong, but I do prefer the US set, it feels real

I'm sure I have played the US set in the arcades in OZ in the day.

This is not my highest ever, I think I have got over 120k on US DK in the past.

Some great scores here

The trick to the bouncing girders is..................

On level 4 they come in groups of three or four then a slightly larger gap. They also drop in a different area of the screen. Watch and count.........then move.......but it's still difficult, I died there this time, but have made it in the past.
        Attached Files
        Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Good advice Rat, i think ive found a sweet spot. When a spring hits a few mm to the right of the right ladder, thats when i go.
          As you said though, it is hard, and its seems to be random sometimes(if youv'e lost a life or not).

Is anyone point pressing? or just trying to get through the level?

Comment

Man i blow at this game...

After many games i just cracked 10,000......

Comment

you're the man fingert, can't get to L04 , yet !
              Last edited by Mikie; 29th August 2009, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikie View Post
                you're the man fingert, can't get to L04 , yet !
                See where you died there, you dont need to go down that road man, when in the middle section jump on the elevator and then jump on to the second girder down....almost straight away. That takes away 2 efforts of dodging the springs

Comment

Originally posted by fringert View Post
                  I've never played this before in any arcade! It's much harder than crazy kong and whats with the random levels? Very strange

Nearly half way! Fireballs on fourth level are getting hard to predict!
                  FFS you are now pulling off 350,000+ scores and you have never played it before this week, look OK the Galaga Hiscore I can deal with but consecutive weeks with massive Highscores on games you have never played before, come on, think you are ****ing up the MGL for everyone else.
                  Not calling cheat (close)_ but noone ever in the MGL has been that good on consecutive games, unless you are the RAINMAN of video games I feel we need some proof of your scores of another member here to validate it with sight.

Sorry man I just don't buy it, prove me otherwise
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                    FFS you are now pulling off 350,000+ scores and you have never played it before this week, look OK the Galaga Hiscore I can deal with but consecutive weeks with massive Highscores on games you have never played before, come on, think you are ****ing up the MGL for everyone else.
                    Not calling cheat (close)_ but noone ever in the MGL has been that good on consecutive games, unless you are the RAINMAN of video games I feel we need some proof of your scores of another member here to validate it with sight.

Sorry man I just don't buy it, prove me otherwise
                    To be fair to DK, i have been suspicious of this score and have had discussions with him about it. I have mentioned to DK that this score may not be plausible through conventional methods.

If you have indeed scored this through proper means Fringert, i will apologise now. But i have reason to belive this is not the case.

To obtain a score of 369,500 at level 10 would mean you are playing at the level of Weibie and Mitchel, hence, on every level that is possible you would be point pressing where applicable...... I personaly dont think that this can be achived after 1 day of Donkey Kongs(us set1) learning curve( seeing you stated you have never played this version before)

Steve and Billy have been playing for 20 years.

The only other solution i came up with was that you may have unlimited lives set for a period.

I set my rom set to "unlimited lives" to do a comparison to your score, to see how close it would be with your score and mine in the end. I lost 22 lives to reach level 10!
                    Your score---369,500
                    Mine---368,500

I have repeated this test 3 times and come within 5000 points of your score, this to me eliminates random factors.

I really hope i have made a major miscalculation with this, but, i dont belive i have. As DK says, maybe another form of varification is in order........

Comment

And because of this the MGL will be on hold from now till this is clarified.
                      The current game will stand till the current dilemma is sorted so keep playing until we can verify this situation. This will make it fair for everyone and future games
                      sigpic

Comment

And as I have no proof of these scores they will stand, sorry for being paranoid fringirt, you know in your heart and soul that you did it properly

Back on like Donkey Kong

Your regular MGL starts here .......................>>>>
                        Last edited by DKong; 29th August 2009, 12:18 AM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
                        sigpic

Comment

tips and tricks for everyone!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2YLu2aZowI&feature=related"]YouTube - Donkey Kong Strategy vid by Richie Knucklez #3[/ame]
                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aVQrBQvgJM"]YouTube - How To Beat The Third Elevator Stage On Donkey Kong[/ame]
                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnc-PAVMZc0&feature=related"]YouTube - Donkey Kong rivet level strategy video[/ame]

Comment

gives me a headache

need

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMD7Ezp3gWc"]YouTube - The Ramones - I wanna be sedated[/ame]
                            sigpic

Comment

you asked!

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                              you asked! hope this helps everyone,just not to much ok

Comment

Originally posted by fringert View Post
                                you asked! hope this helps everyone,just not to much ok

A couple of things.

1. How old are you

2. What is your passion in life
                                sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X